You can feel it on your clogs...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Direct literal translation for a typical Dutch expression that something is bound to happen, something perfectly insane in this case :D

The aforementioned Spark Of Insanity (yes I have the Dunham DVD in my movies cabinet) automatically happened after FANG10 shared the following picture with me:

You must be registered for see images attach

Today a pair of clogs with perfect fit has been acquired at the local agricultural supplies store. The plan is to find a way to Viperize it, my mind is going NUTS about the number of possibilities! One of the few things that are certain to happen is that they will receive actual OEM Viper paint.

- Gen 1/2 engine with custom Roe blower and straight short exhaust...
- same but then with 1 (heaven forbid TWO) Paxtons that will be sourced from scale models they are featured on or in the aftermarket accessories department...
- either 2 of the above with custom intake manifold...
- Gen 3 engine with Diamondback style throttlebodies and matching paint scheme...
- scale of the engines will be 1:18 in all cases, I "might" go 1:12 if a pair of Gen 1 engines from an Anson/JRL model doesn't look too far out of place.
- any other idea that you guys are able to throw my way, if there is enough interest I just might consider starting a small production line.

The two hapless pieces of wood awaiting their fate:

Where else :eater:

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have indeed been contemplating sidepipes, will have to start making concept drawings because my creative mind is already working overtime with a myriad of new ideas (which includes Viper Race Yellow paint) :spin:

Custom Emerald Green can also be considered should you request me to customise a pair :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
scale of the engines will be 1:18 in all cases, I "might" go 1:12 if a pair of Gen 1 engines from an Anson/JRL model doesn't look too far out of place.

You're putting model engines, side pipes, etc on shoes and you're afraid of something looking out of place? lol

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're putting model engines, side pipes, etc on shoes and you're afraid of something looking out of place? lol[/COLOR]

"Out of place" as in which scale will look better with the entire ensemble ;) I want to say the blower on the clogs appears to be 1:12, so that would have me looking at ways in which people are nowadays improving the Gen 1 engine's power output, which indirectly leads to the choice of OEM or custom intake manifold.

As far as the other engines go my choices are somewhat easier. I am going to take this project as far as I can, too bad Santa is already back on the North Pole or I would ask him for a book in which every available Viper engine mod is pictured, be it off the shelf or whatever custom fabbercation people came up with themselves.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today had me looking at one of the potential donors, the Gen 2 engine block from a black 1:18 AutoArt SRT-10 convertable prototype. Should my decision fall for 2 of this one the remaining bodies will be used in a 1:18 garage type setting like it's red 1:18 series production sister already is (which I might put back together).
Not really feeling like taking apart 2 rare 1:12 JRL/Anson RT/10's if they are still in good condition because they are more rare than this particular AutoArt model, would only consider going this route if someone has 2 unintentionally wrecked ones.

My original thought was that it is too small and to some extent I still agree, but am not sure if small also looks good. Here are a few pics, the 2nd and 3rd are taken at exactly the same distance in an attempt to make a close-up of the proportions.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I will take it out, paint the red parts yellow and put it back in just for the fun of it :eater:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah! No! I don't even have one of those! They cost $90 on ebay! There not that rare but akfkgledla. LOL why not a bbruago or a maisto? Thosell for $12-13 tops.

--RS

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I usually go for the highest detail level and this block has the Gen 2 style 3-ribbed intake manifold is why this AutoArt first came to mind, plus I am still undecided if a 1:18 block is too small or looks right... is anyone up to speed on the prices of 3D scanning and prototyping small stuff like this?

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now if you can just get them to throw Flames Out , you'll have a Hot Shoe !!!........lol ! :omg: :lmao: ;)

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now if you can just get them to throw Flames Out , you'll have a Hot Shoe !!!........lol ! :omg: :lmao: ;)

In the scale model airplane world there are smoke cartridges people sometimes put into exhausts :naughty:...

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd potential donor candidate and it looks like a winner because as I suspected this engine's size fits the overall picture better. Going to source a cheap non-OEM colored one, find a way to replicate all it's engine parts in two-fold (2 clogs = 2 engines, 1 engine per clog), have the body repainted in actual Emerald Green by my painter and put everything back together. Going to find out what paint was actually used to dye (sp?) the tan Gen 1 leather with too so that my VOI 12 shrine will get an accurate replica of Kermit's Viper, albeit sans polished Copperhead wheels and Lemke top :(

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ That is one awesome model!

You should tear apart a red one because they are worth less than a **** yellow one.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the clogs would look good painted Fast Red, white stripes and white hood vents :D

You could also do some side exit pipes. Or You could paint the car in a Le mans livery ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235