You Did it! IL VCA - 55 Viper Record Broken at Last Meeting!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've had some long standing goals in our club. One of them was a wish to hit 50 Vipers in attendance at a club meeting - no small achievement. Last year we accomplished that and a decade-old goal was now bumped to 55 cars - something everyone felt would be an immense challenge (especially with membership being much lower over the years due to the economy).

Well it didn't take you long, Wednesday the club came together to bust our meeting place at the seams and fill the lot with exactly 55 Vipers! An amazing accomplishment!! I'm truly proud of the achievement you guys have managed and I can speak for all the officers when I say kudos! I also want to acknowledge our former president Bill Sampognaro who for so long pushed the limits of attendance and I'm sure revels in the accomplishment.

I want to acknowledge folks who drive HOURS (ONE WAY) to come to a club meeting. I'm not kidding, there's more than just a handful, there's are a good number of folks driving two hours or more each way just to attend a meeting for 1 hour. And the vast majority drive more than an hour each way. For those new to the club, or unaware, don't be shocked - there's a reason and it's evident when you're among this group. No politics, we do special things, and we do it big! It's an honor to be associated with such a great group.

We have attendance lists for all who attended last night. We have a special gift we're going to present to all of you who brought Vipers. Congrats! We'll share them at the next meeting and we'll even ship for a few select folks who truly can't make it back over the next few months.

Now, you've brought this on yourselves, the bar gets raised. I'm not taking it easy on you guys… for a next goal, we're going to shoot for 60 Vipers. Yes folks, sounds crazy, but after yesterday it's possible to have 15% of a VOI come to a single monthly meeting. I will also commit that upon hitting 60 cars, I promise a truly over the top gift to the 60 owners who made it happen! But you'll have to hit 60 to find out…

Our new motto should be "Come for the car, stay for the people, break every record"! You guys aren't a club, you've definitely crossed over into cult territory with your commitment! My hats off in disbelief.

P.S. Jim beat me to it, but I wanted to include a video he took of the Vipers that evening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Go1HChNdj8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, that is a really amazing turnout.
Can't remember the last time I saw that many in one place.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATS! I know how hard that is to pull off. We have tried for record numbers as well. Our top count was 25 cars, but considering we have less than a 100 members not bad. Maybe someday we too can join the over 50 club!

I would love to see that many cars at an event. DREAM BIG!