You hit the Viper HOW???

SC ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to believe my 17 year old boy is an "A" student and a member of the National Honor Society... He even spent two days at the Panoz School at Road Atlanta #$%^&*(!.

And how do you get a scratch / gouge out of the rear bumper of 2002 ACR Final Edition #226?

102-0296_IMG.JPG

102-0293_IMG.JPG

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we know which door he is not parking behind from now on. Sorry about that but maybe you got off light if thats all the auto accidents he has. Sounds like he is a smart guy, be thankful. My girl is 20 and we had her 318 painted all over......one corner at a time. I know that doesn't help....when I have an accident the glass is ALWAYS half empty

OP
OP
S

SC ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, he's good at "his job." He took a fire hydrant out last year, and then there is the tail light on the X5, and the door on his car.... Of course I have had my moments... I guess it's back to Panoz School!

mjguflaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehe. I'm reminded of the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson:

"It's funny cause it happened to you" (as opposed to me)
laugh.gif

Get it fixed right and immediately and try not to think about it.

OP
OP
S

SC ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rear bumper can be repaired? It actually has a deep scratch and a small gouge like somebody stabbed it with a knife. Can they fill and paint that?

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IN OREGON THAT IS A HANGING OFFENSE!!!! wE GOT LOTS OF TALL TREES AND I BET I COULD SCARE UP SOME ROPE. SEND THE LITTLE FELLER OUT FOR A VISIT.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - ought to teach him how to drive on the street first, THEN the track! Next time you get a delivery from a UPS guy, ask him about the tapes they have to watch before they are allowed on the streets. I got my hands on one and its pretty decent - taught me a few tricks that no one bothered to tell me in driver's ed.

He's not drinking, is he? No drugs? "A" student and NHS do not mean he's straight edge. I ask because THAT many accidents of such a seemingly foolish nature don't add up to me.

Hopefully its just an example of youthful exuberance!

M

mclean

He wasn't aiming for one of the 2 doors that I see are open was he?

Sorry to hear about the accident.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's only one solution: all FE owners will have to stab their rear bumper caps to match. Share the pain, it's therapeutic. Oops...I've been listening to the Democratic National Committee again...

Seriously, fix it ASAP, and then take your son's Jeep on a serious off-road excursion!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I need a cheap rear bumper cover. Give ya $51.64 for and pay for shipping.

Panoz.......Isn't that a ford based school? If so I'm not even surprized...

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SC ACR,

I feel your pain
frown.gif
I picked up my 02 FE and realized a day later that there was an two inch long scratch on the top left of the bumper
pissed.gif
The scratch was all the way through the paint. I promptly went back to the dealer and demanded he repaint the bumper to correct the issue. The dealer owns their own body shop on site so I spoke with body guy and asked him how he was going to repair. It turns out they sand down the area of the scratch to the bumper base and build it up with primer coats and then blend it in with the final color coats. After the paint is built back up, the whole bumper was clear coated to ensure a nice smooth finish. I can tell you that I can not notice at all where the scratch was. Even under fluorescent light it is not noticable. Just make sure the body guy uses a flexing agent in the paint so that a year down the line the paint does not crack due to the bumper flexing. Some body shops don't like to using the flexing agent because of the cost. Good luck
smile.gif

Bandit400

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have also been getting some instruction at Panoz/Road Atlanta. Maybe you should rethink sending him back. Here are the effects of my November 2002 Panoz learning experience:

porsche1.jpg

porsche3.jpg

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahhh the old run into the garage door routine. This usually happens 99% of the time when your so **** drunk, you're lucky you got home.... Was your son drinking?

Gerald

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet he got in, started it up, put it in D, then while looking out the back window, he gunned it.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember once when I was 10 I banged on the rear quater panel of my dad's 66 HEMI coronet 500, he screamed at me for that.

I don't understand how this could happen unless he was under the influence of something, it's where he lives and likely drives out of it several times a day. Sheesh, I'd be ordered to move out if I ever did something like that, not because of the damaged car (well partly) but mostly for doing something so stupid.
Please tell me he's going to pay for it..or he won't ever learn.

OP
OP
S

SC ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear the bumper is an easy fix. As for the boy... he wasn't under the influence of anything... he did it at 8 AM "rushing" to school - he was running a little late and thought he had the Jeep in reverse! I chalk this up to "Sh-t happens."

rofl.gif
He asked if he could drive the Viper today.

eek.gif
He does have a weekend of painting ahead as the door is now replaced and all 3 must be painted so that they match.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SC ACR:
I guess it's back to Panoz School!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Panoz School should be a reward, not a punishment.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be to ******* him, I'm sure he feels like s!**.
Maybe you should put those big Brembo brakes that the Panos has on that Jeep!
It will look as good as new! Don't worry.
Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude