Your First Car?

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the first car you ever owned? Make sure you include a picture (if not yours, at least one off of the Net).

My first car was a 1984 red Nissan 300ZX w/ T-Tops and a fully digital dash. A chick, freakin', magnet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is picture of my first car. 1984 Mercury Topaz, I went crazy, paint job, hydraulics, daytons etc. (Circa 1994) Don't laugh I liked it

Last edited:

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No actual pictures of 1974 Dodge Dart 4dr. So you'll have to imagine this in ugly dodge green. It was my grandma's old car and I got a great deal on it. The 318 was an awesome engine though.

You must be registered for see images

tmish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first Car at 15 years old was a 64 Fury (sorry for the 10 year old photo, my son included). I inserted a 440 Big Block within a few years of purchasing it. Streetable high 12's car, good for back then.
I still own it, at least I did until today when I'm selling it to my older brother so I can go pick up my first Viper...a 2005 with 617 miles on it!...Needless to say I'm more than a little excited.
I've enjoyed reading you guys' (and girls) posts over the past month to help me keep my patience.

Attachments

• 64Furycrop.jpg
    64Furycrop.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 25

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first Car at 15 years old was a 64 Fury (sorry for the 10 year old photo, my son included). I inserted a 440 Big Block within a few years of purchasing it. Streetable high 12's car, good for back then.
I still own it, at least I did until today when I'm selling it to my older brother so I can go pick up my first Viper...a 2005 with 617 miles on it!...Needless to say I'm more than a little excited.
I've enjoyed reading you guys' (and girls) posts over the past month to help me keep my patience.

Congratulations on your purchase of an '05!!! (WHAT COLOR????) Welcome aboard and totally enjoy your Viper!!!! Pics when you can!! ~juli

tmish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought you may guess from the color of the Fury...
and my 04 300m, and my 06 Dakota...
No disrespect to your black 05, it's sweet too but seems I have a decided tendency for red vehicles...my Sportster is black, does that count?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought you may guess from the color of the Fury...
and my 04 300m, and my 06 Dakota...
No disrespect to your black 05, it's sweet too but seems I have a decided tendency for red vehicles...my Sportster is black, does that count?

LOL--ANY color Viper is stunning!!!! Thanx for considering my fondness for BLACK~~yep, your Sportster counts!!! (I had already guessed you chose red!!) Good for you, and just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!! ~juli

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a 1968 Pontiac Bonneville convertible when I was 15 - white with blue interior, rear fender skirts, etc., and like new although that was 1978 so it was only 10 years old at the time. Man, was that thing a boat...6 of us could cruise in comfort.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 15 I cashed in my savings bonds and bought a 64 GTO for $900.00. For some reason lost to me now I painted it green. I guess red wasn't my favorite way back then but I had a $1,000 to spend and cherry bombs were pretty expensive as I remember.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1986 Honda CRX Si 5-speed manual with a sunroof! Great car, handled well, decent speed. I tried to buy a 1967 Mustang fastback with a 351W and 4-speed manual, but mom wouldn't let me. Wish I had that car now, I would have made some $$$.... :D

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1966 Mustang coupe partial floor pans no heater, ps or power breaks!In the winter I had to use motorcycle goggles so the snow swirling inside the car wouldn't blind me.I pulled the car from a farmers field and thought I had died and gone to heaven!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1991 Pontiac GrandAm LE, quad 4 engine, paid $3800. I actually had the car until early this year when the engine finally died in it.

Picture this car in silver and without the bra:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1st car was at 19 years old, back in Canada and it was my uncle's 1986 Cavalier in silver with a black cloth interior. My uncle used it as a commuter car, 6 miles to work and back for 3 years, so it had low mileage....it also had ZERO options...not one!!

No power steering
No Radio
No floormats (he bought a cheap set and I bought new ones)
No power windows
No Air Conditioning
No power seats

It was so bare bones....it made every car since then seem like a dream and that's why there is value to starting humble. I've been to car shows and talked to people and they are all sad that their current car isn't that great compared to the Viper....then I tell them about my first car and they feel like a King!!

My 1st car was destroyed when I got hit from behind and slammed into a tow truck ahead of me. I was almost 21 and the driver behind me claimed to the officer that I had first hit the tow truck, then "bounced" backwards into him when he was stopped behind me. The cop told me this after he let the guy who hit me start to write down his account of the accident, and just before he signed at the bottom, the officer told him, if you sign that, I'm charging you with obstructing the investigation of a Police Officer. The guy quickly admitted that he hit me and that the impact made me hit the tow truck in front of me. The cop explained to the guy who hit me, that since cars are made out of metal, they don't bounce and that was how he knew the guy was lying. I just laughed when the officer explained this whole story to me.

Regards,
Aaron

My car was silver, this one is white.

http://gallery.viperclub.org/uploads/25968/86_Cavalier.jpg

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First car was a 1980 VW Rabbit. My dad picked it up for $100 with a blown engine. We found an '84 16 valve Golf engine and put that big boy in the Rabbit along with converting it to a stick from auto. I ended up totaling it a year or so later. You can imagine how excited I was when I heard VW was bringing the Rabbit back :crazy2:

pugads651

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my first car when i was 17 was a 1987 buick grand national i bought it for 2k from a old lady whos husband had passed away recentley. i drove for about 3 months before it was stolen out of the high school parking lot i got it back a day later with broken ignition switch and no radio and continued driving it for another 2 months till it was stolen again for the 2nd time and again they stole my radio and my speakers out the doors. i got the car back 3 days later and i continued driving it for another month or so till all of a sudden it developed engine knock which resulted in spun bearing so i just parked it. i loved the car so much i still have today heres a couple pics.

and that brown stuff you see under the car is oil it has a slow oil pan leak im planinig on getting the car rebuilt sometime next summer.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is some first car!!! Sounds like your high school is full of miscreants....you shoulda left your car there with a rattlesnake in it....that'd fix em!

Regards,
Aaron

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$275- 1968 Cadillac Sedan Deville in 1984. I was 20 and drove it for 3 yr.
472 with 6-way power seats and seek and scan AM radio.:headbang: :lmao:

pugads651

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's some "slow oil leak". I'd hate to see a bad oil leak.

lol its been sitting there since 2003.

That is some first car!!! Sounds like your high school is full of miscreants....you shoulda left your car there with a rattlesnake in it....that'd fix em!

Regards,
Aaron

im just happy i got it back and they didnt strip it and take 3.8 turbo which is what they ussualy do when they steal these cars.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first car was an '03 Tiburon(I'm younger than most of ya).

I still have her. It's my daily driver and still love it.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first car was a 1970 Opel GT. It was messed up from the cops hiting it to run it off the road in a San Francisco Bank Robbery.
I picked it up at a Police autcion for 800.00. but sold it with many hours of work 3years later for 3,000.00. I wish i had the car now.:(

[/IMG]

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my actual car. I'm sure mine has long since been turned into beer cans. Multiple times over.

1973 Ford Pinto. Mine had the small trunk like this one along with the BIG engine-2.0 liter/Automatic trans. Bought it at an auction for $375 and almost made it all the way home that night!:rolleyes:

Actually, it wasn't too bad of a car for the time I owned it - Basic maintenance is about it. Bought it at 117,000 miles, and sold it at 131,000. Damn car would do 95mph, downhill, with a tailwind - That's IT!:omg:

Now my 2nd car - a 1980 Mercury Capri 2.3 Turbo (with a Carb!!) - Complete POS!! I popped a piston on that about an hour after I bought it.:( Rebuilt the engine, then basically just repaired/replaced parts for the next year. Everytime I turned around something was wrong.:dunno: Bought it for $3,000 and put another $3,000 into it over the next year. Then I sold it, and it was still a POS the day it drove away.

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would you believe a 1959 Edsel Ranger with a 6 cylinder and 3 on the column?

Below is not the actual car but it's close.

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

55 Chevy....283/301, 3 on the tree with overdrive....paid $600. for it in 1967....it was a perfect car...would run 70 in first, 105 in 2nd and wrapped the speedo all the way around in 3rd...never beat on the street or strip...bought it off an older man who bought it new, used it as a street car for years, then raced it for several years, then returned it to stock (except the drive train)....it had fenderskirts, white walls and hubcaps when I bought it....

...soon tired of the 55 and bought a new 68 GTO conv. dark green/blk 400 4spd, then a 69 Chevelle conv, 396/375, triple black, 4spd

pugads651

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first car was a 1970 Opel GT. It was messed up from the cops hiting it to run it off the road in a San Francisco Bank Robbery.
I picked it up at a Police autcion for 800.00. but sold it with many hours of work 3years later for 3,000.00. I wish i had the car now.:(

[/IMG]

thats a cool looking car reminds me of the old 240z's.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you believe a 1959 Edsel Ranger with a 6 cylinder and 3 on the column?

Below is not the actual car but it's close.

Hey Howard,

Neat car and definitely a historical one too....did you get a great deal on the Edsel when you bought it?

Regards,
Aaron