Your thoughts- VOI 10 a go or not?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has not even been a hint for VOI 10 yet and it would be due next year. What do you think the chances are of DC actually putting this together? Please dont give an opinion of where but WILL there be one? One idea is for all of us to email DC (if someone could post their address) to show our desire and unity for VOI 10. Thanks.:dunno:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the way DC is financially right now, they arent even thinking about VOI10. But if things change, maybe they quickly sell out every 08 Viper, they might re-consider a VOI again. I think they are better off finding central locations. There are more Viper owners in California, then any other state, yet its not fair to put always on West coast. Yet I doubt most CA owners that went to VOI9, will travel out to East coast for next one.
I had alot of fun at VOI9. Mainly because I got to drive my car with 60-70 other Vipers on a 6 hour drive from CA to Vegas. Then I got to drive my car daily and use it in events.

I probably wont go if its too far to drive and im sure many stayed home from Vegas because it was too far to go or drive. I heard they were thinking of doing more Zone stuff so everyone can drive a reasonable distance and have their own car vs. doing one big event that many dont attend because its not close to home.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think about how much $ it cost to put it on and then think about the best to have one without spending a bunch of $.

That would be my guess on where it will be. And it will not be the 1st time there has been one there.... if that helps.

Man_Car

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but the west already gets the good shows and meets. We don't get anything over here... :( The Zone idea would be great however it would have to be pretty good to draw in big turn outs. :eater:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to someone from that works at the headquarters. He said he don't think that they wouldn't go to far,If they have it.And if they have one it would probably be in Detroit. He also said that if you had gone to the VOI #9 or other ones . Best thing for us to do is to write a letter and let them know how much fun you had at the event. Dodge spent MILLIONS of dollars over and above the price of the tickets we paid. He also mentioned that there are some people at the headquartes that wouldn't mind saying good bye to the VOI. Too much cost not enough returns, but the only way to keep it going forward was to let HQ know you would like to have an other VOI. I went to VOI 9 and had the best time of my life. Besides getting married ( my wife just walked in the room).

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it's in the east, maybe Watkins Glen ????
I doubt that! I live 50 miles from Watkins Glen and there is nothing in the line of big hotels close by to accomodate the amount of people that would attend. I checked into Pocono for the VCA one time and there is nothing big enough there either. VCA headquarters does not want to break people up in several different hotels. It involves more than just lodging. They have to consider the banquets, transportation, etc.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There has not even been a hint for VOI 10 yet and it would be due next year. What do you think the chances are of DC actually putting this together? Please dont give an opinion of where but WILL there be one? One idea is for all of us to email DC (if someone could post their address) to show our desire and unity for VOI 10. Thanks.:dunno:
You are getting more opinions of WHERE it should be held than IF it will be held.:rolleyes: I asked someone at the VCA Hqtrs. a few days ago and she said it was much too early to know. She said it would be sometime after the first of the year before a decision is made.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are getting more opinions of WHERE it should be held than IF it will be held.:rolleyes: I asked someone at the VCA Hqtrs. a few days ago and she said it was much too early to know. She said it would be sometime after the first of the year before a decision is made.

I would think that a decision has already been made, with the amount of time it takes to put one together, I don't think waiting until after the first of the year would be possible. I would love to see it in the east, but I am thinking Detroit or Chicago.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, I inquired with headquarters this week about when and where the President's meeting will be in January. (I need to know prior to planning something else that is going on about the same time.) They don't even know that yet.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that a decision has already been made, with the amount of time it takes to put one together, I don't think waiting until after the first of the year would be possible. I would love to see it in the east, but I am thinking Detroit or Chicago.

Detroit or Chicago would not be that bad.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, I inquired with headquarters this week about when and where the President's meeting will be in January. (I need to know prior to planning something else that is going on about the same time.) They don't even know that yet.
Amazing!! But I bet they can tell you where a dealer is to go order a new Viper.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indianapolis is a central great place. The track is world class !
But the problem is to setup a financially viable event.

The VIO should be organized by persons who do for the fun and for the VCA and not for making money. Many roles could be filled by local VCA members.

What I don't get is how comes that a VIO cost 4 million dollars.

Here is my budget for a 4 days event for 500 vipers. $1500 per Vipers.

- Track rental cost $200000
- Local Instructors $50 000
- First Class cocktails and food $200 000
- First Class Memorabilia $100 000
- Monney left for unplanned costs: 200 000$

And lets talk about sponsorship.
At our Calabogie event we managed to raise goods in sponsorship for over $20000 from different companies !!

Sponsorship is very important. The VIO need to go beyond the VCA to attract potential customers to Dodge. Thus Dodge will be more willing finance some extra actvities. Lets invite people to watch the event from the paddock !! That could be something spectacular.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper