youtube ACRX-Track Headers Start up =BBG=

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the ACRX-Track Headers with Stock Mufflers. I had just completed installation & afterwards took a test drive. The Snake felt refined, the engine smoothed out & drone was greatly reduced.

After a 35 mile warm up the Snake was pulling like a freight train past 140 mph shorlty after the 1/4 mile mark out here on our back roads of Sacramento, Ca.

BBG is starting a pre-order program for those of you who want your set installed at the VOI 11. Check out our VOI 11 Thread " Archer Racing & BAD BOYZZ GARAGE at VOI 11 " for more information or just call me!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
[email protected]
916-505-9026

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

YouTube - =BBG= ACRX-Track Headers.MOV

Stay tuned for more to come!

Attachments

• 09' ACRX-Track JET-HOT BBG BLACK.jpg
    09' ACRX-Track JET-HOT BBG BLACK.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY!!! That's my car!! :D

OK, here are my first impressions after putting close to 200 miles on the car since last week.

-I didn't expect this, but the car has less felt motor vibration from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm when blipping the throttle. I can't explain it, but the motor feels very smooth. I guess the sound can be described as "refined".

-One of the things I don't like about the Gen 4 Coupe is the drone the stock system has at around 65mph to 70 mph. I normally drive in fifth gear on the highway. With the headers, drone at 65 mph was about the same, but at 70 mph it was almost quiet (drone and exhaust noise). I'm hoping when I put in my 3.55's that the higher cruising rpm will minimize the drone altogether at highway speeds. In the Gen 4 convertibles I've been in, there seems to be a lot less drone on the stock exhaust...I think the coupe amplifies the drone. Surprisingly, I'd have to say the ACRX headers made less drone than the stock system.

-When you're on it, you can hear that it's louder, but I was honestly expecting it to me more raucous. I've got other vehicles with headers and was just expecting more "sounds"...not always good sounds but just more mechanical noise. With these ACRX track headers, if you didn't know there were installed, you'd never know it just putting around. When you get on it, it does sound sweet though. Guys at my shop all commented that it sounds so much better when the motor gets on the pipe.

-Power is definately felt, hard second gear acceleration runs break the tires loose more than stock. Can't wait to get to the drag strip to check trap speeds.

-Thankfully, no check engine lights. I'm going to get my Mopar computer installed in the next week or so anyways. Can't wait to get rid of the stupid skip shift. Also the extra rpm range will be welcomed.

-I took my mother in law to Infineon Saturday for the Historics in the Viper, first time she ever rode in it. She is 79 years old and was expecting a very rough and loud ride. She commented on how nice the car sounded and that the ride was actually comfortable. Getting her in and out of the car was another matter :)

-I may consider the Corsa Track muffler if I feel this sound is too refined...but for now, I'm very happy with the sound results.

-I had Bad Boyzz do the install. I did upgrade to the Bad Boyzz ARP bolt option for all the fastners per Toddys recommendation....I would highly recommend it. The quality of the ARP stuff is amazing. Toddy did not have to remove the valve covers to remove the stock exhaust or install the headers. To protect all the surfaces, he used blue painters tape, in some place multiple layers. This also included taping off the door edges, side sills, etc. Other than jacking up the motor, there were no install dramas. His quality control and attention to detail is top notch and I appreciated it.

I'll give more impressions as I put more miles on the car this week in the SRT-10 forum.

Cheers,
George

Last edited:

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me know if you start getting any codes. I'm interested in these headers, but i'm not too keen on replacing the pcm.
Thanks!

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far all is good! We are running 200 cell high flow metal cats of the highest quality.

hightest, please shoot me an email at:
[email protected]
and I will keep you in the loop.

I am currently selling units for brand new ACR's rolling off the assembly line. On these ACR's we are running JETHOT 1700 degree coatings ( including turnouts & cats ), along with our BBG ARP bolt upgrade, running through stock mopar mufflers. These new ACR owners want only the best on their Vipers when they take delivery at dealership. Talk about your sleeper!

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Thanks for your consideration,
Toddy

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a little over 300 miles since the install and no codes or check engine lights, so I don't think that will be an issue.
Drove the car today to make a delivery for work that involved some nice backroads.

Car actually feels like it's pulling stronger...do you think the stock pcm learns to re-calibrate for the higher flow of the headers (plus the battery was disconnected for the header install)???

Cheers,
George

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of power did you gain (before/after)? I was actually doing a search on the ACR-X headers and found this thread, as I'm considering this mod. Not sure if I want cats, but I guess it would automatically throw the CEL if I didn't, and I don't want to add the PCM right now either.