Zaino applied with orbital buffer, removed by hand? Any comments?

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been thinking of using my porter-cable to apply Zaino, and remove by hand. Has anyone tried this? I know Sal doesn't recommend because of extra wax required. Not so concerned about extra wax, just results. Comments?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know about Zaino. But that stuff is going to get everywhere. The buffer will throw it all over the glass, etc. If you run the pad dry at all, it will burn through the clear coat pretty fast (heat, friction). Much more control applying by hand.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Zaino guys will tell you that it's NOT a wax and advise against using an orbital buffer. This stuff goes on/off so easily it's not really necessary anyway. I've used buffers on my other cars with Meguires polishes but now I use only Zaino...I'm very happy with the results...no mechanical buffers.

Good luck.

Paul

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're going to use the orbital I would use Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover which is a cleaner & polisher at a setting of 3 or 4 & then the Meguiar's Gold Class wax. You'll be very safe at that. It's pretty hard to "burn" the paint with an orbital buffer. At the Nashville VOI the Meguiar's tech held a "rotary buffer" on a spot for 25 seconds & it didn't burn thru the clear coat. Best results are always with a machine. The hand can't possibly do as great a job. Good luck!