Zaino Question

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y'all have convinced me of the merits of the Zaino line. Now, the question about which product is best for an often-driven 98 GTS wearing red.

Z-2 for clearcoat?

Z-3 for regular paint?

Z-5 for swirl marks?

With no other info, I'd be inclined to use the Z-5 but Zaino users probably have some thoughts on this. Advice?

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the car kit with z-2, z5, z6 and z7 with the clay bars and the little droplets for the show car look. I love it. Makes my green viper look awesome!!!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z-2 and the ZFX accelerator along with Z-6 spray. I found that Z-5 is a waste of money, it is suppose to be a swirl mark remover but it dosen't work well at all. I used an entire bottle of Z-5 and it was not satisfactory, don't waste your money on it. Several others have also commented on Z-5 being useless.

I ended up buying a DeWalt buffer and 3M scratch remover and now the finish looks like glass. Z-5 won't do it. :2tu:

Buy two bottles of Z-6 you'll run out of it first when you see how well it works on EVERY thing.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks folks. Saved me the disappointment of expecting too much froim the Z-5!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z-5 Smells good and comes in a nice black bottle... Other than that it does just about nothing. 3M removed all minor swirlmarks and larger scratches.

Whatever you buy, get 4x the Z-6. I go thru about 4-5 bottles of Z-6 in summer. I never wash my car. I have owned it almost 3 years and it was washed once with Dawn and Zainoed. That was in 2001.
After that the California Duster and more Zaino has done the work!
Very happy, even if it is a lot of work.(initially, keeping up is no problem)
My 3M buffing took about 2 weeks, part time of course. I spent about 4 hours or more per bodypanel. Slow buffer and no cut thru. After that initial dosage was 5 coats of Z-2 with wiping Z-6 every 24 hour intervals.
Sounds like nuts, even my neighbour thought I was crazy. Then again, he drives a Honda, so what does he now.. After the buffing I could take the car under the neon and street lights and NO swirlmarks whatsoever. It was unbelievable.
This winter I will wash my car again and redo the buffing. Maybe even new 5 coats of Zaino!

Lauri

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z5 is OK.Supposed to fill in swirl marks.Put it on and let it set for a couple of days before removing.Takes a lot of coats.I Guess if you are good with a high speed polisher or know someone that is and won't ruin the clear coat there might be no reason to use it. Bruce