zero to 60 times for any '08s?

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used my Gtech today and on my first try, ever, it ran 3.96 with a pretty poor launch. What are you guys running? It was about 55 degrees at 250 ft elevation in humid Louisiana. I still haven't blasted thru a full quarter mile yet-too much traffic, cold road surfaces and/or rain.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if this helps car and driver got 3.5 and motor trend got 3.7, keep us posted on what you get!

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats a great time...I will be installing a full Belanger ceramic header-exhaust system on my 08 next week and was hoping to get under 4sec @ 3600elev here in Amarillo.

Lance

07 Tahoe 4x4
03 QC Hemi Ram

Last edited:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance

You should be able to get under 3 seconds in Amarillo if u just remember to use the wind as a tail wind not a head wind....btw who is doing u're header install?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a great time...I will be installing a full Belanger ceramic header-exhaust system on my 08 next week and was hoping to get under 4sec @ 3600elev here in Amarillo.

Lance
Hi Lance:

(Sorry for the temp hijack) Thats the setup that I'm considering (only from my desk since I haven't taken delivery on the '08 yet). How loud s the '08 exhaust relative to older models with out the Bel headers?

JBsZ06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a suggestion that you may already know..

but here goes..

Just take off like you were trying to go as quickly as possible without spinning the tires..

Dramatic spin of the tires...is exciting but usually the slow way to go....

A good buddy of mine suggested I try and take off as if I were trying to go as fast as I could with a cop watching across the street...

Quick chirp and go.

Still anytime your in the threes your doing great!

Enjoy the car

JB

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great time.:2tu:
My best on the street is a 4.08 sec with a 97 GTS,hard not to break the tires loose first and second. :drive:
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Warfang, work, weather and other things have gotten in the way, but I'll try to improve on it tomorrow. I'm sure there's better time in the car, if I can just squeeze it out of it. This new monster is a lot quicker and easier to make GO than my hotted up '05 with Bellanger full exhausts. I haven't mastered this car like I had the '05 and the older ones before it. BUT, I'm working on it. :)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang, work, weather and other things have gotten in the way, but I'll try to improve on it tomorrow. I'm sure there's better time in the car, if I can just squeeze it out of it. This new monster is a lot quicker and easier to make GO than my hotted up '05 with Bellanger full exhausts. I haven't mastered this car like I had the '05 and the older ones before it. BUT, I'm working on it. :)

Always eager to hear of better times, but I was referring to Wanted's under 11 sec. qtr mile attempt in an 08. Good luck to the both of you! :2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's cold and wet, and my tires are fully inflated. Either it spins on the low end, or spins at high rpm's. When I get a really good launch the incredible torque monster starts the rear tires spinning around 4,500 rpm's and keeps spinning until I let off. It's dry here, but about 52-65 degrees F. My best time today was 3.83, with several other runs in the 3.8s or 3.9s, but definitely not the best it will do with some traction. Maybe I'll mount my Kumho's and give her a retry. But either this motor is too much for the stock tires, or the stock tires just don't have enough moxy to hang with the torque monster. Either way, the same result: spin it high or spin it low. I can't seem to get traction at both ends-low and high. Maybe in warmer weather she'll get there quicker when she's not quite as stout.

Last edited:

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's cold and wet, and my tires are fully inflated. Either it spins on the low end, or spins at high rpm's. When I get a really good launch the incredible torque monster starts the rear tires spinning around 4,500 rpm's and keeps spinning until I let off. It's dry here, but about 52-65 degrees F. My best time today was 3.83, with several other runs in the 3.8s or 3.9s, but definitely not the best it will do with some traction. Maybe I'll mount my Kumho's and give her a retry. But either this motor is too much for the stock tires, or the stock tires just don't have enough moxy to hang with the torque monster. Either way, the same result: spin it high or spin it low. I can't seem to get traction at both ends-low and high. Maybe in warmer weather she'll get their quicker when she's not quite as stout.

What a great problem to have:headbang:

Performance Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm not fair I know but just with a chip it brings the Touareg V10 to 700 plus TQ and over 400 Horse. But at over 5,000 pounds I'm not sure if it will stop even with the Brembos that come on it stock.:omg:
That is indeed a great looking Jeep!
I do get a solid 25 MPG. If I drive it like a whimp I can squeeze 28 to 29 out of it. Rather amazing Engine.
I guarantee you cant do this...
Touareg Pulls Jumbo Jet - Motorsports - SPIKE Powered By IFILM

Last edited:

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my 06', my friend and I got this (as accurately as we possibly could):

1st= 58 MPH (+ or -1)
2nd= 87 MPH (+ or -1)
3rd= 116 MPH (+ or -1)
4th= 145 MPH (+ or -1)

Sound right? We were trying to be as accurate as possible, not all that easy. Most sure of 4th gear MPH, then next most sure of 1st gear. Least sure of was 3rd gear.

Last edited:

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lance

You should be able to get under 3 seconds in Amarillo if u just remember to use the wind as a tail wind not a head wind....btw who is doing u're header install?

I installed them myself... with George Farris's help. They sound great! Very little drone at highway speeds, idle is slightly louder than stock. Quite loud when you get on it:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang