ZO6 kill

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother-in-law and I were out for a drive today in my newly boosted car and stopped in a little town to fill up and low and behold, a 427 ZO6 pulls up next to me! This guy was cool too. Came over and us and checked out my car, I did the same to his car. Talked a bit and decided to run em' on a new highway. He didn't want to go from a dig(neither did I) so we did 3 runs, 40, 50 and 60mph rolls. I also told him that I am shutting it down at 120mph and I only go when NO other cars are around. He agreed. Off we go and man what a blast, I was finally up against the newest edition Vette, and the fastest. But it really was no contest, Duane 3.........ZO6 0. It hung with me pretty good but was in my mirror the whole time and getting smaller! We stopped at choke n' puke to eat lunch and I said how inpressed I was with his car. I told him that I had to put a blower on so I could beat up on the new Vettes and he laughed.
We exchanged #'s and are planning on another run in 2 weeks and I told him that this time my brother-in-law will film it. Once we get it on film, I will need somebody to edit it or whatever needs to be done to add music. So if you do that sort of stuff, let me know.

joshwars

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sure hope a Paxton charged Viper, regardless of Generation, would beat a new Z06.

How many lengths did you put on him at the various speeds?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had to beat him pretty bad with an extra 200HP or so. I don't know who would want to have that same race and get it on tape, Ha, stupid vette drivers. :bonker:

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Post the vid of the next race. I hope for the rest of us the race was not too close. ;)

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It kind of surprised me that he wanted to run our cars again and he was alright with us filming it. I talked to him a little while ago and we are just going to go cruising around and see what happens!
I will not be coming to the meeting Scotty, I am taking my KR back to northern Wis. We are loading it Weds. night and then leaving. One of these times I will make it, I will give you a call soon.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had to beat him pretty bad with an extra 200HP or so. I don't know who would want to have that same race and get it on tape, Ha, stupid vette drivers. :bonker:

Maybe he's throwing on a bottle for round 2?? :confused:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but then again, maybe IEATVETS is gonna spray too.........

um like yeah...

I was merely just saying why someone who got smoked would want a re-match. I'd be thinking the guy is up to something.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what HE posted on the Z06 boards?

LOL!

nothing so far that I have seen-I am a mod on one and on the other one daily

he sounds like a true car guy, kewl

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duane,

Good kill.

What did you dyno with the S/C? I hope to get mine back sometime this century and wonder how I'll do with an all-motor run. I don't know what I'll make but the old naturally aspirated RWTQ was 560. It'll probably be 530-540 RWHP but won't know till the machine does its report.

Care to share?

Bob

:headbang:

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice kill, I would have done the same in my C6Z as well. I drove my Z down with the Gateway Region (my GEN II is still in the shop getting some mods) this past weekend and it was a total blast.

Didn't really do any racing besides a roll on the highway against a 1000hp GEN II which was obviously no contest at all. Only caught a bit of crap from my Viper brothers...hehe!

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are still in the tuning stages Bob. Am running way to rich and that is what will be addressed next. Once the fuel issue is resolved, I am driving it to Chicago to have it dynoed down there. The dyno here in town is kind of cheesy, you roll it wherever you want, strap a car on and go! It pulled 525/605. We wil get another 25-30 once the car is running leaner. Headers and Greg Good heads are next on my way to 600!
I was wondering if he was putting spray in as well I am not, so we shall see.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth