ZO6 versus Supercharged Viper? HELP!

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does he even know what kind of numbers your putting down? That might change his mind......go slaughter him with the Viper :cool:
Nope :) In fact he told my friend I can't be making more than 150 more horsepower with a supercharger on a stock motor. That's what makes me laugh.
-Lou
I say give him a ride, and then after he's able to regain his breathe again, ask him if he still wants to run. That way his excuse won't be "I got a bad launch. missed a gear" etc if he lost, instead it'll be more along the lines of " :eek: " basically being speechless and won't talk smack anymore.

Do you know if he's actually running a 200 shot, for some reason I'm seriously doubting it, unless he's running a 2 stage system, and even then, he better be running race fuel/higher octane mixed in or else that LS6 will go bye bye.

EDIT - also, show him this thread and some links to tuners like Doug Levin and see what kinda smack he talks after he see's what a Viper can gain from just supercharging....it's a hell of a lot more then 150 hp. I'd love for him to see this thread and put his input in lol.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as others have said. If you are spinning you ain't going nowhere. Get a good set of tires and he is toast.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll add one more vote on you getting a set of BFGs for the run.

It is VERY common for Corvettes and supercharged Mustangs to be running drag radials like ET Streets. The Z06s are relatively light, and launch well, especially with DRs.

In fact he could have been relatively stock, with mild mods like an intake and such and beaten you if you spun you tires.
All the power in the world doesn't matter if you can't put it to the ground, so get the drag radials to even things up traction-wise.

The most common jetting that I've seen for C5 Corvettes are 100/125HP shots. You can reliably run a 100HP shot of N2O with no modifications to the fuel system or timing, and that alone can make them as quick as a stock Viper. Running a 150HP shot or more without fuel and timing adjustments will likely lead to a melt down very soon, so most installations are around 100HP.

But don't let the "low" HP numbers fool you because if he adds drag radials and inexpensive mods to his Z06 then he can easily run mid-11s on the street with an average to good driver. But if he is not a good driver AND on stock tires, the N2O could make him spin badly though (slower than before).

Unless he was sandbagging last time (which I doubt) you already have much more HP than you need to be quicker than the Z06, even if he has a 150HP shot. But you getting a good launch (read drag radials) will make or break the race.

-Dean.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
736rwhp :eek: and worried bout Vette with NAWS?....Id worry more about getting the power down like these guys are saying....As was said already Kumho/BFG and you should win...Vettes are dangerous out the hole so traction is your biggest enemy.......Do 1 from a dig and 1 from a roll a la Supra.....He may need a session or two with Dr. Phil after the one from a roll :D

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I take him but I'm wondering how fast his car really is? Assuming it's a stock Z06 with nitrous and I know it's NOT. He could have a stroker motor and other mods and I know for certain he's got spray. What would be the worse case scenario here? My car is FAST but I need to work on tires and maybe suspension. Does anyone know if they make Kumo's in 18"?

Thanks for all your help!
-Lou

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope, not yet.. they keep saying they are coming out (Kumho 18's)
Thanks Gerald that's what I thought. I'm going to look into the BFG's.

-Lou

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lou,

Unless you are betting money on this race, I wouldn't sweat this at all as long as you get the drag radials.

Any car can be made faster with enough money thrown in, and he could have an 800HP 427 twin turbo Lingenfelter motor under the hood with a 100HP shot of nitrous for good measure (check the back of his car for wheelie-bars and a parachute!). But it's most likely that he has simple, bolt-on intake and exhaust mods on the car, drag radials, and then nitrous.

If he had some beefy stroker motor with headers, and a bunch of heavy mods then he would have walked away from you very quickly before. But you said that he just got the jump on you off the line, and you couldn't quite make it up, which sounds more like plain bolt-on mods and DRs to me. Adding a medium shot of nitrous to that setup won't get anywhere close to the power your DLM beast is putting out, and you will likely have NO problem beating him IF you can put your power to the pavement.

-Dean.

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares? The guy has a Z06 -- last year I went to the doctor's office and there was a ZO6 parked in front and I asked "Hey, who's Vet?"

The nurse said it was "the receptionist over in x-ray" -- FN receptionist? Thats when I knew I had to get rid of my Corvette. . . they are as common as Mustang GT (Oh boy!)

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fishtail with the power you have you are either a very bad driver or have no confidence. Your car should smoke him badly and that's a fact your are the only liability. Get your shilt together and go hand him his A$$.

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fishtail with the power you have you are either a very bad driver or have no confidence. Your car should smoke him badly and that's a fact your are the only liability. Get your shilt together and go hand him his A$$.
:cool: ha ha ha.... I agree I have enough power to obliterate him. Just need to get the right tires to do the job.

-Lou

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow sounds like he really got into your mind. i can't think of much that can beat a car with 735 rwhp, much less a near stock z06. My car made 343 at the wheels, that is less than 1/2 the power you have? Dude that is insane.

Tim

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
too damnn long a thread to read. did he whup you on the street or on a track? i suggest take a breath, gather your calm, then invite him to take it to a 1/4 mile track, then take it to a roadcourse; whup him in both. if you still lose, then calmly approach him, smile and biitchslap him for talkin soo much smack and being disrespectful, noone likes a sore loser but cocky winners are even worse, LOL

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
too damnn long a thread to read. did he whup you on the street or on a track? i suggest take a breath, gather your calm, then invite him to take it to a 1/4 mile track, then take it to a roadcourse; whup him in both. if you still lose, then calmly approach him, smile and biitchslap him for talkin soo much smack and being disrespectful, noone likes a sore loser but cocky winners are even worse, LOL

Hahaha....I'll beat him soon enough........ every dog has his day and his will come!

He'll just have to wait until I get my sticky tires :) :)

-Lou

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hahaha....I'll beat him soon enough........ every dog has his day and his will come!

He'll just have to wait until I get my sticky tires :) :)

-Lou
Can I come out there and whoop his ass for you on street tires pleaaaaaaaaaaase :D

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, let the poor unfortunate non-Viper-owning soul drive for you. I won't promise I'll win, but I'll promise you I'll have fun. :D

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, let the poor unfortunate non-Viper-owning soul drive for you. I won't promise I'll win, but I'll promise you I'll have fun. :D
lmao very funny, but I think he wants to win this race lol :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave