ZR1 vs Gen V Burnout Test

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makara, that Corvette video was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. If that was me, I'd broke the guys camera on the spot.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the Gen 5 still has that WHEEL HOP like the older Vipers.Hated that on my last 3 Vipers.See that shifter shaking and tires bouncing..Bad thing that should be repaired.No Hop on ZR1 I had,half shafts are different sizes,which stops wheel hop from the dig.

Hope the Gen.5 wins something soon against the old ZR1...

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the Gen 5 still has that WHEEL HOP like the older Vipers.Hated that on my last 3 Vipers.See that shifter shaking and tires bouncing..Bad thing that should be repaired.No Hop on ZR1 I had,half shafts are different sizes,which stops wheel hop from the dig.

Hope the Gen.5 wins something soon against the old ZR1...

Can you go into detail on the half shafts being different sizes? I hate wheel hop....love to find a way to stop it.

Cheers,
George

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes ,the half shafts are different sizes(thickness).This stops the wheel hop.The newer ZR1s and CTSVs all have this.Had a ZR1 and Gen 4 Viper at same time and the Viper would wheel hop so bad it felt like it was destroying the car.I HATED it.No wheel hop at all in the ZR1.One of the reasons sold the Viper and went with the AWD PDK 911 Turbo S.I was hoping they would have fixed the wheel hop issue with the Gen 5.I was going to get one of the first Gen.5s,but SRT has alot of issues the need to address first before I spend a 150 K on a Viper.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes ,the half shafts are different sizes(thickness).This stops the wheel hop.The newer ZR1s and CTSVs all have this.Had a ZR1 and Gen 4 Viper at same time and the Viper would wheel hop so bad it felt like it was destroying the car.I HATED it.No wheel hop at all in the ZR1.One of the reasons sold the Viper and went with the AWD PDK 911 Turbo S.I was hoping they would have fixed the wheel hop issue with the Gen 5.I was going to get one of the first Gen.5s,but SRT has alot of issues the need to address first before I spend a 150 K on a Viper.

Thanks for the explanation. I was not aware that was even a way to limit or stop wheel hop. I'm working on some other things with the suspension right now, but the half shaft remedy would be a great addition if it could work on the Viper platform.

Cheers,
George

sonofadragracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This test is absolutely the dumbest automotive test conceived. What's next, the ZR1 VS. Gen V Viper WAX Test?!:lmao:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. I was not aware that was even a way to limit or stop wheel hop. I'm working on some other things with the suspension right now, but the half shaft remedy would be a great addition if it could work on the Viper platform.

Cheers,
George

The upgraded engine and trans mounts from Woodhouse did a great job at reducing wheel hop on my GEN IV. Dont know if they will have some for the GEN V, if so I'll get a set for sure

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they should even up the playing field and slap a supercharger on the viper like the vette has. then see whos king. I dont think any other cars produce the power of the viper naturally.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth