ZYMOL vs ZAINO

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have been listening, reading, and doing my homework on "ZAINO" and the current rage on its superiority. I am still not convinced. I have seen its finished product vs Zymol and I(with my 20/20 vision and artists outlook) cannot see a difference. All i am looking ofr is that "ultimate wet shine" for the ultimate machine, yet Zymol appears just as good. any input?

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never used Zymol, but have used Zaino on the Viper for about 3 years now and have been very impressed with the results!! I get so many positive comments, people think it's a new Viper!!.....Kurt

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Someone did an extensive TEST with reflective "Wax Dyno" data. Please SEARCH KEY the words Zaino and Wax Dyno and you should find it

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I looked up that thread.

No personal experience but what it seems like is YES products other than Zaino work very well for shine. BUT long term and after washing the answer SEEMS to be no

Here is the test they did.

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

Final results

First Place Zaino Z-2 Show Car Polish
Second Place Zymol Natural Liquid Auto Polish (maybe made by Turtle wax)
Third Place Zymol NSX Glaze
Fourth Place Meguiar's Gold Class, Liquid Clear Coat Car Wax

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Zymol man. I don't know how anyone can say Zaino is easier to use...If you follow the instructions, Zaino takes 6 working days to complete with all the drying time and multiple coats. To heck with that!

If you follow the Zymol directions (I am sure most that don't like it don't) than you wipe the stuff off before it even dries and becomes hard. No way can you beat the speed and effort factor of Zymol with Zaino (which I have used on multiple occasions, for the record).

There is a trick to get the ease of use and even shine of Zymol that I am positive that those who don't like it didn't do:

After applying the polish over an area, wipe just the bulk of it off and don't try to hand polish it perfectly at that time. Do the rest of the car. When all done, wet one clean towel pretty well and wipe the car down with the wet towel so that it leaves little beads of water. Then dry the car with the other towel. This is an incredibly easy step.

Wa la, a car that looks like edible liquid candy!

And you saved money, didn't join a cult, saved 5 63/64 days, and have a car as shiny as the exhausted Zaino guy next door.

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt M, PA:
I have used just about every polish known and have found Zaino to be the best by far. There is a new accelerator that takes the waiting time out. I tried Zymol a number of years ago and found it to last no time at all in the sun..and offered little in the way of protection. But hey...use what you like. Oh, and Viperdoctor...it's "viola"...not wala.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forgot that that's the normal fallback argument for the Zaino camp....Well, the test results by the Acura guys show that it's not really true that Zaino looks better for longer. And in reality, the way we drive and take care of our cars, length of time that the shine last doesn't really apply.

And who parks their Viper outside day and night and leaves tree crap all over it for months at a time...This is definitely not about protection...Maybe the ****** that sleeps outside would be better off with Zaino, but who wants to do the Zaino routine for that car...

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw different versions of Zymol at the store, which one is best? I would like to do a back to back on half my red trunk to compare.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical Zaino user response? Whatever. All I know is that I have used just about every polish in my years restoring and showing cars...and Zaino has been the hands-down best. Period. Zaino is also not hard at all too apply. My Viper leads a charmed life in a heated garage, but I want the best protection against bugs, birds and other things it may encounter on the road. I use Zaino on all my cars. I also have found that Sal Zaino is very helpful with questions, too. He knows polishes and paint from a bodyman's background. As far as protection with Zymol? About as much protection as Pledge. Oh yeah...and Pledge will make your car shiny too. But as I said before, use what you like.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always used Zymol until everyone on this board swore by Zaino. Zymol's a lot easier to get though.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used both and everyone's missing the important determining factor...
Zaino SMELLS MUCH better!
smile.gif
<FONT size="1">(beautiful high)</FONT s>

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rule is use what you like.

I used zaino years ago and about a year ago again. The shine is just as good as the zymol. However i found that the zaino does not last long. must be because i live by the ocean??

As far as the smell, i must be allergic to zaino, because on every occasion the chemical smell gave me a headache or as City Snake put it a beautiful high.
laugh.gif

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shifter:
I saw different versions of Zymol at the store, which one is best? I would like to do a back to back on half my red trunk to compare.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely use the liquid polish in the tall bottle. There is a cleaner/wax that did not give me the same results as the polish. The funny part is that the cleaner/wax is much more common on the shelves around here...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt M, PA:

Oh, and Viperdoctor...it's "viola"...not wala.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay Matt, I can't resist: It is "voilà" and not "viola". The latter is a musical instrument of the violin family that is intermediate in size and compass between the violin and cello and is tuned a fifth below the violin.

Viperdoctor, it has been my pleasure.
laugh.gif

Chris

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing any of us bought a Viper without Zaino on it!Driving your viper is genius,Zainoing your viper makes Sal happy with lap dances at Scores!
laugh.gif

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used just about every polish known and have found Zaino to be the best by far. There is a new accelerator that takes the waiting time out. I tried Zymol a number of years ago and found it to last no time at all in the sun..and offered little in the way of protection. But hey...use what you like. Oh, and Viperdoctor...it's "viola"...not wala.

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:
Okay Matt, I can't resist: It is "voilà" and not "viola". The latter is a musical instrument of the violin family that is intermediate in size and compass between the violin and cello and is tuned a fifth below the violin.

Viperdoctor, it has been my pleasure.
laugh.gif

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris, good form, dude!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chris...typo.

I can't believe the furious list on this thread over polish. I also took a bit of exception to the "normal fallback arguement" comment, as though Zaino users were brainwashed or too stupid to know what works for them. I even had a Porsche owner ask me in a parking lot how I got the shine on my 2000 Maxima SE. I merely added my opinion to a list. Again...use what you like. If you have decided that carnuba, monkey poo or ear wax will protect your car's finish and make it looks it's best .....by all means...use it. For me, it's Zaino.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares. If you use Zymol and like it GREAT.
If you use Zaino and like it GREAT.

Some people do not mind using abrasives on their Viper. I will leave it up to you to decide for yourself which one is abrasive.
dead.gif
dead.gif
dead.gif