03 Corvette will have 520HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it from: http://www.lovecars.com/corvettecorner/

I hope that it is true. The L88 in the early 70's had 520HP but is was very limited. I belive that if this car will be out then it will cost more than a Viper and be limited to maybe 500 cars.
Then you guys can say that bang for the buck the Viper is better
laugh.gif
I'm sure that you heard it a lot. Well if this is not true then in July I'll be getting one of the last 02 GTS ACR's.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MyVette,

That site has a reputation for being completely wrong about many things. Check out the Z06 forum on the Corvette forum site and you will see the folks "in the know" dismissing these rumors and specifically talking about how that particular site is full of BS.

The 2003 Z06 will have 405hp, and that is straight from the mouth of Dave Hill himself.

Would be nice if GM got on the horse a little more - but I don't think they particularly care about "keeping up" with the Viper. The Z06 comes close, but the Viper decisively beats it in everything except braking.. and the Z06 is selling quite well, so why change something that is working?

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were rumors that LPE had 80 427 motors in stock. I know that there is a little chance but it would be nice. I hate GM for not telling us about their cars till they day before. You Viper guys know what you are getting for a long time.

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the news:

2003 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette:
1. Special Color CARMINE GOLD DEAD??? or WHITE GOLD (white w/gold metalflake)
More 2003 Corvette news... NEW COLOR for 2003 Red Mist Metallic similar to the 99 Cadillac
03 Coupe + Conv. - 365 Hp 365 Ft Lb. Torque. extra HP + Torque achieved by Cam used in '02 ZO6, removal of MAF screen, like '02 ZO6, deletion of pre cats (pups), and new air intake like '02 ZO6.
** 03 ZO6 - 425 HP 425 Ft. Lb. Torque. Achieved by updated-revised heads, computer tweaks, and possible new Throttle Body.
** 03 LS88 - 520 HP 520 Ft. Lb. Torque. Engine is a 427 Small block. It will be produced by LPE. The engine will be shipped to the plant and installed at the plant. The car is to be a direct threat to the 03 Dodge Viper. Look for this engine to carry over for the C6.
** C6- Will be a 2005, released in early 2004, will have exposed headlights, was held back because of concerns by Bob Lutz, new GM head of design. Remember that the designer for the C6 is the same designer that did the Butt Ugly Pontiac Aztec. Look to see 2 engine options. A 6.0 liter and a high performance 7.0 liter (427 small block) Base engine will be 400 Hp and 405 ft. lb. Torque. Exact same motor as '03.
Added 1-1-02: Also OnStar, Navigational System option, HID headlight option, and better sound sytem.

Status
Not open for further replies.