03 Ordering, pricing, dealers, etc.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have local dealers here in Northern CA. who are offering orders to certificate holders for "X" amount over INVOICE (where X is ranging from $500 - $1000). They are taking deposits of $500 - $1000 to secure the order as well.

So, dealers CAN work with you and give you some numbers. It sounds like your particular local dealer just needs a little more information.

-Matt

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, and I know the pricing has not been released. But this is not my fault, I've gotten 2 snail mails from dealers, and a few emails, looking for my cert. So, based on this communication, I called my local dealer and asked him what he thought he would be doing "off of MSRP" on this car. He said "we don't even know our allocation yet, much less the price, and we are talking about something a year away, so we won't know for sometime." I explained the certs, and how I should get one in a month, and other dealers seem comfortable to talk about this (based on some comments on this board, and in other communications), and how we have to put a deposit down, next month, so we SHOULD be able to talk about what deals they are willing to do (and since I was talking about this over a year ago, and got 2 deals at 2500 under MSRP).

I guess my question is, 1) is the dealer wrong, or am I wrong that allocations don't matter, it's # of certs, etc.? 2) are dealers talking about what they are gonna price the cars in relation to MSRP or not? 3) If so, someone share the pricing you're getting, that's the beauty of the net, and I know the dealers don't want it shared, but, you know...

Basically I hung up in discust in the call, I got dealers bugging me (which is not the problem) but I call my local guy, who has been nice to the club as of late, and he was either clueless, less than helpful, or looking to gouge (he certainly wasn't going out of his way to earn my biz, in relation to all these people contacting me).

Heck I even got an email from the local VCA pres, saying the local dealers are lookin to deal, well this guy wasn't. Ugh...

Reaction score
You can help your local guy get up to speed. There is no allocation until after the orders for the Cert buyers have been filled. So if your dealer fails to deal he will sell ZERO 2003's.
Once a dealer understands that he has no ordering power, he should deal.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Joe has said,

Check with the vendors on this site first! I have been told,
X amount over invoice. (not a firm comitment on either part though) No one knows how much these things will even be, I would
guess in the 60-80K range though. If Dodge were to price them too
high than I would bow out as would many others. (I don't think they will price them too high, but time will tell)

2Charmed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62