06 SRT10 conv - Catalytic Converter problems and RR HF cats

diablovox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After ~550 miles of normal highway driving, the car suddenly started sputtering and refused to go over ~3500 rpm in any gear.

The cockpit smells like raw gas, i almost thew up..

I nursed it to a buddy's house i columbus, oh and checked codes etc -
No codes
No misfire
No check engine light
13500 miles on the car

So I took it to a local Dodge/Mopar shop and they say one of the CATs is plugged and quoted me $3200 to replace both, $1200 for 1 CAT, and $850 for the other + labor and gasket etc.

Mopar Ultimate care doesnt cover this, apparently no warranty does.. :mad:

I'm thinking of getting Roe Racing direct fit HF CATs for $750 for the pair and keep the rest of the stock exhaust.
Found this thread - http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/654146-Anyone-Replace-Stock-Cats-with-High-Flow-Cats

AND
this one for the cat delete option but not sure if the dealer would do that - http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/565128-cat-delete-I-found-the-cheapest-way-possible-to-do-this

What do you all think? Am I thinking toward the right solution? **Intend to eventually replace the whole system piece by piece, but not right now**

Thanks!

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any car ive seen has flanges on the cats, are the Vipers the same way? Yes, custom, but way cheaper than any option out there.

diablovox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi flows would work --get ahold of Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse Viper / Woodhouse Motorsports Division ( [email protected] ) 1-800-889-1893

Thank you! Mark is checking on other options for me to avoid spending $2000 on a set of new OEM ones..

I had ordered the EASTERN direct fit from roeracing.com and the manufacturer will take 2 weeks to make the passenger side.. so this is no longer an option, I'm stuck 8 hrs from home.

I don't want to go with a cat delete, the O2 sims are hard to find on short notice too.. lets see what Mark comes back with..

Does anyone know of any universal ones that might fit? I have the 3" to 2.5" adapters already..

Thanks!

diablovox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of used OEM from Mark for $650 + shipping, seems like the best option to get me home, and until I get an aftermarket kit.

Thank you Bill for the recommendation, much appreciated!

ViperDEN_Nick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just pulled my Cats off a couple weeks ago because I went back to straight pipes. I bought them from JonB at Parts Rack. They have less than 500 miles on them, just discoloration on the stainless steel from the heat.

They're the 3" diameter in/out (Honeycomb), one side already has a 2.5" reducer welded on (if you need the 3", just use a Sawzall to cut the smaller pipe off).

PM me

diablovox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just pulled my Cats off a couple weeks ago because I went back to straight pipes. I bought them from JonB at Parts Rack. They have less than 500 miles on them, just discoloration on the stainless steel from the heat.

They're the 3" diameter in/out (Honeycomb), one side already has a 2.5" reducer welded on (if you need the 3", just use a Sawzall to cut the smaller pipe off).

PM me

Oh man i wish we'd connected just a few days earlier lol! I bought stock pull-offs with 5k miles from Woodhouse and got them installed on the 9th..

Going to keep these until the complete exhaust upgrade..

Thanks!

ViperDEN_Nick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man i wish we'd connected just a few days earlier lol! I bought stock pull-offs with 5k miles from Woodhouse and got them installed on the 9th..

Going to keep these until the complete exhaust upgrade..

Thanks!

Right on!

I have a Gen II so I don't frequent this section very often and didn't see the threat until it was too late

-Nick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PovertyPony