08 Goes 11.13 today at OSW!!

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Guys,
I am very satisfied with todays results. Track prep was very good and the weather was okay. Wish it was cooler but I'll take what we got. Outside temp was mid 70's with a heavy side wind. We had more runs than this but these were the best two:

60' = 1.733
330' = 4.782
1/8 = 7.256 at 99.80mph
1000' = 9.362
1/4 = 11.136 at 127.45mph!! :D

Back up run:
60' = 1.678
330' = 4.756
1/8 = 7.245 at 99.10mph
1000' = 9.368
1/4 = 11.158 at 126.15mph :D

Stock 08 Convertible with 3.33 Unitrax gears, Quaife rear, and A6 Hoosiers.
Everything else down to the paper filters is still bone stock. I believe these cars should have come with the 3.33 gears but oh well. Track officials told me I needed a roll bar(on order), five point harness, fire jacket, and helmet. At least I had the jacket and helmet. They allowed us to continue to run but I don't dare go back without the bar and harness.

Hope someone else gets some results so we can continue to fine tune these beasts!!!
We had a BLAST!!!!!! :drive:
One of the funny parts of the day was the others enjoying the private rental was them asking me what I had done to make it so fast. My response was "its just that fast stock" and then smile. ;)

God Bless,
Keith

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These posts should be banned as before reading this I was perfectly happy with my GenII.
Great times nice to see the corvette in the mirror again!!!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here comes that old rivalry of what people consider stock:

"Stock 08 Convertible with 3.33 Unitrax gears, Quaife rear, and A6 Hoosiers."

I would say the 'with' part eliminates the 'stock' part.

In any case, no 'power adders' certainly, and thats a great time. Congrats.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:moon: take that Chevy!

:usa:

Great times for sure, but the Z06 does that BONE STOCK. And has for the last year, so we cant smack chevy yet. Once a "BONE STOCK" Viper runs better then a 10.9, We will have the better stock time. Its just too bad its taken a year later and 100 more hp to best Chevy.

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great times for sure. I can't wait until some of the pros get out there with these cars stock with stock tires. I think with the right track and the right driver, a low 11 is highly possible.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great times for sure, but the Z06 does that BONE STOCK. And has for the last year, so we cant smack chevy yet. Once a "BONE STOCK" Viper runs better then a 10.9, We will have the better stock time. Its just too bad its taken a year later and 100 more hp to best Chevy.

If you're comparing 'Ranger' that really doesn't even count ... his would be a 'driver time' not really a 'car time.' After a couple of very fast Z06 drivers, the next dozen drivers probably aren't within 2/10ths of his times.

We'll have to rely on like drivers, tracks conditions etc, like the mags do for car comparisons.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're comparing 'Ranger' that really doesn't even count ... his would be a 'driver time' not really a 'car time.' After a couple of very fast Z06 drivers, the next dozen drivers probably aren't within 2/10ths of his times.

We'll have to rely on like drivers, tracks conditions etc, like the mags do for car comparisons.

we need to get them side by side!:drive:
when edmunds did there comparison, the Z06 ran a 12.0 1/4 mile & viper ran a 11.8. some would say those are bad times for both but that is what the conditions warranted (driver, temp, altitude), they said the Viper felt much stronger and faster. Still with those stock 3.07s it is going to be a tough match up, but it will favor the viper above 100 mph!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Actually Jamie beat Rangers time. So you have Jamie, Ranger, then you have about 10-15 others on there fast list from 11.1-11.3 1/4 mile times, bone stock. I love the Viper, but face it, the Z06 beats it with two equal drivers on equal tracks. Mostly due to gearing, weight and the fact that the Z06 holds its peak power for like 1000 rpms or something like that.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Jamie beat Rangers time. So you have Jamie, Ranger, then you have about 10-15 others on there fast list from 11.1-11.3 1/4 mile times, bone stock. I love the Viper, but face it, the Z06 beats it with two equal drivers on equal tracks. Mostly due to gearing, weight and the fact that the Z06 holds its peak power for like 1000 rpms or something like that.
I don't agree, The "only" times that matter are same track,same day,equall drivers and same conditions and so far the Viper has prevailed. I don't care what one guy did on a certain track on a certain day, Run them together and see what happens the Viper will win.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hell with stock tires. That's a little much to expect when running that kind of power. Better to have the sticky tires on it and see what it's capable of.

One run on Hoosiers equals 100 runs on stock tires trying to set an unofficial record.

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive:

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love the Viper and I am buying a new ACR, but I have to agree with Mike! A Z06 with those mods goes right into the 10's!

OP
OP
M

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To answer your questions:

I was shifting at 6200.

The ZO6 comes stock with the 3.42 gears and is lighter. I beat the crapp out of this car a couple of weeks ago side by side with my friend and his ZO6 with a tune. The best he could muster was an 11.6 and the best I could muster "bone" stock was 11.4. Put the 3.42 gears in the Viper and she'll run 10's. Too bad Dodge chose to give us 3.07's. We have to deal with that and make the best of it. Same track, same time, same conditions I believe the Viper will win every time. Proved that a few weeks ago. Put better gears (3.33) and sticky tires on her and she run's low 11's. No matter how you cut it she's a BLAST!!!! :D

On to roll bar, five point harness, headers, and exhaust and look out!!!

Keith

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is in the LAUNCH!!!
Some guys are launching really hard w/ high revs and eventually breaking stuff.
From my experience, I see the Corvette guys doing this more often than the Viper guys. After all, it is only a Vette so who cares if they break it!! The Viper guys have a little more pride in the care of their cars.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just can't find a "bone stock" ZO6 that runs anywhere near the 10's anytime in AZ. Been to the strip many times, and the "best" time that I saw was an 11.91, and that was with DR's, and filter. For a 500hp, 3,100 lb car, that's about right.....IF it's "bone stock" at 1,100 ft altitude with the air being right at about 2,300 ft.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is in the LAUNCH!!!
Some guys are launching really hard w/ high revs and eventually breaking stuff.
From my experience, I see the Corvette guys doing this more often than the Viper guys. After all, it is only a Vette so who cares if they break it!! The Viper guys have a little more pride in the care of their cars.

More Pride? Get in the REAL WORLD! What a joke! A lot of guys on this board own both, but they only care about the Dodge?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice times! I bet that was fun getting kicked off the track! LOL. Now for the added weight. I think we should have a fast list, like the Vette forum, so that guys will have more incentive to run 'bone stock w stock tires' etc. Here are the categories...any moderator up to it?

The Fast List will have five sub-lists, as submissions warrant:

Bone-Stock on Stock Tires. This means completely stock with no performance changes whatsoever; must have stock F1 SuperCar EMT tires, stock exhaust, stock airpath, stock “untuned” computer (ECU/PCM), etc.

Bone-Stock, except Non-Stock Tires including drag radials. Otherwise, the same requirement as above.

Bolt-Ons without Internal Engine Modification (e.g. modified airpath, headers, PCM-tune, aftermarket clutch, non-stock rear gears, skinny front tires)

Internal Engine Mods plus Bolt-Ons (e.g. stock displacement 427 with bolt-ons plus heads and/or cam)

Power Adders (Nitrous, Turbo, Supercharger)

Then we will get some fast times, and some averages, and then you have a pretty valid comparison after a year. Jamie, Viper owners have an attitude, that's all. Its the natural consequence of being a smaller group...have to keep the chest out. Give us a break!

OP
OP
M

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats a great idea!

Here is the Impala site that gives you exactly what you are talking about and you can sort according to desired group you are looking for. Great idea for Viper owners! :D

Dynamic Top ETs

Click on POWER and you'll find a fairly quick 96 Impala All Motor car with my name next to it. ;)

God Bless,
Keith

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are these supposed to be road race cars. Who cares how fast in a 1/4 mile. most road courses are over 1.5 miles with lots of curves.

Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
M

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a couple of reasons that I picked the 3.33 vs 3.45 or higher. I plan on spraying this car and I'll need the gears in order to stay in 4th. :headbang:
4th gear - 6200rpm = 3.33 = 150mph
4th gear - 6200rpm = 3.45 = 145mph
4th gear - 6200rpm = 3.55 = 141mph

These cars will run low 130's with just bolt on's like headers and exhaust so spray will definitely take it into the 140's and I didn't want to chance needing 5th. ;)

The other was interior noise related to rpm's when highway driving. Some systems create a good bit of drone and wanted to avoid that at 1800 - 2,000 rpm's.

For strictly an all motor car with bolt on's 3.55's would have been the best pick. Good luck you guys with whatever you pick.

God Blessm
Keith

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No viper yet, but I do like how you guys/girls do show respect for the Z06 instead of just slamming it because its a chevy. Shows a lot of class in my opinion. Can't wait to be an owner.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is because a lot of Vipers own both.I have a C6Z06 and a 2008 Black Viper Coupe.Different,both very cool.It,s all for fun anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62