08 viper tire pressure light

viperpat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car is still at the dealer. I just got new rims, I went to drop off the car, and I had a flat tire. I had just put in the new $380 censors in the new rims so I asked the dealer to check out why the tire pressure light was not coming on. They found that the control module was not working right and this controls other parts of the car. It was just luck that the tire went flat because this can effect the pcm computer. The thing that has dodge and SRT scratching their heads is there is no code coming up but SRT said this could be the cause of all my problems with the low HP and air fuel at 10.5 should be 13.5. If I had not gotten the flat the dealer would have never found this problem because the pcm is not throwing a code. This got me thinking, what if other vipers have this problem so I called a friend who know's a guy with a new 08 viper he said his tire went flat at the track and no low air light this could be a problem for your 08 viper you need to go to a place with air and let the air out of the tire to see if yours has the same problem, in 03 they had the same problem with all the 03 vipers with the control module. Dodge, SRT, and the dealer have been working hard to find the problem with my car and I can't thank them enough. They are on it. I am ok with all the this because the car is all new and with anything new and great with all new changes you can expect little fine tuning issue with any new technology, look at windows. Please let me know what happens with your 08 thanks.
viperpat

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
380 for those sensors? Hopefully that includes install, otherwise you better have been screaming ****!!! when they handed you that bill.

Dodge has Three prices. There is the "Lubed" price which they give Dealers, there is the "BendOver" price which they give most people, and then you have the "********™" price which they occassionally try to give walk-in cash customers.

As to your issue... sounds like a Bus problem to me. Something is "lost in translation".....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss