1:18 Bumble Bee Model Pictures! It exists!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, anyone know how many of these were made??

:eater::eater::eater:

IMGA0691.JPG

Thanks!

Robert

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It be awesome if it were actually a legit model from the original factory!

So who did the work? I'm assuming the wing is off a AutoArt car.

--RS

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad you crack me up!:lmao: I still think you subcontiously wish your car was yellow. That is why you chose a McViper!:D:D

You are 100% right though! It was a home build by me. Here are the pics from before and now. As for the wing, it was hand built. It started off as a giant sheet of plastic resin.

IMGA0661.JPG

IMGA0679.JPG

IMGA0689.JPG

IMGA0693.JPG

IMGA0711.JPG

IMGA0718.JPG

IMGA0723.JPG

IMGA0697.JPG

Robert

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert that is good stuff, you had me fooled at first.

Any special kind of paint you used to do it?

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To do it all (including the deatiling that I am really picky about) I would say it took about a day. Paint, sand, paint, sand, then paint the interior black from gray, and finally reasembley.

Granted it will not take you as long as you do not need to hand sculp a wing. My guess is that took me a hour or two.

Robert

Robert

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Robert, why don't you have someone with a 3D printer fab up 1:18 versions of the wheels on your 1:1 Snake and go to a local print shop where they can make a 1:18 version of the window decal to complete the picture?

Signed,
Realistic detailnerd for life :lmao:

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Robert! Since I'm your twin best VOI-X buddy (besides JIMMY!) can you make me one just like yours!?!?!

We need to find BBS rims for it though.

I had a friend that makes decals I'll see if he can make us some ACR decals for our little cars.

I think I'm one up on you though I found a bumble bee that's about the size of a nickel with spoiler and all!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Robert, why don't you have someone with a 3D printer fab up 1:18 versions of the wheels on your 1:1 Snake and go to a local print shop where they can make a 1:18 version of the window decal to complete the picture?

Signed,
Realistic detailnerd for life :lmao:

Yeah, the wheels were an issue!;) Those were the closest I could find to mine and other than the slots in the spoke, they are dead on so I cant be TOO picky!:lmao:

Hey Robert! Since I'm your twin best VOI-X buddy (besides JIMMY!) can you make me one just like yours!?!?!

We need to find BBS rims for it though.

I had a friend that makes decals I'll see if he can make us some ACR decals for our little cars.

I think I'm one up on you though I found a bumble bee that's about the size of a nickel with spoiler and all!

First, where are the pics of nickle viper?:D

Second, I do not think I will make another one of these for a LONG time! All said and done it was like 15 hours and about $100 in supplies (stripper, primer, paint, brushes, model, etc). I was going to make another for my car to take to shows, but for now summer is here and I dont have alot of patience for little picky things....:rolleyes:

Come next winter though, if I do make another one I will keep you in mind.:)

Robert

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about a wing at least?

I'll take some pix of the tiny bumble bee tomorrow.

I keep it on my dashboard. It's been there since day one. I'm surprised you didn't see it at VOI-X everyone that saw it said what the heck how did you get something that small?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sitting - The model I used was a Bburago and sitting it beside a Auoart it looks about right in size.

Triple - Nice looking little car! That is awesome! I gather the bigger car is the 1:43 car? Never noticed how big it is!:lmao:

As for the wing, I will have to see if I still have my template. I believe I ditched it as it caught on fire during the model build!:wow: Was not pretty!:D

Robert

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62