1:25 Roe supercharger project

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KNG SNKE requested a repeat of my creativity skills in scale 1:25 so this afternoon I started work as far as I can at this point with the Revell GTS kit as a base.
Having a spare parts bin for plastic scale model stuff helps tremendously because in it was exactly the right type of bended rod that is going to become the 2 intake tubes.
Next up was the alternator, bloody geniouses at Revell put a Gen ONE engine in a GTS :confused: so it had to be relocated to the Gen 2 location.
The plan is to hook up the blower axle pulley to the accessory belt and incorporate as much detail as possible.
This is where I will call it a day:

You must be registered for see images attach

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't the blue blocks the Vipers with the automatic transmission in them...LOL Another thread humor for Warfang. nice work

Bruce

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be anal or anything, but you also have Gen 1 valve covers (oil filler cap in the wrong place). How are you going to fix those?

And yes, I have too much time on my hands too, but it is a holiday.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
early on, they questioned the one on the left too

keep building

:eater:

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be anal or anything, but you also have Gen 1 valve covers (oil filler cap in the wrong place). How are you going to fix those?

And yes, I have too much time on my hands too, but it is a holiday.

I am probably going to copy said oil cap on a thin sheet of styrene and then sand the wrong one flush with the valve cover :)
Work has been pretty quiet due to the holiday this week.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait, I am excited :). If it is easier I can do a motor swap with ya :). Going to go do the drawing right now of the belts.

And have a used engine in my own SNKE that is still brand new? Nah :D
I'll make sure that the entire modified package "bolts" straight onto your own engine just like the 1:1 equivalent.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*double post, computer froze up after clicking the submit button

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but adding to my post count is an important job... how else am I gonna catch up to Chad? :rolaugh:

By bribing him with Kelly Pickler pictures, video etc? Arrange for him to meet her and he will be gone from the forums for at least a week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried replicating the oil cap but that turned out to be too tricky, so I took a knife and VERY carefully cut the cap off without damaging the valve cover and glued it in the proper Gen 2 position:

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there is nothing really amazing to see yet, for all I know something might go wrong during construction forcing me to start all over again ;)

Sandwhich plate prep work (might drill out the invividual holes at a later point):

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plate complete, note the notches in the little triangles out front to provide room for the plate with the blower itself:

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blower housing done save for a couple of minor details. I have to say that the aft part was easier to carve out of resin than the housing itself.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, some parts already have their colors, waiting for the intake tubes to dry. After that it's time to separate the airbox from the intake tubes, intake tubes and manifold from the throttle bodies, fab up a blower axle with pulley, rearrange some of the other pulleys according to John's drawing, get a new accessories belt from Sean... hey wait a sec I'm getting carried away here, lol... make a belt of my own, finish a few little bits and take pictures of the finished product before sending it off.

One more before the lights go out, the intake tubes were dry already and turned out to be too close to the blower which required an extra disc at each end. Good thing that they were too close because I took the opportunity to replicate the hoseclamp/hose/hoseclamp situation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mating the intake tubes to the thing itself has been a bigger ***** than expected so that is the reason why this update took so long.
The good news is that I just finished putting smooth tubes, stock intake box, stock throttlebodies and the rest together. Now all she needs is a new paintjob (don't ask, sometimes scratchbuilding doesn't go as expected...), a blower axle and belt assembly. Pics will follow later after everything looks decent enough.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Work has already started on Gen2-ifying the accessories assembly, just need to think of a way to make the package "deconstructable" so that John can put it on his own model without too much hassle.
Now before you look at the following pics, the lighting screwed up the colors and made them a touch too dark, in reality it looks a whole lot better than what can be seen here.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There we go, belt assembly Gen 2-ified and Roe-ified (yes, paint is still wet in some spots) :D Someone buy me a macro-lense because it will vastly improve these crappy close up shots :(
Smooth tubes were painted black according to the change in reality, more pics after I have fabricated some fuel rails and fuel line.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint is already on the fuel rails and what looks to be a vacuum line going to the brake booster, just need to build the piece that connects both throttle bodies, glue the cable bracket on and that's gonna be it!

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the heck right, let's add the bracket that connects both throttle bodies. Not very well visible is the half-moon disc that the throttle cable "snaps" into.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save for a few spots of additional paint here & there plus a final check-up she's done! First part of the throttle cable is a piece of power cord, the second part that goes to the throttle bracket is a single hair of the bundle that is inside the power cord.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth