1 lift installed 1 to go, my best Viper mod!

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a Lift installed yesterday, Pro Park 9 plus and I am having a 2 post installed in 2 weeks. This is the best mod that I have done (if you can call it a mod). The 2 post will be for working on the cars. I had 2 jackshaft openers installed to allow the garage doors lift all the way to the ceiling. If anyone is in the tristate area, I found some great installers for all the equipment, at great prices. I will probably have a 3rd lift installed in the new 4 bay garage that is I am building, because it really does make life easier:headbang: .

Now I just need Bill P. to get my Orange ACR built and shipped:2tu:

P1060701.JPG

P1060703.JPG

P1060702.JPG

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Nice stable! Do you need to do anything special to your concrete for the 2 post lift? It would be awesome to have a lift to work on my cars and since I would not store my Viper in my unheated garage might make more sense than a 4 post.

Are the arms low enough on the 2 post to get under the Viper? When I took my Viper to my son's high school for his shop class, we had to use a low profile jack to get the arms under my Gen 1.

OP
OP
F

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket, the 2 post must be bolted to the floor, it needs a 4" base of concrete (I have 6, but most will have at least 4"). I am buying a commercial grade with asym arms, with no base on the bottom, only on the top and the arms fit under my viper(I tried it a friend's shop).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics, fastmd!!! And, yes, of course, post your pics of your ACR when you get it (I know, I know...it'll be later this year!)...very nice cars...can I ask what the '95 Pcar/928GTS is? THX! ~juli

OP
OP
F

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics, fastmd!!! And, yes, of course, post your pics of your ACR when you get it (I know, I know...it'll be later this year!)...very nice cars...can I ask what the '95 Pcar/928GTS is? THX! ~juli
Juli, that is a 1995 Porsche 928GTS, it was the last year for that car from porsche it is a V8,front engine, aluminum body sports car. It is a love it or hate it car, because of the high cost to purchase and maintain. I need to snap some new pics, it is currently stored at my vacation house because of space.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fastmd, your set up looks great! Wish I had all the space you do! I got a Pro-Park about 4 years ago and their great. I needed them for storage after moving from a 3 car to 2 car, but with all the work I've been able to do on the car I'll always have a lift no matter where I live. I need to find someone to lift my door and tracks as I have to park the top viper in backwards, the door will clear both hoods but it won't clear the hatch or the sport bar.

aaa_garage_2.jpg

I noticed you have the steel ramps, my wife got me the aluminum ramps for my birthday a few months ago, what a difference, 1/4 the weight! I'd suggest you get them before you
drop one of the heavy sob's on your foot. Mike

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli, that is a 1995 Porsche 928GTS, it was the last year for that car from porsche it is a V8,front engine, aluminum body sports car. It is a love it or hate it car, because of the high cost to purchase and maintain. I need to snap some new pics, it is currently stored at my vacation house because of space.

Wow, you ARE fast, fastmd!!!~~LOL! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Ah, then you have a rare Porsche, it would seem? Okay, love it or hate it with purchase/maintain, but how about performance/handling? LOVE the blue Viper Vert~!
~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62