1 of 1 update

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres an email I just got from Micheal the winner of the last raffle. It all seems a bit odd to me. Not sure why his car wouldn't be released? its paid for right? :dunno:

Hi Everyone,

Kim at VCA has confirmed that our raffle car was assembled last month. It then was sent to and returned from Prefix. It is on 'financial standby" which until this afternoon nobody at VCA could define for me. Tom Saita, our local dealer was on a two hour conference call today with Chrysler and was told that the cars produced from customer orders were placed on financial standby by the bankruptcy judge. He said that those finished cars would be shipped as soon as the BK is discharged. In the past hour, I watched an interview on CNBC with Jim Press, co-president of Chrysler. He indicated that the BK would be completed within 9 weeks or less since the filing date.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that *****. You win a very expensive sports car and you can't pick it up because of bankruptcy proceedings?

Bob

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jimmy just told me about this.

Man that *****!

If I was the winner I would have sold it and got the Yellow ACR silver is not my color anyway.

Too bad Jimmy didn't get 5 tix total he would have won 1 and 2.

Kinda reminds me of the song “Isn’t it Ironic” ‘You win an ACR Viper the judge freezes it the next day.” “Isn’t it Ironic”?

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy just told me about this.

Man that *****!

If I was the winner I would have sold it and got the Yellow ACR silver is not my color anyway.

Too bad Jimmy didn't get 5 tix total he would have won 1 and 2.

Kinda reminds me of the song “Isn’t it Ironic” ‘You win an ACR Viper the judge freezes it the next day.” “Isn’t it Ironic”?

We are not talking about the VOI 10 ACR. I am talking about the raffle that was drawn at VOI 9 for the "build your own Viper". although I would assume the VOI 10 ACR is in the same situation.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow.... ~$250k collected from that raffle and they can't deliver the car.... doesn't look good for the club at all, hope this gets worked out soon, and our members get their cars asap!

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't see how it has anything to do with the club. Its not the VCA thats holding back the car. Its the bankruptcy judge. From what I understand there are other cars that have been ordered that are waiting as well. Maybe Kenny could give us a better idea as to what is going on over there at CAAP

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's the VCA's fault, but It's a VCA Raffle, you have to me a member of the club to participate, the club promotes these raffles, and I would think benefits from them as well.....

I really don't see how it has anything to do with the club. Its not the VCA thats holding back the car. Its the bankruptcy judge. From what I understand there are other cars that have been ordered that are waiting as well. Maybe Kenny could give us a better idea as to what is going on over there at CAAP

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wait a second? The VOI raffle car hasn’t been delivered either? “The build your own Viper” So that’s two cars that were won and have yet to be delivered?

That’s not good.

I don’t want to ruffle any feathers here, but…. how can the VCA collect over 1/2 mil over the last 10 months and not deliver the cars?

I can see the 1 of 1 ACR maybe?, but the one that was raffled off at VOI-X is totally unacceptable. :nono:

Acutally come to think about it why didn't the VCA advise us of this prior to the end of the raffle not wait til the raffle ended to disclose this? :nono:

After all didn't they press us hard to buy raffle tickets both times? :crazy2:

This doesnt sound good, hopefully the VCA can correct this situation quickly, I wouldnt want this to be spun off by some other web-site and be a black eye for the club. :usa:

We are not talking about the VOI 10 ACR. I am talking about the raffle that was drawn at VOI 9 for the "build your own Viper". although I would assume the VOI 10 ACR is in the same situation.

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe were jumping the gun a little bit here. Let's hear from VCA who I am sure is working in it.

Andy Wheeler

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not jumping the gun. But....... Think about it. why wasnt the VOI-X raffle car been delivered?

We're talking about 9 months since the raffle and well before Chrysler got into serious trouble. And now this? :dunno:

Maybe were jumping the gun a little bit here. Let's hear from VCA who I am sure is working in it.

Andy Wheeler

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this one coming...those of us who refered a Viper buyer 6 months ago and then had to go spend $1000 at a dealer to collect have well....not collected. I was called by VCA a month ago and told we would be paid but the funds are probably ******* by that judge as well. I wouldn't hold my breath on ever getting paid on any of this.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not jumping the gun. But....... Think about it. why wasnt the VOI-X raffle car been delivered?

We're talking about 9 months since the raffle and well before Chrysler got into serious trouble. And now this? :dunno:

I hear ya well hopefully this works out for the winners sooner then later.

OzeViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were the winners I would be having a conversation w/ the judge myself... gl

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this one coming...those of us who refered a Viper buyer 6 months ago and then had to go spend $1000 at a dealer to collect have well....not collected. I was called by VCA a month ago and told we would be paid but the funds are probably ******* by that judge as well. I wouldn't hold my breath on ever getting paid on any of this.

Not getting paid on the referal program is made more aggravating due to the fact that midway through the process. They added another little bump. You now had to spend a thousand of your own dollars with Dodge as well as get the referal.

I don't need their money. They can keep it. I have bought my last Dodge. Why would they treat us any better than their own employees ?

I still have a job and income. May the unfairly treated dealers and employees receive a liitle good karma.

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to add the little info that I have on the issue.....

It took some time to finialize design between Micheal and CAAP.

The car was set to be built at the end of the MY, which got held up by lack of parts and other issues including extened plant closures which have been discussed in other threads.

I really don't think the VCA has much blame in the issue, its dodge that controls the cars

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Production delays are one thing, but I don't understand how a Judge could hold up a vehicle that is supposedly paid for already. That would be like walking into a Dodge dealership right now to pick up your paid for vehicle, and them telling you it isn't available.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys -

Relax, the sky isn't falling and the VCA isn't running off with all your money. :rolleyes:

First off, the "Build Your Own Viper" raffle was one of the worst selling raffles we have ever held (300 less tickets than this raffle and in good economy to boot) neither one of these raffles came close to grossing $200K (much less $250K) and by the time we pay for the cars our proceeds are good but definitely not great (the "Build Your Own" will be especially poor for the club). We pay for the cars just like anybody else does. I think the only one to sell $250K worth of tickets was the Diamondback - and we had to pay a pretty penny to get that car too.

The most recent raffle ACR is NOT being held back that we know of and is ready to go. The "Build Your Own Viper" was CUSTOM BUILT with all kinds of things added after the fact that are not even offered by the factory (and absolutely not within the raffle rules but SRT & the VCA bent over backwards to accommodate the winner). Think about it: If you order a PRODUCTION car it can take as long as a year to get built. Now take a car that was awarded this past fall and add a boatload of custom interior and exterior features - this is not a ridiculous wait by any means. I am not aware of any hold other than what was posted by a third party above. We have messages into all parties (VCA HQ and SRT), but this was posted on a Friday night and we can't demand they all return to the office on a weekend to address all the naysayers here.

So cool your jets, quit slamming the VCA that has worked so incredibly hard to do these raffles for YOUR benefit, and let's see what we find out tomorrow.

Thanks,

Chris

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be happy to wait for it if yall will draw my ticket the next time.:D:D:D

Keep up the good work.:2tu:

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Chris for clarifying the situation. As I have said before the VCA HAS done a great job with these raffles. And Micheal did stretch the limits of what could be done to customize a Viper from factory. I think this will be one of the most unique Vipers to ever come out of the CAAP including any custom prototype show cars that were created and will be well worth the wait. I think its just hard to wait for something that your so excited about. I know if I was waiting on a car like that I would be going nuts. maybe I will have the luck to win one of these raffles one day and have the same 'problems'.

BTW before anyone even considers thinking that anything should be said against the VCA regarding these fantastic raffles, find another club that offers such a great opportunity. I don't know of ANY.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And there you have it!:2tu::2tu::2tu:

Guys -

Relax, the sky isn't falling and the VCA isn't running off with all your money. :rolleyes:

First off, the "Build Your Own Viper" raffle was one of the worst selling raffles we have ever held (300 less tickets than this raffle and in good economy to boot) neither one of these raffles came close to grossing $200K (much less $250K) and by the time we pay for the cars our proceeds are good but definitely not great (the "Build Your Own" will be especially poor for the club). We pay for the cars just like anybody else does. I think the only one to sell $250K worth of tickets was the Diamondback - and we had to pay a pretty penny to get that car too.

The most recent raffle ACR is NOT being held back that we know of and is ready to go. The "Build Your Own Viper" was CUSTOM BUILT with all kinds of things added after the fact that are not even offered by the factory (and absolutely not within the raffle rules but SRT & the VCA bent over backwards to accommodate the winner). Think about it: If you order a PRODUCTION car it can take as long as a year to get built. Now take a car that was awarded this past fall and add a boatload of custom interior and exterior features - this is not a ridiculous wait by any means. I am not aware of any hold other than what was posted by a third party above. We have messages into all parties (VCA HQ and SRT), but this was posted on a Friday night and we can't demand they all return to the office on a weekend to address all the naysayers here.

So cool your jets, quit slamming the VCA that has worked so incredibly hard to do these raffles for YOUR benefit, and let's see what we find out tomorrow.

Thanks,

Chris

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got this email from Micheal... along with the email Bill Pemberton sent to him.

"Bill Pemberton was able to get better information about our car, so we are back to where we began. (See his email.)

He said that the reason Viper was shut down prematurely this April before the BK, was that they ran out of painted parts. Saleen's new buyers wanted to renegotiate the contract to paint the cars which was unacceptable, so Dodge took bids from three other suppliers. He believes that the new supplier was chosen, but that they had to acquire paint, therefore there was a shortage of body parts. This pretty much shoots down the rumor that Saleen bought Viper, otherwise, they could have continued painting the parts.

Meanshile, today Obama made a big deal that they were going to adopt California's rules for mileage and so called "green house" emissions. Today was the death sentence for cars and trucks as we know them..."

Email From Bill....

Michael,

I believe you have inadvertently been given some misinformation, as the special ACR for you has not been finished, as reported. I am just guessing, but I think they have the other raffle ACR confused with yours, since it was just a VOI-10 car and finished quickly. I have been watching the computer build sheets for our Dealership, as we have 12 Vipers involved in the Plant Shutdown. I will confirm the situation on your car. You can call me anytime on this situation, and it may be easier for me to explain by phone. Once things are up, I will make sure everyone realizes this needs to be priority number one, as it is on our books and we need it to be delivered to you as much as you want to place it in your garage.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper
1-800-889-1893
Cell 402-677-5864

I still say that the VCA has done a great job with these raffles and it is amazing that we even have them, but this has got to be aggravating for Micheal. I really don't understand why it's such an issue for CAAP. I don't want anyone to think that I am trying to bash anyone including CAAP, I just find this interesting and think its info that should be shared.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still say that the VCA has done a great job with these raffles and it is amazing that we even have them, but this has got to be aggravating for Micheal.

I'd say it sounds like its more aggravating for you LOL. At first I thought you won the ACR but had to read through the entire thread to figure it out. I'm thinking you probably would've spontaneously combusted if you won the ACR. :)

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...thats for sure Tony. I nearly combust when I get the mailing about a raffle.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got this email from Micheal... along with the email Bill Pemberton sent to him.

"Bill Pemberton was able to get better information about our car, so we are back to where we began. (See his email.)

He said that the reason Viper was shut down prematurely this April before the BK, was that they ran out of painted parts. Saleen's new buyers wanted to renegotiate the contract to paint the cars which was unacceptable, so Dodge took bids from three other suppliers. He believes that the new supplier was chosen, but that they had to acquire paint, therefore there was a shortage of body parts. This pretty much shoots down the rumor that Saleen bought Viper, otherwise, they could have continued painting the parts.

Meanshile, today Obama made a big deal that they were going to adopt California's rules for mileage and so called "green house" emissions. Today was the death sentence for cars and trucks as we know them..."

Email From Bill....

Michael,

I believe you have inadvertently been given some misinformation, as the special ACR for you has not been finished, as reported. I am just guessing, but I think they have the other raffle ACR confused with yours, since it was just a VOI-10 car and finished quickly. I have been watching the computer build sheets for our Dealership, as we have 12 Vipers involved in the Plant Shutdown. I will confirm the situation on your car. You can call me anytime on this situation, and it may be easier for me to explain by phone. Once things are up, I will make sure everyone realizes this needs to be priority number one, as it is on our books and we need it to be delivered to you as much as you want to place it in your garage.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper
1-800-889-1893
Cell 402-677-5864

I still say that the VCA has done a great job with these raffles and it is amazing that we even have them, but this has got to be aggravating for Micheal. I really don't understand why it's such an issue for CAAP. I don't want anyone to think that I am trying to bash anyone including CAAP, I just find this interesting and think its info that should be shared.

You don't understand why it's an issue for CAAP???!! Did you not read your own post that completely explained it :confused::idea::deal::duh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss