$15k certificates to start arriving tomorrow.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received a notification from UPS that I have a next day air package arriving from Dearborn, MI tomorrow. It has to be the certificate mentioned in their press release. Check your front porches everyone!

sunsalem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received a notification from UPS that I have a next day air package arriving from Dearborn, MI tomorrow. It has to be the certificate mentioned in their press release. Check your front porches everyone!
Is this going to be an actual physical coupon?

jjrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just bought one a month back... is there any benefit to me ... like $15K back to me kinda benefit ? o/w, it's moot point for me....

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got one today. They should have just sent a $15K check because I'm not interested in trading my viper in for a new one.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 15,000.00 should have been check to people,as it reflects the true value of the Gen.5.reduced value off MSRP.Cash is King and people can decide what to do with it on their money on their own.Then of course,reduce the msrp on current and future Gen 5.
Anything else is playing games as usual...

When you buy a car you accept depreciation as part of the deal. Chrysler is under no obligation to compensate early adopters for eating such a big loss, although if they did cut rebate checks it would make me more likely to want to do business with them again in the future. At the very least, the coupon should be good toward ANY chrysler vehicle and not just a trade-in on the viper.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you buy a car you accept depreciation as part of the deal. Chrysler is under no obligation to compensate early adopters for eating such a big loss, although if they did cut rebate checks it would make me more likely to want to do business with them again in the future. At the very least, the coupon should be good toward ANY chrysler vehicle and not just a trade-in on the viper.

Peer-

You are absolutely right. We've actually gotten a few notes/complaints about this... , There is no product in life where first adopters don't get screwed on price, that's life. I know this is a terrible example (15k is real money) but you want the new iphone? Youre gonna pay full freight, and 2 weeks later it will be $100 cheaper somewhere, or heck, wait 2 months and a better version comes out. I know, I know, we are talking about cars now, but I've bought every car I own, pretty much the first month it came out. That means I've taken a HUGE bath on each car, about 3 months into ownership... Does that give me a right to complain? Nope, I made that decision/risk wanting the coolest, newest thing out.

The fact that we have the manufacturer sending ANYTHING to someone who bought the product is pretty earth shattering. Would cash be better? Sure, but that's pretty tough ask, these guys want to make money...

Do what I do, stop worrying about what it costs relative to everyone else and what you paid for it, enjoy the car, it's amazing, and thank the manufacturer for thinking about early adopters, that is VERY rare in life.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really comes down to something very simple. Would you have preferred that the Viper program ended or what they did which was to reposition the price point of the car and continue the Viper program? I am thrilled that Dodge did what they did. It means that the combined institutional knowledge of the Viper wuill be preserved and parts availability will be better maintained.

The car was a good buy before. Now it is an incredible bargain. The base price for a stripper 2015 911 Porsche - a boring car - is $84,300. The Gen V Viper is far more car for about the same price.

s_c5519

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't received my voucher in the mail yet. I called the SRT 800 number and they weren't sure how to check and see if I had one coming or not. I also just got back from the local dealer and he put my name and VIN number in his computer and he couldn't come up with anything either. My car did show up but it didn't give any info on the voucher. He basically said to wait and see if it comes in the mail.

I am looking to buy a '14 TA and sold my '13 GTS a few months ago. I was the original owner so I am guessing that Chrysler should still send me out a certificate or could the fact that I sold it be the problem?

Last edited:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm ...... i think you have to own a gen 5 car as of last week to apply for the voucher.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth