1992 RT10 for sale

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just listed one of my 92 RT10's for sale. This is a really clean car that needs absolutely nothing. New tires and rims, and ready for a new home. If you don't have a 92 in your collection you are missing something. Here's your opportunity to own of the most significant cars of the Viper era.
1992 - ViperClub Classifieds

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is going to take time and a better economy, but one day i believe folks will be kicking themselves for not getting a 92 at these prices.

The build number is similar to first year (53) Vette numbers and those go for $$$$. This will be even more true, IMO, if Viper , unlike Vette ceases for good. When I see 92s go for low numbers or unclaimed on ebay, I shake my head.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the real problem is that Vipers, even the '92s are still just too new to be "collectible" by model year. Meaning, most folks buy a Viper to drive...not to simply collect. A 1994 looks the same (almost) but could have A/C. I suppose the mindset is why pay the premium for a '92 with no A/C if you want to drive it?

I figure most folks buy a Viper from a given year to get a color or option.

That being said, I do realize the importance of the 1992s.

I also believe that the reason the older cars became valuable is because so many were used.....as cars. Used up and worn out. The remaining examples are worth something. Currently, the newer "collectible" cars are bought as collectibles and kept garaged and wrapped in cotton. I'm not so sure we'll ever see the values on the current cars as we saw in the past. Of course, it took well over 30 years for the 1953 Corvette...I'm not sure I'll live long enough to see skyrocketing Viper values.

I did see your 1992 at Carlisle...good luck with the sale.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the car is, what its described as (all original paint would especially important and rare, to me at least) that is one heck of a deal on a 1992...

I agree with drummer.. Those cars have almost no pulse right now. Yes, they are ultra rare. But very few buyers out there willing to pay. Lets face it, for $30-low $30's, you can grab a nice GTS. Which looks much more modern..

It will take a long time, but I believe they will be very collectible cars.. And at the very least, stable. I can see them being worth less than $30 grand. I really cant..

OP
OP
J

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the real problem is that Vipers, even the '92s are still just too new to be "collectible" by model year. Meaning, most folks buy a Viper to drive...not to simply collect. A 1994 looks the same (almost) but could have A/C. I suppose the mindset is why pay the premium for a '92 with no A/C if you want to drive it?

I figure most folks buy a Viper from a given year to get a color or option.

That being said, I do realize the importance of the 1992s.

I also believe that the reason the older cars became valuable is because so many were used.....as cars. Used up and worn out. The remaining examples are worth something. Currently, the newer "collectible" cars are bought as collectibles and kept garaged and wrapped in cotton. I'm not so sure we'll ever see the values on the current cars as we saw in the past. Of course, it took well over 30 years for the 1953 Corvette...I'm not sure I'll live long enough to see skyrocketing Viper values.

I did see your 1992 at Carlisle...good luck with the sale.
Matt,
Only about 200 Vipers made it for US sale vs. 300 Vets.
You did see the car at Carlisle. How would yor describe the condition?
Thanks,
Jack

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked this car over very closely at Carlisle, and it is as described, this is a very clean car in appearance and looks to need nothing. If I had the extra cash at this time it wouldn't be listed here, it would be in my garage:2tu:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, I did not study the car all that well...so I just can't give a detailed review. I was looking at the different Gen1s that were there for sale as I had just bought one. I only remembered it as the "Dana" car...otherwise I likely would not have known your car as "that" car. I do remember there were also a 94 and a 95....so if there were issues with one car or another....I doubt I would recall which was which. I do remember your car being a nice car.

My memory...perhaps faulty....was that closer to 300 1992s were built. (285 maybe?) Regardless, I do appreciate that 92 was the first year and the significance.

OP
OP
J

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, I did not study the car all that well...so I just can't give a detailed review. I was looking at the different Gen1s that were there for sale as I had just bought one. I only remembered it as the "Dana" car...otherwise I likely would not have known your car as "that" car. I do remember there were also a 94 and a 95....so if there were issues with one car or another....I doubt I would recall which was which. I do remember your car being a nice car.

My memory...perhaps faulty....was that closer to 300 1992s were built. (285 maybe?) Regardless, I do appreciate that 92 was the first year and the significance.
Hey Matt,
285 were built. 45 for export 14 for Canada and 24 for X production leaving about 200 for the US public.
Jack

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jax92, interested in buying a 1992...maybe thinking of parting with mine....like brand new and original owner....