1992 Viper FOR SALE very early built 92 $29,950

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOR SALE 1992 Dodge Viper. This is a very early 92 viper (27th car made and sold to the public). Own a piece of Viper history. Besides the radio it's all stock numbers matching motor and trans. Never been wrecked or repainted. Runs and drives great with the head gasket issue fixed (that's a big one for all 92 to 95 Gen 1 vipers). This is one of the very early '92s with a rare factory serial numbered hood. 92's are very cool becuase they have so many hand built one off parts. The hoods have serial numbers, the headlights are a one year only (that's one easy way to tell if a 92 has had front end damage if it has 93 to 02 headlights), one year only exhaust manifold.... and so on. They truely are a special collectable car.

The car is not perfect (none of the 92's are), but would make a great vehicle for someone to enjoy and you'll I don't think you'll ever lose money on it. I also don't think you'll find any cleaner 92's going for less. The miles are 69K. Drives like half that. I would get in this car and drive across the US without a worry. Brand new brakes, rotors, and fresh oil change done. Just need to be enjoyed.

Call or email me for more info. 360-604-0303 (Private Seller / Not a dealer) $29,950

I'm selling becuase I just don't drive it enough and somone should enjoy this car. It gets as many looks as any viper I've owned.

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/sho...hp?product=339

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL............. he says he doesnt drive it enough! (69k miles) but im not knocking it ive had my srt for 3 months and put 6k miles and its not an everyday driver!!!

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny guy!
That breaks down to 4,600 miles a year. Not bad for a 15 year car. :drive:

This will make someone a great car. I don't need to sell it so I will not be heart broken if I keep it.

LOL............. he says he doesnt drive it enough! (69k miles) but im not knocking it ive had my srt for 3 months and put 6k miles and its not an everyday driver!!!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Cody's house a couple of weeks ago and looked at this car. It's nice and obviously quite unique. It started easily and sounded great. I posted a video of it and his other cars on the RT10/GTS forum if you want to get a glimpse of it. I'd like to have it but I'll hold out for his FE. :)

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ugh...wish I could do it...just throw it in the garage and keep it. 92's...already a collector item...

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, I didn't think I was that over priced! Since I have only had 1 person call and not a sinlge person look at I must be over priced. The guy that called really wants a newer car and I didn't think this was the right car for him so it's still for sale.

What is the right price? Help me out here guys. At what point is it worth more in parts?

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't lower the price, its a fair price. You gotta think, people in the market for a viper are few and far between..People in the market for a 92 original is probably much, much less than that of people just wanting a viper in general. I see potential buyers for your car as only really being for collector reasons and not for putting tons of miles on.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't go any lower Cody, I think you have it priced just right. The miles may be killing the sale but who really knows. From what I have seen, the Gen1 cars take longer to sell no matter what condition they are in. Good luck.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Cody,

That's a great price for a car that's so collectible! I sure hope you don't lower that price.....dang, if I'd already paid off my project car, we'd be doing business!

Regards,
Aaron

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Cody - what was different with the 92 headlights as compared to the 93-02's?

BTW - Price seems like a STEAL to me! At that price - you should mothball it and save it as I would almost guarantee that you would have a hard time outperforming it with investments! With all the talk and discussion about the new Chrysler owners - can you imagine how the value would increase if the beancounters discontinued the Viper?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I don't have to sell, but I thought I would let someone enjoy it because I'm just not driving it much any more.

The headlights on the 92 have different markings on them. They are the only year that are like that and it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a set.

Cody - what was different with the 92 headlights as compared to the 93-02's?

BTW - Price seems like a STEAL to me! At that price - you should mothball it and save it as I would almost guarantee that you would have a hard time outperforming it with investments! With all the talk and discussion about the new Chrysler owners - can you imagine how the value would increase if the beancounters discontinued the Viper?

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since I'm getting next to zero real interest in the car lets try a new price.......

$26,995

Does that seem more in line?

I did have one person from this site contact me, but I didn't save his number so I'm hoping he calls me back. I have some time later this week so I'll take a bunch of close up shots of the car.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the price, I think its right!
If I would have the money, I would take it,,,

:2tu: 1992's are cool:2tu: , None like it, I'm sure it will be gone soon!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a buddy up here in canada that may be interested but if I recall right the pre 94's cant be imported in to Can. Ill find out though.

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the cover off today and got some pictures (hasn't even been washed!). After taking this car out for a drive I'm starting to think people are crazy..... this car is an awsome deal! To be real honest, I'm real surprized someone didn't jump on this deal. Again, I do not have to sale and thought I was doing someone a favor by letting it go for a great price $26,950. I guess I was wrong. Maybe I'll just be "stuck" with it!

DSC05604.JPG

DSC05612.JPG

DSC05609.JPG

DSC05617.JPG

DSC05620.JPG

DSC05623.JPG

DSC05627.JPG

DSC05633.JPG

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That breaks down to 4,600 miles a year. Not bad for a 15 year car. .......
........What is the right price? Help me out here guys. At what point is it worth more in parts?......

"Help me out here guys" is always a phrase that gets my reply......

From what I remember on this car it was a garage queen for 11-12 years, almost no miles. Later owner(s?) added 55,000 miles in maybe last 3 years? Your 10-months of ownership added maybe 100+ miles?

Priced at $26,995 it is not yet a parts car, but sad to see this one has somehow plummented so far. Is the CarFax tainted? The fog lens covers ($52 ea from Tator) are missing..... crash repaint? Post the vin and Ill run it for the greater good......I have the VIN # here somewhere.

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've put a few thousand miles on this car and it's been GREAT! It's a real solid car. Clean title, NO repaint, NEVER TRACKED, and never been in any accident. All numbers match. Previous owner bought it with 200 miles on it and drove it from SF to LA all the time. It was inspected by a viper tech and he said it's clean.

Thanks for your help Jon, but I'll pass on having you do anything for me.

BTW, I do have the fog lens cover, just haven't put them on yet (old ones just had to many miles on them). I got new ones from Tator Dodge (Chuck). He's does a great job and always gives me great service. Other good venders are Paul Sharf of http://www.donscharfautomotive.com/ and Larry of www.viperpartslarry.com.

"Help me out here guys" is always a phrase that gets my reply......

From what I remember on this car it was a garage queen for 11-12 years, almost no miles. Later owner(s) added 55,000 miles in maybe last 3 years? Your 10-months ownership added 100 miles?

Priced at $26,995 it is not yet a parts car, but sad to see this one has somehow plummented so far. Is the CarFax tainted? The fog lens covers ($52 ea from Tator) are missing..... crash repaint? Post the vin and Ill run it for the greater good......I have the VIN here somewhere.

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, you've set the price so low that people will automatically assume there's something wrong with the car. I'd go back to asking 30k. There aren't too many buyers for 92's with high miles, your problem isn't price it's finding a buyer--one will come along eventually, lowering the price won't make him show up any faster.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The miles dont worry me at all. I called my bank about it, but being a 92', they couldnt give me a very good interest rate and with me still owing on Viper #1, I decided to pass on it...even though I still think about pulling the trigger everyday

Lake Murray Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, you've set the price so low that people will automatically assume there's something wrong with the car. I'd go back to asking 30k. There aren't too many buyers for 92's with high miles, your problem isn't price it's finding a buyer--one will come along eventually, lowering the price won't make him show up any faster.

I agree. There is an *ss for every seat

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, you've set the price so low that people will automatically assume there's something wrong with the car. I'd go back to asking 30k.

I agree with this 100%. I was, and still am, looking for a steel grey/silver striped ACR and got an email from somebody that was selling one but the price was so low that I backed out! Car had low miles and the carfax checked out BUT he was asking an insanely low price so I walked.
Some may question the car if you go to low Cody. Why lose your ass if you don't have to?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth