1995 Viper Prep - Season 2

fed007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All, winter is almost over here in Alberta! (Snowed last night! - should be all melted tomorrow)

Nonetheless I am meticulously going through my car. This will be my second year enjoying this car, my affection just keeps on growing. Last year I blew about $2000 at the dealership for various things and decided to tool up and get my hands dirty this year. working on the car and learning the car is half the fun. OK maybe 25%.

Viper Prep - 2010

This spring I have put some larger rims. Went with the 18/19 inch 10 spoke wheels stock from another local viper owner - thx!

Next I crawled under the car to investigate a very small couple of drops of oil that develeoped last season.Turns out the oil pan was missing a bolt! and they were all loose. So I fixed that. Next I found some dripping coolant from the left rad drain plug. Tightened that up a bit too.

Today I pulled the airfilters and discovered dead leaves and grime caked up at the bottom of the filter... These engines must **** some serious air. How often are you guys cleaning / changing yours? I also dropped the oil for some new Mobil 1 10W30, after reading a million posts.

So now that my car is feeling like my gf who just left the spa. She still has a few issues to deal with - lol.

1) AC isn't working well.
2) Motor RPM drops near stall when clutching when coming to a stop.

What is strange is that last year I had a coolant issue and the dealer changed out the exhaust manifold gasket. (but I never had the low rpm stall issue) Soon after I picked up the car it developed this low rpm stall. I have done some reading here and saw cleaning the IAC... or changing it. (My last $300 bill for nothing at the dealer)

I have thought from day one that it had something to do with the throttle bodies and throttle cable set up. They had to take it off to do the manifold... Can you guys see any way for the throttle bodies to play a role in the car dropping to to low and idel then cycling to find normal idle?

Note that it idles fine after it is done hunting. and it idles fine on spec at 750 rpm when normmal start or sitting idling.

Neil

Last edited: