1995 Viper R/T10 won't start...

PX3 1995 V/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, Michigan United States of America
1995 Viper R/T10 won\'t start...

Last November, I took the battery out of the Viper for winter storage.... Come to find out now, thats not the thing to do because it lost its memory or something. It cranks over but will not run. I've done everything according to the service manual about this situation and still nothing. Also, the radio seems to be operating but there is no sound. Anybody with ideas about whats going on here is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time....

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: 1995 Viper R/T10 won\'t start...

When your Snake looses its' "brain" during battery loss, it must be put through a "re-learn" sequence, which essentially means:

1) start car and feather throttle to make sure engine keeps going (note: at this point, the car will not idle)

2) Drive around carefully for about 10 minutes

3) ****...you're done, car should idle now.

Radio? Hmmmm, might have blown a fuse in the amps (rear of car)?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alleycat,
Start over. Disconnect the battery again [I know it's a pain in the A$$] wait a few minutes and then connect it. Before you try to start it reset the alarm [on & off]. It has helped on other Vipers we've worked on. We call that PFM [I'll pm you with answer].
Hope this has helped? If it didn't, feel free to call me and maybe I can give you some more tips over phone?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Joe,
Alleycat said "it cranks over but will not run". A disconnect/reconnect may turn on what he needs to re-fire. If it fires up you will need to follow Jos's instructions to finish her wake-up.
BURNOUT.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 07-14-2002 at 02:19 PM</font>

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Check all your fuses too. I disconnected the battery of my 94 to install a stereo. When I connected the battery I had the door open and so the mirror light was drawing current. This caused the battery to spark when I connceted. Must have been enought to pop a fuse. Mine did the same thing (crank no start) I thought I screwed up the alarm. After 2 hrs of checking everything and replacing the key fob battery, I just checked the fuses. dumb me should have checked them in the first place as that was all it was!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235