1996 Dodge Viper Shelby Edition?

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car that was at Tators is owned by the newly appointed New England Region Technical Director Tim Cloutier. His car is a 1998, of which only 50 were produced. The Shelby editions were origionally just stock '96 RT/10's (50) and '98 GTS' (50) that were purchased through Fitzgerald Motorsports in Laconia, NH. There website is http://www.fitzmotorsports.com/ , there may be some more info buried in there. All of the '96's were White with full blue racing stripes, converted to side exhaust with the sills painted blue. Some motor work was conducted on both the RT/10's and the GTS's, which made them comparable to the Fitzgerald Snake 530 package.

Tim's GTS has been supercharged, fed by a Roe blower, running the Shelby Modified PCM and shorter than stock gears, I believe 3.55's. His car is Absolutely gorgeous and is used as it was meant to be with frequent autocrossing and Drag Racing.

7DSC06840-med.jpg

Hope that helps.

Nick

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Fitzgrald was a Shelby Dealer (GLHS's) and sold many Shelby Mustangs over the years. He sold several different "Shelby" Edition Vipers, most of which were cosmetic, but buyers could buy upgrades if they desired. The '96's where white, had a Shelby signature steering wheel, and wheels, different paint , and a few other goodys. Authorized by Shelby, but not "Made" by him. Fitzgerald did a few really need red RT's (painted a saphire red if remember right), sold only a couple. He did a coupe as well, I know he planned to sell 50, but not really sure if he sold that many.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum I dunno if you were there but one year at the e-town event I remember seeing one over at the pumps. Very nice viper!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235