1997 Blue/ White Heffner Supercharged GTS FOR SALE

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a very good condition 1997 Blue and White GTS with 14,*** miles. Paxton supercharger iwth air/water aftercooler was placed about 1,000 miles ago in March of 2005 by Jason Heffner. The system was used with about 5K miles on it at time of installation. The car has a BRAND NEW SRT gearbox and BRAND NEW rear end. It has an aftermarket cam/lifters/rockers along with ported heads. It dynoed at 534 rwhp on just the motor and 825 rwhp while at Jason's shop on 93 octane. It has an upgraded fuel system with larger injectors, upgraded aluminum radiator, oil catch can, VEC2, Unitrax severe duty half shafts, RPS clutch with lightened flywheel, 40mm rear calipers, Belanger headers, Borla catback, cat delete, shift light, HIDs, 18" Forgelines with Kuhmo V700 out back and brand new Kumho MXs out front. The car has only been serviced by Tom Sessions and Jason Heffner aside from some oil changes I performed myself. The only significant cosmetic defect is a tiny one inch tear on the driver side front fascia which can be repaired for 300 dollars. The car also comes with a transferable Added Care warranty through Dodge. The price is very fair and very firm. The car has a clean title and to the best of my knowledge, no prior accident history. Only serious inquires please. More pics of the car can be viewed at www.rpmexotics.com. The reason I'm selling is because I need the room in my garage for other acquisitions.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? You are literally selling your car with 1000 HP for only a $10k premium? I'm no expert on mods, but sheet that seems like a steal. Amazing car!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did the "1000 HP" number come from? It's listed on that page. What am I missing here? It dynoed 825.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did the "1000 HP" number come from? It's listed on that page. What am I missing here? It dynoed 825.

825 rear wheel horsepower equals 1000 flywheel horsepower assuming a 17.5% drivetrain loss.

where is the blower in that car?????????????? what brand???

Yeah, I was thinking the samething. I don't see no blower. Perhaps the engine pic was taken before the blower?

Mark

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

825 rear wheel horsepower equals 1000 flywheel horsepower assuming a 17.5% drivetrain loss.

Keyword: ASSUMING.

Most stick cars usually lose 15% through the drivetrain. And since the car was never dynoed at the flywheel, it is just a GUESS, and a rounded up GUESS at that. Don't say it has 1000 flywheel horsepower, unless you have dynoed it at the flywheel. Just say it has 825 rear wheel horsepower and leave it at that. 825 RWHP is a respectable number. There's no need to give an inflated ESTIMATE of flywheel horsepower to sell the car. The car is a good deal with 825 RWHP. Not 1000 ESTIMATED.

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Keyword: ASSUMING.

Most stick cars usually lose 15% through the drivetrain. And since the car was never dynoed at the flywheel, it is just a GUESS, and a rounded up GUESS at that. Don't say it has 1000 flywheel horsepower, unless you have dynoed it at the flywheel. Just say it has 825 rear wheel horsepower and leave it at that. 825 RWHP is a respectable number. There's no need to give an inflated ESTIMATE of flywheel horsepower to sell the car. The car is a good deal with 825 RWHP. Not 1000 ESTIMATED.

Dude,

Settle down. :rolleyes: The pics are prior to the supercharger installed and yes on the website the 1000 hp IS an estimate at the motor for some people who may not understand RWHP. If you want specifics then.... 825/.85= 970 HP at the crank if using a 15% drivetrain loss. A little racing gas and some increased boost will get you more if you want a dyno queen. The car is tuned for daily use and minimal headaches. Call Jason Heffner if you want specifics about the install and I believe it is still under his 12 month warranty until 3/06. It is a Paxton with an air to water aftercooler.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is that on the website you don't have "estimated 1000 HP" but you have "1000 HP." It's very misleading. With the lightened flywheel, lightened half-shafts etc. I bet you are less than 15% drivetrain loss. I'd be amazed if you dynoed 950 flywheel horsepower, let alone the claim of 1000.

Why not just tell the truth? It has 825 RWHP. Leave it at that. It's a badass car.

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My point is that on the website you don't have "estimated 1000 HP" but you have "1000 HP." It's very misleading. With the lightened flywheel, lightened half-shafts etc. I bet you are less than 15% drivetrain loss. I'd be amazed if you dynoed 950 flywheel horsepower, let alone the claim of 1000.

Why not just tell the truth? It has 825 RWHP. Leave it at that. It's a badass car.

To limit any confusion, I'll get the heading updated. Point taken. ;)

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

where is the blower in that car?????????????? what brand???

Yeah, I was thinking the samething. I don't see no blower. Perhaps the engine pic was taken before the blower?

Mark

Yep, you are right... sorry, I posted an older pic. New pic (with the blower on it) is online now...

Changed it to 825 rwhp for the sticklers. ERDOC will now be fielding calls from tire kickers asking what the heck "rwhp" is :)

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anaconda,

Gee, thanks so much for your clarification. I was so confused about the cars power. The description was so MISLEADING.

You are an anal [******]. Grow up, people with your perception are a waste of everyones time.

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont see the good deal anywhere in that price ? sorry
40k car with used bolt ons for 62k ????????
how about i buy a bone stock one for 40k give paolo 20k for his top notch TT system and pay 4k to my back yard mechanic to tune the car and install the TT kit to a true 1000++ rwhp , that does not eat belts and perform's the same everyday without having to tighten the belt every week.
now thats a good deal ....

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about i buy a bone stock one for 40k give paolo 20k for his top notch TT system and pay 4k to my back yard mechanic to tune the car and install the TT kit to a true 1000++ rwhp , that does not eat belts and perform's the same everyday without having to tighten the belt every week.

Ok, do it then!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Show us a used blue/white in excellent condition with under 15k miles on it for $40k, and you'll have about a million buyers in two seconds (not to mention one with an Added Care Dodge warranty on it).

This one has close to $20k in motor work by Woodhouse, and a Paxton supercharger on top of that.

On a side note, how come you are Mike-HKS? HKS is a Japanese tuner, and you had a Z06... just curious as to the connection. I used to have a Supra with a bunch of HKS parts on it, didn't know they made stuff for American cars as well.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anaconda,

Gee, thanks so much for your clarification. I was so confused about the cars power. The description was so MISLEADING.

You are an anal [******]. Grow up, people with your perception are a waste of everyones time.

Hey, whatever. The fact is, the car has never dynoed 1000 HP. Ever.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anaconda,

Hey, whatever. The fact is, the car has never dynoed 1000 HP. Ever.

You are correct in absolute terms. But, if a car dynos at 825 rwhp on 93 octane, I don't think it's a stretch for it to dyno 850 on more aggressive tuning and higher octane. Kinda like how you would make an extra 1 rwhp if you removed your $4 cupholder (was it really $4? Or $3.79? You have to be careful not to be misleading ) ;)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct in absolute terms. But, if a car dynos at 825 rwhp on 93 octane, I don't think it's a stretch for it to dyno 850 on more aggressive tuning and higher octane.

I agree, however that isn't the case here.

You want to bet that if you dyno the car, and it lays down 825 RWHP, that if you remove the engine, and then dyno the engine, that it will put down 1000 HP? If so, I want some of that wager.

By the way, you forgot the sales tax on the cupholder.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want to bet that if you dyno the car, and it lays down 825 RWHP, that if you remove the engine, and then dyno the engine, that it will put down 1000 HP? If so, I want some of that wager.

By the way, you forgot the sales tax on the cupholder.

Huh? All I'm saying is that if you add higher octane fuel and adjust timing, you'll get more HP easily. Probably enough to meet your stringent requirements. Who said anything about removing an engine to dyno it? What have you been drinking out of that cupholder of yours, I want some ;)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How else are you going to measure flywheel horsepower unless the engine is removed from the car?

I could add race gas and add timing to my car to get more power, but since I haven't done that, I don't make claims as to what the car MIGHT do.

You guys are totally missing the point. I think the car is a good deal. It has 825 RWHP, which is impressive. All I am saying is that I don't think it has 1000 HP at the crank. I think the way it was listed was bogus and wrong.

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, how come you are Mike-HKS? HKS is a Japanese tuner, and you had a Z06... just curious as to the connection. I used to have a Supra with a bunch of HKS parts on it, didn't know they made stuff for American cars as well.

always had import cars,back in the days early 90's 300zxt , 300zxtt, supras with most parts from HKS, then dropped out 2 years chilled for a while , bought the z06 had alot of fun with it , sold it, now taking a break again untill i find another nice ride debating between a GTS ,or a 911tt
i use mike-hks in all forums ,

i have a couple of friends with viper , thats why i come in once in a while

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score

always had import cars,back in the days early 90's 300zxt , 300zxtt, supras with most parts from HKS, then dropped out 2 years chilled for a while , bought the z06 had alot of fun with it , sold it, now taking a break again untill i find another nice ride debating between a GTS ,or a 911tt
i use mike-hks in all forums ,

i have a couple of friends with viper , thats why i come in once in a while

Please buy the 911tt. I'd hate to be put through reading a post like this again....

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how about i buy a bone stock one for 40k ....

Mike, its obvious that you have been gone for a while. Those B/W's with 10k-15k in great shape are bringing closer to 50k than 40k. I doubt that there is another similar high HP car, low mileage car that is available anywhere for 62k. This car is one of the best priced modded cars advertised anywhere. This car will not last long before it sells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper