1997 Viper GTS Alarm NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by 007alevine, Oct 5, 2009.

1. 007alevine

007alevine Viper Owner

My only remote broke (original stock) and my Viper is stuck on a side stree because I cannot deactivate the alram. I can get in thru the rear window but the car does not start. Does anyone know a way to deactivate the alarm once you are inside the vehicle??? THANKS!!!

2. sniper1

sniper1 Viper Owner

I'm not certain but I'm thinking you need a tow truck and a reputable Dodge dealer to help you out. I've never been without a spare remote. There was one time one of my remotes had an issue and wouldn't work. So all I did was reset it by holding it right over the car near the driver's mirror and holding down BOTH buttons lock/unlock untill it sounded the horn and VIOLA :2tu:
    sorry I couldn't be more help
    Good luck

3. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member - Great Lakes

SORRY, but as you have NO history here, NO useful facts in your stats...it's hard for me to differentiate between real owners and "the field"...therefore, I personally cannot give out useful info concerning the anti-theft system.

If we knew your location, name, verifiable contact info...maybe we could direct you to a local solution.

P.S. I wrote the "sticky" near the top of this section for a REAL reason:

"ATTENTION: ALL Viper Owners...PLEASE... "

4. sniper1

sniper1 Viper Owner

I agree thats why they only got info with remotes which have to belong to that particular car... ;)

5. uvbnbit

uvbnbit Viper Owner

Been a lot of that lately. You can't be too careful about that kind of info. Sorry :dunno: