1997 Viper GTS Alarm NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE

007alevine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only remote broke (original stock) and my Viper is stuck on a side stree because I cannot deactivate the alram. I can get in thru the rear window but the car does not start. Does anyone know a way to deactivate the alarm once you are inside the vehicle??? THANKS!!!

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not certain but I'm thinking you need a tow truck and a reputable Dodge dealer to help you out. I've never been without a spare remote. There was one time one of my remotes had an issue and wouldn't work. So all I did was reset it by holding it right over the car near the driver's mirror and holding down BOTH buttons lock/unlock untill it sounded the horn and VIOLA :2tu:
sorry I couldn't be more help
Good luck

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
SORRY, but as you have NO history here, NO useful facts in your stats...it's hard for me to differentiate between real owners and "the field"...therefore, I personally cannot give out useful info concerning the anti-theft system.

If we knew your location, name, verifiable contact info...maybe we could direct you to a local solution.

P.S. I wrote the "sticky" near the top of this section for a REAL reason:

"ATTENTION: ALL Viper Owners...PLEASE... "

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SORRY, but as you have NO history here, NO useful facts in your stats...it's hard for me to differentiate between real owners and "the field"...therefore, I personally cannot give out useful info concerning the anti-theft system.

If we knew your location, name, verifiable contact info...maybe we could direct you to a local solution.

P.S. I wrote the "sticky" near the top of this section for a REAL reason:

"ATTENTION: ALL Viper Owners...PLEASE... "

I agree thats why they only got info with remotes which have to belong to that particular car... ;)