1998 Viper GTSR On Ebay !

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was curious about the GTS window sticker, so I tried to run a Carfax, and it isn't a valid VIN. That's interesting.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was curious about the GTS window sticker, so I tried to run a Carfax, and it isn't a valid VIN. That's interesting.

Not surprising. Carfax keys off of title changes, serivce records, ect. This car would have had none of that with the possible exception of one title change, the initial owner, that is if it is not a dealership.... No need to run a carfax on a car with 54 miles in my opinion.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to run a carfax on a car with 54 miles in my opinion.

Well, that's what sets us apart. 54 miles is plenty of time to be involved in a theft, a flood, a crash, etc.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to run a carfax on a car with 54 miles in my opinion.

Well, that's what sets us apart. 54 miles is plenty of time to be involved in a theft, a flood, a crash, etc.

Well do not worry then because Carfax did exactly what a 54 mile car would do, pull nothing.... I would bet the car has never even had plates put on it.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn. That car is absolute jaw dropping beautiful. Can someone lend me some money... :shocked:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The description states "still on factory MSO" therefore this car has never been titled so it will not show up on carfax.

I am sure I saw this car in a wreck a few years ago so don't bother bidding on it, I will just buy it for spare parts for my GT2. If any of the parts on it are any good that is!

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are both my cars on ebay. I bought both from Greg Nelson. The GTS-R was delivered from the factory to Nelson auto group and he sold both cars to me last year when he sold off his collection. The GTS-R has never been wrecked ,dinged, scratched, flooded, crushed , pooped on , mutilated, sexually violated (although I have caressed it a few times), struck by lightning, hit by a tornado, swarmed on by killer bees , drowned by a tsunami or driven By Randy Moss the Raiders wide receiver. It went from the factory to Greg's warehouse to mine. GEEEEEEEZZ

You guys really crack me up. Here is the VIN again I may have entered it incorrectly on ebay it is my first time selling a car on ebay. 1B3ER69E0W401008. I am selling because I have over 30 cars in my collection and I am losing a warehouse in October and I either have to sell some cars or obtain another warehouse. I don't want to sell either car and probably won't. I am selling some Porsche's and muscle cars before I sell the Vipers. I have never run a car fax on the car it is still on the MSO and I trusted Greg. I have owned and raced vipers since the mid 90s and examined the car and it is flawless.

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car Les! I cannot afford the car at this time, but if by chance you still have it next year (after July), give me a call. My income will significantly improve after I complete residency, which will allow me to expand my Viper collection. On the list are a GTS-R and a comp coupe-

Cheers,

Shawn

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The description states "still on factory MSO" therefore this car has never been titled so it will not show up on carfax.

I am sure I saw this car in a wreck a few years ago so don't bother bidding on it, I will just buy it for spare parts for my GT2. If any of the parts on it are any good that is!

Darn, GTS-R 001, what a great collection of Vipers....What do you do for a living??? Rob Banks???? :confused:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]What do you do for a living??? Rob Banks???? :confused:

[/QUOTE]
Very nice!! That is the kind of question that little kids at car shows would ask, not a grown(?) man.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Les,

Just jokin with the wreck comment. I remember both those cars from the Nelson collection $112K for the GT2 and 54K for the RT/10 is what I remember Greg asking for those two cars. The GT2 is new as new gets, still on MSO, mine is also on MSO still. Good luck on the sale!

Rollin4, no bank robbing, just hard work, thanks for the comment on the collection.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Les,

Just jokin with the wreck comment. I remember both those cars from the Nelson collection $112K for the GT2 and 54K for the RT/10 is what I remember Greg asking for those two cars. The GT2 is new as new gets, still on MSO, mine is also on MSO still. Good luck on the sale!

Rollin4, no bank robbing, just hard work, thanks for the comment on the collection.

I guess IEATVETS has no sense of humor about the bank thing. I will reserve my comments about his remarks......Glad you understand nothing was meant by it, it is a bunch of valueable and rare Vipers. Really it is a beautiful collection.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew you guys were kidding which is why I threw in the killer Bee's comment. But I thought I would make a post in case others quickly read through the posts and didn't see it was intended for humor and before you know it the cars on ebay are the flood salvage title cars. LOL

You must have got the good guy insider price on the GT2 when you called Greg. I sold two late model mustangs today and I think a Porsche so hopefully the vipers will stay where they are.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come people call these GT2 Vipers GTS/R, they are just bagded with GTS/R? The GTS/R is a totally different Viper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra