1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1BADGTS...please explain

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by Free2go, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

2. TRH1962

TRH1962 Viper Owner

That was sweettttttttt

3. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

All I hear are crickets from the doom and gloom crowd when the Z06 was announced.

Oddly those trolls are no where to be found.

4. Texas1

Texas1 Viper Owner

This was great to see!!!

5. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Enthusiast

I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised at that outcome, however, I am pleased to see it. Does the TA 2.0 have even more aggressive gearing?

6. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

I can likely guess most of his response.

"That Nine Ball is a driving mofo! What if we put Evan Smith or any of the other 20 guys I name-drop behind the steering wheel, THEN we would see some real results. Then I'd have McMullen Argus make an article on the race, and you Viper guys would LEARN THE HARD WAY not to mess with the Z06! Listen guys, I HAVE INSIDER information and I KNOW that these C6Z's are so much faster than these Gen 5 Vipers. You guys needed NINE BALL to beat the Z06."

:)

7. Texas1

Texas1 Viper Owner

Lol!!! :rolaugh:

8. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

you forgot he was on site during testing of the Z06 and personally witnessed via his best friend Evan Smith it doing 10's in reverse

9. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

10. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

I think it's a pretty fair conclusion that Nineball has single handedly performed more positive marketing for the GenV than the folks that manufactured it.

11. 05Commemorative

05Commemorative Viper Owner

Nothing? No response at all from him? Usually very responsive, so maybe on vacation.

12. 1BADGTS

1BADGTS Enthusiast

BEYOND TOTAL BS .You need the same driver (pro level )driving BOTH CARS SAME DAY SAME TRACK( Keep dreaming guys )The day iam permitted to reveal the heads up comparasion RESULTS (Z06 verses ZR-1 )I WILL POST THEM. Accordingly EVERY TIME NineBall has a comment i will direct him back to this exact thread

13. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

Unless the car mag tests are by two manual tranny cars, with the same tires,and for more than one or two laps or more than one quarter mile run, it is they that are BS. In the real world, road course runs at track day events are 25 minutes or more and drag races do not involve just one run. One or two lap results are meaningless. So, as I asked you in the other thread, post the data regarding how many laps and/or how many quarter mile runs were done and by which car - manual or auto. All of the Road Atlanta testing was one or two laps. And that is what two of the drivers who were there told me.

The auto version is going to beat the stock Gen V in the quarter mile. No question. But if both cars are hotlapped, the Vette will heatsoak faster.

On a road course, over a duration of 25 minutes or more, the TA will beat the Z06.

The only way you will prove this wrong is to produce evidence of a 25 minute or more run by both cars with the same tires - same day, same weather conditions with a driver who has as much experience driving both cars and is capable of driving both at their limits and who is not a chicken s*** and not overly dependent on nannytech.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  14. DDoug

DDoug Enthusiast

when Motor Trend posts it?????

delusional

15. emericr

emericr Enthusiast

That was great work completed by Nineball and I agree great advertising for the Viper nation.

16. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

I really don't know if an auto would win, in some of these races it wasn't even close, I was shocked as can be at how dominant this was. 7 wins, in every possible way, this is not driver related, etc. as 1Bad contends, the car is just over-hyped, over-teched, and got solidly spanked by 20th century muscle.

Now of course they will resort to the "pulley and chip" change to finally win, but then we're not apples apples, and we can bring a SC viper to the dance that would spank the socks off this car.

Nice work and nice driving, and the car rags will say this never happened.

17. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

There is no guarantee that the automatic C7 Z06 will beat me. Here is how I did against another popular car, which routinely runs high 10s and traps 127-128 mph traps. With a PDK dual-clutch automatic. I'm just glad that after the race, nobody told the Porsche that they had to shift faster. LOL. On the highway, the Porsche might even be faster than the C7Z automatic...

http://youtu.be/eb_Xh5wAFfs

18. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

1BADGTS is under double secret NDA!

19. Camfab

Camfab Viper Owner

Nice win for sure, it'll be interesting to see if this car is an anomoly. As far as a pulley goes, in theory this blower is already being spun hard. I guess time will tell.

20. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

troll.jpg

21. ViperDC

ViperDC Enthusiast

LOL that is spot on

22. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

Thats such a great picture, that just cracks me up.

23. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

24. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

Wow 9, you made the Hitler video too? You are the MAN, I laughed my butt off there. You see how much press you are getting off this race? VERY nice publicity, Dodge should give you some kind of award, or a free Gen 5 or something, you've single-handedly sold several vipers and put a big thorn in the vette fanboy army, that thread over there is awesome.

We all thank you!

25. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Viper Owner

This is the best stuff i have seen on here since the post years ago about "He got schooled by me", a farse that backfired on him. LMAO and I love the Vette forums replies on all this too. Nice runs in the video and a great post.

26. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

At this point, it seems obvious that the Corvette/GM director of Internet and social media marketing may be having a nervous breakdown over the video and sending groupie schills out to slander/defame people who dare to question one or two lap magazine results that have nothing to do with reality and have not even been published yet.

The two cars are close in stats. The Viper weighs less. The result is well within what should or could have occurred. Tony has always been fair and balanced in his comments with respect to all cars. The emotion in the poster's post suggests a need for a psychiatric intervention and some meds. I feel sorry for whoever it is.

27. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

I don't believe I've witnessed a troll slaying quite like this....since Kratedisease :D

28. VRYALT3R3D

VRYALT3R3D Enthusiast

More like PeterMJ. Kratedisease actually owns a 2013 Viper.

29. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

I know that. And your analogy is better I suppose.

30. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Viper Owner

Ole Krate, whatever happened to that ole boy? Bison burgers, Octagon ring, Topic by BOB etc.