2000 RT/10 Detail

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is our most recent VCA victim :nunu:

Adrian dropped his Viper off to us over this past weekend. Since we have a few weeks before he needs it back, we decided to take a step by step process for you guys to see every move we make during a standard detail.

Day 1: 2 bucket wash & clay treatment

You must be registered for see images attach

Unfortunately, I received a wash as well :omg:. My girlfriend, who was taking the pictures, wouldn't stop laughing at me! The weather here in NY has been horrible so there wasn't much we could do with all the rain.

As soon as we were done washing the Viper with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo, we pulled it inside to dry it down. Once it was dry, we quick detailed the exterior using Adam's Detail Spray before claying the Viper with Adam's Detailing Clay Bar.

At first, my girlfriend wasn't sure if the Viper needed a clay. After doing the entire car, she quickly made her mind up. Adam's Detailing Clay Bar doesn't lie! :D

I noticed an imperfection on the hood that will need some polishing in order to be removed. This will be taken care of during the next write up I post. :deal:

So untill next time...

Nick from Synergy Detailing

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Day 2: Adam's 3 Step, Americana Paste Wax, wheel/exhaust polishing, and tire conditioning.

When we got back to the shop, we removed the plastic cover that was protecting the car from dust and got straight to work. We started off by focusing on an imperfection that was on the hood. In order for this to be taken cared of, it was going to need "Adam's 3 step process" which includes Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover (Orange), Adam's Fine Machine Polish (White) and Adam's Machine Super Wax (Black).

Remember that scratch from that last write up?? After 2 passes with SHR, 1 pass with FMP and 1 pass with MSW, here is what we ended up with... ;)

Before moving on to the next step, I noticed another small imperfection towards the rear end of the Viper that we took out using the same process...

Once all of the noticeable imperfections were taken cared of, we went on to top the car off with Adam's Americana Paste Wax. While using Adam's convenient applicator pads, we layered a very thin coat of wax across the entire finish doing a small area at a time.

After we finished with the paint on the Viper, we moved onto other exterior accessories. We started off by polishing the wheels using Adam's 2 step Metal Polish.

We also used Adam's 2 step Metal Polish on the exhaust of the Viper...

Once the wheels and exhaust were polished up, we went on to conditioning the tires using Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing.

After a few hours of work and a whole lot of shining, we pulled it outside to take a look at what we were able to accomplish so far. Fortunately for us, it wasn't raining like it was yesterday so we were able to snap a "teaser" picture of the exterior for you guys... :2tu:

Pictures of the final product will be posted the weekend of June 4th/5th. Stay tuned for the 3rd and final write up coming ASAP! :eater:

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! Your 01 Viper will look amazing after a proper detail. Any questions you have, just let me know! AJ (Junkman), will also be able to help you out, maybe more than myself! :lmao: Stay tuned for more :drive:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice work!
2thumbs.gif

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry about the delay, next stuff will be right out!

You need to step up and get a Flex if you're gonna be doin that much paint correction! I need to get up to your shop, or you down to mine this summer!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have one question...why would you use metal polish on clearcoated wheels? Isn't that a bit caustic for that use? If those are stock 2000 wheels...they are clearcoated. (Perhaps they were stripped, etc?)

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have one question...why would you use metal polish on clearcoated wheels? Isn't that a bit caustic for that use? If those are stock 2000 wheels...they are clearcoated. (Perhaps they were stripped, etc?)

Sorry for the delayed response! I wasn't aware that these wheels are clear coated at the time. The 2 step Metal polish actually has no benefit to wheels that are clear coated. Also, it shouldn't cause any harm to the wheels either. To get the true shine out of these wheels, you will most likely perform the same process on them as you would to the clear coat on the paint. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the delay, next stuff will be right out!

You need to step up and get a Flex if you're gonna be doin that much paint correction! I need to get up to your shop, or you down to mine this summer!

Sounds like a plan to me!

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With no further delay, here are a few pictures of the final product. Enjoy! :2tu:

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those guys did a phenominal job of detailing. Not to be a spoil sport but the wet look tires look awesome for a show but I have found nothing that does not sling even tho the different quality manufacturers guarantee no sling. I've tried em all. Turbo Wax told me i was putting too much on. Not the case. The best tire black results I have found is to use "Back to Black". No shiney look but keeps tires dark. If you took the "wet look" tires away out of the majority of these pictures the cars would still look good but drive it for a few miles at highway speed and then post some pictures of the "greasy sling streaks" along the sides and quarter panels. The look is worth a million bucks but the sling and cleaning after one trip isn't worth it especially if you're a fanatic.
Anyone else care to clue me in on a wet look that doesn't sling the oils all over the sides of their car? I don't believe there is one. I've thrown away more tire shines than I care to admit. I don't buy the cheap stuff and I have Adams, Turbo Wax, Meguires just to name a few.
Love the look but not the mess after driving a few miles.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those guys did a phenominal job of detailing. Not to be a spoil sport but the wet look tires look awesome for a show but I have found nothing that does not sling even tho the different quality manufacturers guarantee no sling. I've tried em all. Turbo Wax told me i was putting too much on. Not the case. The best tire black results I have found is to use "Back to Black". No shiney look but keeps tires dark. If you took the "wet look" tires away out of the majority of these pictures the cars would still look good but drive it for a few miles at highway speed and then post some pictures of the "greasy sling streaks" along the sides and quarter panels. The look is worth a million bucks but the sling and cleaning after one trip isn't worth it especially if you're a fanatic.
Anyone else care to clue me in on a wet look that doesn't sling the oils all over the sides of their car? I don't believe there is one. I've thrown away more tire shines than I care to admit. I don't buy the cheap stuff and I have Adams, Turbo Wax, Meguires just to name a few.
Love the look but not the mess after driving a few miles.

Follow up behind the application with an old microfiber to take off any extra gloss that you applied. This should reduce a lot of "slinging".

Last edited: