2002 ACR Detail - Phase II

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Continued from Phase I:

http://forums.viperclub.org/viper-detailing-tips-tricks/631273-2002-acr-detail-phase-i.html

Phase II
Engine Bay Detail

ACR Decal Replacement
Polish

Engine Bay Detail:

I started some of the engine bay detail when I had the car up on jack stands then finished it off after I put the wheels back on and put the car back on the floor.

Plastics and Rubber Surfaces - 303 Aerospace Protectant
Aluminum - Collinite 850 Metal Wax
Painted Steel - Duragloss 501

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper ACR Decal Replacement:

The decal is an OEM ACR decal that was damaged when I purchased the car. Big thanks to Chuck Tator and Neil-UK for getting me the decals at a great price.
Before:

I put on some painter's tape before removing the decal so I could make sure I put it on in the exact same spot. Next I removed the old decal. To remove the glue I used Klasse All-In-One. It did a great job removing the glue and I didn't have to worry about damaging the paint with a solvent.

Before putting on the decal I did a 50% water 50% Isopropyl Alcohol wipe down on the area the decal was going on.

I only had to replace the decal on the driver's side so I still have an extra one in case I need it in the future.

Paint Polish:

Polish - Menzerna PO85RD using Flex and 6" Kompressor Lite Cutting & Jeweling pads.

It been over a year since I polished the car but it didn't have any swirl marks. It did have a few light scratches. I wasn't going to polish it at all then I thought I might as well polish the hard to get to body panel parts on the bottom of the car. while I had it up on jack stands.

Since I had polished the bottom of the body panels and thought I might as well remove a few light scratched and jewel up the paint.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Polish_CO4.jpg

On most of the back I used a PC with a 4" LC lite cutting pad. A 6" pad is just to big to hit most of the spots on the back.

What's Next???? Phase III of course

Phase III
Interior Detail
LSP

To be continued since only 25 pictures are allowed in a single thread:

Last edited:

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks incredible. I've looked through all your Phases on this and you did a great job!

On a side note, is that a C6 under the cover in the garage?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>What's Next???? Phase III of course<<<

NEW TIRES.

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Looks incredible. I've looked through all your Phases on this and you did a great job!

On a side note, is that a C6 under the cover in the garage?

It a 2008 Z06. I just finished polishing it yesterday. I still need to put some wax on it. It had a lot of little scratches that I wanted to get out. Black paint always shows every little thing. Here's a couple of pics of the bare paint after polishing before it's waxed.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm blown away by the masking off.

If you don't mask it off it's easy to mar up badges, trim and weather stripping with the polisher. It’s much better to be safe than sorry. It also saves you from trying to clean the polish off the non painted parts with you're done. The blue painter’s tape works well. A lot of people even use it to tape up the nose of their cars at the track to prevent rock chips.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you use on your Vette? Looks great.

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

It a 2008 Z06. I just finished polishing it yesterday. I still need to put some wax on it. It had a lot of little scratches that I wanted to get out. Black paint always shows every little thing. Here's a couple of pics of the bare paint after polishing before it's waxed.

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments guys. They are much appreciated.

What did you use on your Vette? Looks great.

I used Menzerna PO85RD polish with both Lake County Kompressor lite cutting and jeweling pads on a Metabo Rotary polisher.

It had been 2 years since I last polished this car. It was starting to get a lot of lite scratches but nothing too bad. Black paint always shows every little defect in direct sunlight or street lights at night and they were starting to bug me.

I had previously polished the car when it was new. It The dealer had managed to scratch and swirl up the paint more in the short time they had than I did in 2 years. One thing I have learn is never let a dealer wash your car unless you want your paint swirled up.

Menzerna PO85RD is a great finishing polish and really jewels up the paint.

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments Tito TS and Newport Viper. I know both you guys know how much work it takes to correct paint defects.

Here's a pic of the black paint after polishing with Menzerna PO85RD and a couple of coats of Wolfgang Fuzion:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely sick work! Both cars are very impressive. You should probably offer classes in your spare time. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62