2007 24' Haulmark trailer listed in classifieds

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for an enclosed car hauler to haul their car to VOI, I just listed a 2007 24' Haulmark hauler in the classifieds. 24' give you lots of extra room for tires and other equiptment. It is white with large custom Viper SRT-10 and Fangs logos on both sides.

Thanks,

Sterling

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to hate myself for not getting that. It's just what I've been looking for but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on getting a tow vehicle.

I love the Viper logos.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn! I just got back on Monday from picking up a new Haulmark in Indiana just like yours minus the neat decals!:(

Robert

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is very tempting, I been looking for trailers all week. Yours is very nice. What is the weight of it? I gotta make sure my truck can tow it, I just bought a new truck, but am probably going to wind up selling it for soemthing that can tow a lot more.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another question:

How big a truck/SUV to pull something like that? I've got a 4x4 Navigator with a tow package and self-leveling suspension...that's probably not enough though is it?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question: I don't see a door on the left side of the trailer to allow the Viper door to open once loaded. How to you get in and out of the Viper?

If you don't have a side door on the trailer, there are only two options; climb through the window or winch it in/out.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't have a side door on the trailer, there are only two options; climb through the window or winch it in/out.

That's what I was afraid of.

I had someone suggest the other day that you could back a car into a trailer to use a right side trailer door. My first thought is that the load won't be properly balanced. What do the trailer pros think?

Second issue, driving vs winching in backwards is probably difficult at best. Is it a realistic option?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another question:

How big a truck/SUV to pull something like that? I've got a 4x4 Navigator with a tow package and self-leveling suspension...that's probably not enough though is it?

I'm guessing it's a 10,000 lb GVWR (gross weight rating). In actuality, the trailer is probably around 3,500 lbs. (maybe a little less) and the Viper is about the same, so actual weight will be around 7,000 lbs. as long as you don't load up the trailer with a lot of other stuff (like 50 gal. fuel cans). If you check your owner's manual it will tell you what the towing capacity is for your vehicle.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another question:

What year Navigator is it? Check what the towing capacity is, then find out the weight of the trailer + the weight of the car.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of.

I had someone suggest the other day that you could back a car into a trailer to use a right side trailer door. My first thought is that the load won't be properly balanced. What do the trailer pros think?

Second issue, driving vs winching in backwards is probably difficult at best. Is it a realistic option?

The location of the factory right side door will never line up with the Viper door, so backing in doesn't help. Winching the car in is a piece of cake. Alternatively, you can have a driver's side door installed at a good trailer shop for around $600 (give or take). PM me for contacts if you go this route.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a 22ft Pace with a 54" escape door (side Door) it is 24" on center. weighs #3700lbs.
You can, and I have driven the Viper into an enclosed trailer held a towel out the door to protect it up against the inside of the trailer wall and opened it enough to squeese out the small opening with the window down.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Venomiss

The location of the factory right side door will never line up with the Viper door, so backing in doesn't help. Winching the car in is a piece of cake. Alternatively, you can have a driver's side door installed at a good trailer shop for around $600 (give or take). PM me for contacts if you go this route.

How long does a door installation take?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long does a door installation take?

Well, of course it depends on the back log of any particular shop, but I just had some major work done on a trailer and it only took about 3 days. I'm guessing a door install would only take a day or two, but the total time depends on how long it will take for them to start it. One shop I know in NC is pretty big and can really crank out a lot of stuff in a short period of time.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question: I don't see a door on the left side of the trailer to allow the Viper door to open once loaded. How to you get in and out of the Viper?

I tried my Viper in my new trailer last night for the first time.:D This trailer does NOT have the side exit door. :( Well, all I can say is it is VERY tight to get in and out. I ended up standing on the seat in my bare feet and then climbed out the window! :rolleyes: Even at that I was having a difficult time.

Granted, I am 6' 2" but either way.....:eater:

Robert

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried my Viper in my new trailer last night for the first time.:D This trailer does NOT have the side exit door. :( Well, all I can say is it is VERY tight to get in and out. I ended up standing on the seat in my bare feet and then climbed out the window! :rolleyes: Even at that I was having a difficult time.

Robert

You SO need to get a picture of your car in your avatar...that thing is GORGEOUS! :D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Robert

I'm not the most nimble of people so I read you loud and clear - get a drivers side trailer door.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys just get a vert and you'll have no trouble climbing out with the top down. Who wants a roof anyways? ;)

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tell that to F1 and Indycar. Verts track well.

You're right, I phrased that wrong.

I love having my vert at the track and I pass just about everyone out there who isn't running full out race prepped car. But few tracks take verts without some sort of after market roll bar and arm restraint system. It's just much safer and easier to track a coupe.

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 20' Haulmark with bench, cabinets, tire racks, etc. It is 3800 lbs empty. I installed a generator and compressor. My car is 2850 lbs and I carry two additional sets of wheels/tires, jack and stands, some brake rotors, tool box, and miscellaneous parts to the track.

I tow it with a 2000 Navigator 4x4 (tow package, self-leveling, posi, every option) a 1,000 lb weight distribution hitch, etc and it is unsafe at any speed! Tow capacity is rated 8200 lbs and I am pretty sure I am right there. It wanders like a pig just trying to go straight. When anything passes at a higher rate of speed it jumps out of its lane from the aero push. When going past a truck or bus, it pushes you sideways like crazy (think holding the wheel at a 45 degree angle just to stay going straight, and then when your front end just gets past the front of the truck/buses front end, quickly correcting to keep from driving into the truck!). The trailer drives the Navigator, you are just in there trying to stay out in front of the trailer. Don't do it!

Go get a cheap used long wheelbase pickup for towing, with gas at $4 + per gallon, I'll bet you could pick up a nice crew cab for not much more than how much the cost of the gas in it is. Oh yeah, I get 7-8 mpg when towing, and it is all freeway miles.

Seriously, don't pull a 20' + enclosed trailer carrying a Viper with a Navigator.

Sorry to the seller, I'm not trying to push away a buyer, in fact I sent this to a friend of mine who is looking for a 20-24' trailer, but it is so not fun towing my car I felt it wrong not to inform the guy with the Navigator.

OP
OP
B

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry about the delay in answering questions....It does not have the escape door. As Gary said, one can be installed for around $600. I'll have to check on the exact weight of the trailer itself. I think its around 3,000lbs empty....I've always pulled it with an F-250 with no problems.... Any other questions let me know.....

Thanks,

Sterling

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing I check is the height of the wheel well inside the trailer, if it's too high, the bottom of your Viper door can hit it and you'll still have a hard time getting out of the car, escape door isn't much help then.. especially if the car is lowered.

My RT/10 door barely passed over the wheel well inside this trailer I had a while back.. but it worked, and I could step out of the escape door with car door open.

You must be registered for see images

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not really in the market but have been thinking of one. I got a 2008 hummer h2 with the new for 08 engine it has 400 hp and 415 lb-tq a new six speed tranny now and 8200 lb trailer weight. Would this haul a trailer + viper real good? The new hummer is alot more powerful than a navigator but want to get opinions for future use. SUVs don't really get more powerful than the h2 / escalade excpet for maybe a turbo cayenne which probably doesnt tow **** but its not like a dually truck

OP
OP
B

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had one of the older H2s and pulled some heavy loads with it. As you know, it has pretty low gearing. With the new engine I would think it would pull a loaded trailer just fine.

vip06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a Dodge 2500 with a cummins you would never even know the trailer is back there. Gets a lot better mpgs and never have to worry about some extra weight on the trailer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave