2007 Woodward Dream Cruise

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it's starting again -- the big build up to the Woodward Dream Cruise in the Detroit area. For those of you who don't know about it, it's the single largest automotive event in the world. The projected crowd for this year is 1.25 million people and over 50,000 classic and exotic cars. The official event is Saturday, the 18th, but the build up starts at least a week before.

Here is an example of traffic on this last Tuesday night. People come from all over the country and world.

IMGP0316.JPG

Specialty cars are mixed with gawkers on Woodward, enjoying the cruising memories of the good old days. You'll see a little bit of everything on wheels out here!

IMGP0313.JPG

Tonight, the 16th, the MCVO Chapter of VCA held their pre-cruise gathering. We had over 40 cars, including guests from four states. Demetrious mad the long trip from New York. One of the highlights of the evening was a raffle for all sorts of automotive goodies.

IMGP0320.JPG

The cops have been really watching things closely at the Cruise, clamping down on every wheel chirp and the slightest of infractions. However, we had the warmest reception by the local police chief -- who actually drew the numbers for our raffle!

IMGP0318.JPG

He and his friends bonded with us and hopefully things will operate a little bit more realistically along at least one part of the cruise route.

IMGP0319.JPG

Unfortunately we were having too good a time to take many pictures tonight, but I'm sure that others who were there will contribute to this thread. One shot that we did get was this fleeting picture of Jeff Lempke's SRT with his aftermarket roof and hood. Both are great examples of workmanship.

IMGP0317.JPG

As this thread grows through the weekend you'll get plenty of examples of the Woodward crazyness!! :headbang:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this info on the Prowler site, live cam's and coverage of Woodward!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Live radio broadcasts streamed on the internet and live camera shots from their [WOMC-FM] broadcast locations:
http://womc.com/pages/808808.php
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Or you can navagate through their website to find the many times of the day and locations broadcasting from:
http://www.womc.com/
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]LIVE TV coverage [saturday evening only, Detroit time] from Woodward Avenue on WXYZ-TV/Channel 7 >>
http://www.wxyz.com/content/news/au...ntent_id=b95b5d16-20ca-41ae-862d-bc376c27313b
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Or you can navagate through their website for stories, times, pictures, helicopter coverage, etc:
http://www.wxyz.com/
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT]

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cruise was a great time. I love to look at the different mods people do with thier Vipers. It's also great to meet many of the people I chat with here at the forum.

Jeff

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be down there tomorrow morning starting at about 8am. We've got a parking spot on Old Woodward with a local company later on.

I saw a glimpse of a Viper GT-2(?) on local TV last night as they started their broadcast. (white GTS w/ rear wing)

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a couple of shots my wife took.
IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

We then checked out a bit early to watch the fabulous Beth Stalker perform at station 885 (www.bethstalker.com) After the show, Beth and her husband Noel took the Street Serpent for a quick midnight run.

IMG_00621.JPG

IMG_00641.JPG

It was a great evening.

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper