2008 ACR looks great!

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll Take One! Snake Skin Green and Black please.

You must be registered for see images attach

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car going to be a monster on the track. BUT, it would have been sooooooo much more enticing with another 75HP via the Mopar performance package talked about last year at NAIAS. Especially with the est. 650HP Vette due out next year.

Maybe Dodge can make this an option on the car.

BTW - The different color combo's are going to be sick on that car. Sick in a good way...

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that IS bada$$! and Yes I agree that with the power boost it would be the ultimate streetcar.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, That is SWEET! I see myself owning one in the far future lol.
Same Here! :lmao:
I agree they NEED to add some performance enhancements to the package, they did with the old ACR's although it was only 10 extra HP it was something.

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: Way to go Chrysler !!!! :2tu:

...they knocked it out of the ball park with this one, and with the extra 75HP factory power option (which we should certainly see availble in the future*) it will straight up be an easy "world ******!" ;)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Like the looks.

Didn't know PS Cup tires were available in 19 inches - perhaps this is another coup pulled off by Dodge (after getting Michelin to make the 19 inch PS2's for the 2008 car).

Like the idea of a removeable center on the front splitter - engineered by Dodge. Good for taking this car to car shows.

Would like to see more power, but we can always add that.

Would like to see a lighter car with perhaps carbon fiber fenders, hood, top and trunk lid. Race seats, i.e. lighter seats / seat tracks would be another place to loose some pounds.

One issue, no roll bar. I don't think Viper Days will let you run PS Cup tires without a roll bar. Perhaps there is some additional re-inforcement in the roof structure that we don't know about?

I'll probably have to buy one of these too.

Dan:drive:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone photoshop the picture so that the red areas are black and the black areas are red? I think it will be even meaner looking.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing something about this will be part of the big announcement tomorrow by the VCA (just got an email on such).

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YES the ACR is back! Love the looks too. Although I'm a bit disapointed with the power, it should have come with atleast another 75hp-100hp.

It's still a bit on the heavy side. It should come in near 3300lbs for the "*********". Get another 150lbs out if it, then they will have it right.

With the ZR-1 coming to the party at 3000lbs and 650hp, even this ACR is going to have a hard time keeping up. Granted with the Sport Cups tires it will keep it ahead in the twisties, but in the 60-160 zone, the viper's not going to do so well.

Kudo's to Dodge for bringing the ACR back, now, just add another 100hp (heads/cam) and it will be the Enzo basher, the Viper should be.

On a side note; I'm sure this ACR would kick the crap out of a 911 GT3 RS at the track. I wonder how it would do against a CC.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratultaions to everyone involved on coming out with this improvement to the already Z06 stomping 600 hp 2008 model.

Yes, it would have been nice to have more power but as long as the aftermarket parts are available through MOPAR to get the 75 hp on the show car, that would certainly work too.

Love the stripe, it looked great on the show car last January and even on the cover of Autoweek with the slight variation in colors.

Way to go Dodge, SRT and Team Viper!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That has got to be the sickest viper I have ever seen, period. Sick in a good way of course. Anyone want to buy my 2004 with only 4000 miles on it so I can get this ACR? I must have this ACR.

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the ZR-1 coming to the party at 3000lbs and 650hp, even this ACR is going to have a hard time keeping up. Granted with the Sport Cups tires it will keep it ahead in the twisties, but in the 60-160 zone, the viper's not going to do so well..
3000lbs even at 650HP ? I'll have to see THAT to believe it for one, and secondly, MOPAR will provide a basic factory power package worth another 75HP.

It'll be great to see these two go at it on a good, respresentative race course... ;)

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my 02 GTS 22 months ago and the ACR may bring me back. This car is going to crush the opposition on the track at any price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave