2008 Alignment Checked with new Hawkeye machine. Thoughts

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is the alignment, seems like the front camber is stock? Waiting on new suspension just though i would get a baseline on the factory settings. Any input would be great mark chime in when u get time...

You must be registered for see images attach

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
watcha lookin for? that looks like a non factory street alighnment- factory im thinkin had less camber than that

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was my thought but the car hasnt been aligned? I was waiting on my suspension to get installed before alignment just wanted to see what it was if i where to ever take it back "stock".

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock is less all around im shure- your alighnment tech has the factory specs in his program at his machine- or in his repair data, like alldata or mitchell on demand- or i can get them for you- your specs look like a mild aggresive street alighnment- or you techs machine is not calibrated 100% on the money

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah it was 1.4 camber front. i dont remember the rest. Mark J gave me the specs for street and track which Im gonna go ahead and use the track setup once i get the suspension on, since i was so close anyways. I was confused because the guy that owned it before me said he never had it aligned? Unless it happened why on the dealer lot? Who knows. My front tires was wearing on the outside edges from the track, so i imagined it was still factory setup. Apparently it wasnt, or there machine was off.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah it was 1.4 camber front. i dont remember the rest. Mark J gave me the specs for street and track which Im gonna go ahead and use the track setup once i get the suspension on, since i was so close anyways. I was confused because the guy that owned it before me said he never had it aligned? Unless it happened why on the dealer lot? Who knows. My front tires was wearing on the outside edges from the track, so i imagined it was still factory setup. Apparently it wasnt, or there machine was off.

If you were not the original owner I would just think someone had an alignment done once already. Now if you bought it new and never aligned it then I would be scratching my head

Reaction score
Looking at the printout I would say that it looks like the car has settled in ride height and the factory specs went askew. There is quiet a bit of overall toe in which will increase the camber a bit also. I would still run 1.8 - 2.0 negative in the front and 1.1 in the rear negative. for aggressive street or intermediate track along with 0 toe up front and .2 degrees in in the rear.

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Mark. That may make more since. I was just gettting a base line before i took it apart. Just threw me on the numbers. I assume i should use those numbers as a base with the new suspension also. If you wanna entertain me with the ride heights of the mcs, i shouldnt have to bug you much more...lol

Reaction score
Ride height measured at the frame rails at the centerline of the front and the rear wheels should be 4.25" front and 5.5" rear unless you are always on a smooth track, if so you can go lower, but anything below 4" front and 5.25" rear is pretty darn low and not always "better".

BTW you can't ever "bother me" :D

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Lots of info on alignment specs in the archives.

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks X Ive looked in the archives, seems like everything in there is very old info. I know there is some other alignment info posted by yourself and others i have read, its helpful. Mark seems very knowledgable about suspension, so i purchased it from him and just asking questions while waiting on it to be made. My winter project is gonna be finished before winter starts.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks X Ive looked in the archives, seems like everything in there is very old info. I know there is some other alignment info posted by yourself and others i have read, its helpful. Mark seems very knowledgable about suspension, so i purchased it from him and just asking questions while waiting on it to be made. My winter project is gonna be finished before winter starts.

Maybe start another project?? lol