2008 Annual Planning Meeting! Feb 17th, 2008

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This year the meeting will be at Tom Peetz home on Mercer island.

For those of you that are new to the club this is a great opertunity to get involved and get all the events for the year first hand! Call me if you didnt get the E-mail and need directions! 425-488-7022

If you have any ideas or comments and will not be able to show we could start here and Ill post the final after the meeting.

So far, items to discuss and think about...

Monthly dinners / Get togethers - Do we keep them? Where?
Seattle Hot Rod show - Awsome displays lots of thophies!
Bothell car show / Charity Event! Great turn out w/ over 20 Vipers last year!
4th of July Parade - Another great event where to have it this year?
Dyno day! - Are there any stock Vipers left?
*** Rootbeer - We have the LAST *** Rootbeer place in the nation, lets keep it alive!
Ronalds annual BBQ - Great drive, best people and evyone loves food!
Drifting Event - Amazing driving.. like myself. :) Fun to watch!
And More!

Canada events? - Drives -Mission Track
Portland Events? - Parades (troutdale) - Drives - Portland Speedway

National Events?

There are so many things to do! I cant think of them all!

Comments???

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning to drive over for the meeting. This will be the first year that I have owned a Viper from the start and I hope to be more active in events. I enjoyed dyno day and the Bothell car show as well as the picnic. I am looking forward to some tours if possible and a really good reason to put some miles on my 99 RT-10.
Rich Koch
Black 1999 RT-10

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This year, I think I'll do a crusie as well as the BBQ. Paradise, Sunrise, Hurricane Ridge, loop Hood Canal, Hwy 2, or what ever else you can think up like the Long Beach car show!

PBR

Two R/Ts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This year, I think I'll do a crusie as well as the BBQ. Paradise, Sunrise, Hurricane Ridge, loop Hood Canal, Hwy 2, or what ever else you can think up like the Long Beach car show!

PBR

How about a 3 Pass Blast.

Meet in Monroe at the Buzz Inn.

Take Rt 2 east over Stevens Pass to Leavenworth (Stop for Lunch) Go
South on Hwy 97 over Blewett pass to Cle Elum then west on I 90 over Snoqualmie pass back to Puget Sound, maybe stop for Dinner.

Taken My Harley on this trip. Many Bikers do this route and its great!:drive::2tu:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian- that sounds like a good trip. Three passes-

Best date is?----

Oh- for the planning meeting-- I'll be looking for the NEWEST MEMBER...to unload a box of memorbilia (the newest member gets to choose what they want out of the box, or the whole box). All my duplicate issues of Viper Magazine, VOI duplicates, toys and 2 Viper Racing Track sets. After all, there is only so much of this stuff you can keep before you run out of space!

Cheers
PBR

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about renting out Bremerton and doing a suspension/setup day - one with instrumented data. I need to do some setup and hate doing it at actual events where 1: you're on the clock and 2: can't run things over and over to get a solid feel for things anyway...

I only need a few other people interested to make it somewhat inexpensive ;-)

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh- for the planning meeting-- I'll be looking for the NEWEST MEMBER...to unload a box of memorbilia (the newest member gets to choose what they want out of the box, or the whole box). All my duplicate issues of Viper Magazine, VOI duplicates, toys and 2 Viper Racing Track sets. After all, there is only so much of this stuff you can keep before you run out of space!

What about the old members that never seem to run out of space?:smirk:

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on attending the run to Chelan - it sounds fun!

I'm also interested in:

• Setting up some kind of track day (Pacific Raceways?) - probably joint with some other club to mitigate expenses. I know a guy in the BMW club, and could probably set that up. Other could candidates would be the Alpha club - very active, the Miata club - very active and I know a guy there, the Porsche club, and the Lotus club (through Park Place). I've run with 17 Lotus's, half a dozen BMW's, Miatas, the works. It's a gas!
  • Setting up the go-cart race with another club, maybe the Ferrari club as in the past? Corvette club (I know a guy there too)?
  • A track day or group outing to the SRT Drive day at Portland, or better yet, Thunderhill!
  • A club outing to *** in Issaquah.
  • ...And while I don't plan any suspension changes, I'd be happy to join in a track day at Bremerton which would give me more lapping time while others get their tweaks sorted out - let's get the details worked out!

Steve :drive:

Flyin' Low

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve,
I do several track days each year. It will be great to see you out there!

Dave

1999 GTS black/cognac

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're having our planning meeting tomorrow and will share our schedule as soon as possible.

Is there any interest in doing an Autocross day this year?

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody,

We're having ours tomorrow - I'll bring it up. I've never autocrossed before, and it sounds like it would be a real challenge for my pre-ABS GTS (certainly not my driving skills! :rolaugh:).
But that's OK, I love to kill cones!

Steve :drive:

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike just posted the schedule for 2008 on our website, wavca.org. If there are any changes to be made please let me know. I included the events from Oregon and Canada on our schedule.

It looks like another great Viper year!

Heather

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heather- Great news. I'll be looking to doa cruise areound Hood Canal after May.
I'll check the calender and see if I can find a dry sunny day.

Oh- please let us know when the shirts are available.

PBR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4