2008 problem...

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
drove the car about 3 miles, parked had lunch. Came out and now the check engine light is on. Have an appointment for tuesday for exhaust change, guess they'll have something else to figure out aswell. Car runs normal. Any way of finding out what code is gettin tossed up??

osuaero

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming the computer is the same as an '06 you can get the code without Autozone. Turn the ignition on then off three times slowly and the code will appear on the odometer readout. A simple search on here will then tell you what the code means.

OP
OP
R

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Assuming the computer is the same as an '06 you can get the code without Autozone. Turn the ignition on then off three times slowly and the code will appear on the odometer readout. A simple search on here will then tell you what the code means.
didnt work for me.

osuaero

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm...maybe somebody with an '08 can chime in. It took me a few tries before I got it to work.

OP
OP
R

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
spoke to the dealership and they said to check the gas cap. cleaned the crud off the seal and blammo off went the engine light.

so whos got a link to a top knotch reader so i dont have to deal with autozones crappola one. Thanks.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The code will still be in the memory. I would still do a read and see what code it pulls up and make sure it was really the pressurized gas tank code.