2008 Wheel Specs

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking for new 3 piece wheels with black centers and polished lips for my 2008 SSG coupe. I prefer to use the stock 18/19 PS2 tires (much cheaper than new 19/20s). I see various companies (Iforged, CCW, HRE, etc) offering 18/19 wheels that are made to work with the stock tires. Do I need to be concerned with the specs (offset, etc) of these wheels or do I ask for their "standard Viper set up"? I have been told some wheels require you to move the parking brake, use spacers and file screws on the front calipers but I prefer to get something that works without modification. Any suggetions would be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Most 3 piece wheels will require the Ebrake re locater but no real problem with that. I can help if you are interested and supply the kit. The company's know what works for the viper so you won't need any specs for them.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about a 3 piece wheel necessitates the relocation of the ebrake calipers?

Reaction score

The inside "barrels" are contoured and the factory ones are not,. The contour gives the rim it's strength, but also limits the room where the caliper pulley is located.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the three peice wheels have a "reverse drop out" - the area of the wheel the tire "drops" into when you are mounting or removing tires. The reverse drop allows for the wide lip we see on many of the wheels that are available.

The back; With a 20 inch 3 piece wheel, it's not an issue, with some 19" and most if not all 18" 3 piece wheels you will need the e-brake relocation kit.

As for the front wheels it would be best if you can find someone that has already used the wheel you are thinking about purchasing and get some feedback...I've never heard of anyone having trouble with an 18" hre or iforged wheel on the front of a genIII/IV

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The E-calipers are NOT relocated....just the cable/bracket that operates them, due to the clearance issues cited.

Not all wheels force this, but many of the deep-lip, deep-reverse looks do

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth