2010 FE #10 of 50 AV100460

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well enough time has passed and I'm willing to share a story.
I purchased this car new with 255km in Oct 2011. I drove it 100km and put it in storage. I went from a pickup truck to a viper with no steps in between. It was the longest winter of my life. In feb I had signed up for driver training and decided to bring it to the coast to get some seat time before the driver training date of march 24. On feb 18 I was going from white rock to Langley. It was dry in white rock but as I was traveling the weather shifted to wet near freezing conditions. I lost control of the car in a straight line at a relatively slow speed. I crossed two lanes of traffic and ended up sideways into a telephone pole. This impact took the back of the car off and damaged the frame. I got really lucky a the impact was just behind the driver seat and I walked away with 3 broken ribs. I had heard all the warnings, but seems I had to learn the hard way. I had replacement cost insurance, and the coupe was replaced with a 30km 2010 FE ACR #5 of 50. I got a second chance and still made it to driving school on 24 of march. I have since completed 3 other driver training days and my ACR now has 6500km of incident free enjoyment. Tracking this car is a lot of fun and keeps me sane on the public road ways.
The coupe was sold for 24k to a rebuilder in BC Canada, I don't doubt for a min it will end up back on the road. If it seems to good to be true I just wanted to let the viper nation know a little history of #10 that only has 700km on her.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's a shame. Glad you are OK and back in a Viper. I know we had a mild winter, but always check the weather reports up there before you head out in February :omg:

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still remember the story when you blew you pcm computer, I'am glad you got off OK, but congrads on you new ACR it looks nice enjoy.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Drew, I remember when you told me what happened, I was heart sick for you.

Man I'm happy you're OK and the Viper enjoyment has continued for you.

Vj

You must be registered for see images

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar occurence when I totaled my viper in October. Picking up another one on Thursday. Glad it worked out for you.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need some pictures! (not of the wreck... Please no!)

I think '10 FE's are the most classy looking Vipers out there.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad I read all these stories of low speed crashes with the throttle, even in a straight line. Car seems to be tail happy, which is ok, but you need to be prepared. I test drove an 08 at a dealer a few weeks ago, and he said go ahead, gun it. I didn't. That's all I needed was to fly across two lanes in a spin. When I do get one, I am going to find a lot and see what happens...

Derek

OP
OP
D

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR #5 of 50 and Mikerae's convert #20 or 50

Two FE's hanging for a weekend at PIR

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
D

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still nervous as hell driving in the wet. Took a lot to get over the accident. I remember sitting beside the car waiting for the police and tow truck thinking I didn't care what insurance does I'm never getting in another one. After sleeping on it in the hospital, realizing where I went wrong, the fact it was bad judgement and not horseplay made want another. Insurance initially tried to get me to take a new Canadian edition, as replacement. Luckily I found the new FE ACR and they where willing to replace the coupe with it. Again lucky for me it all worked out. I know I won't ever get a third chance.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the FE's are gorgeous. Those aren't the regular chrome six spokes, they get a different finish treatment. Right? Thats not just chrome?

OP
OP
D

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock finish on the rims for the coupe, mikes convert has stock wheel replaced with factory wheel but I believe they have a buffed aluminum finish. He would be best to ask though

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth