2013 Events

brifri11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello! Im constantly thinking about the warmer weather, and cant wait to be driving my car! I'm excited for the opportunity to be a part of this club and look forward to some of the events...

I immediately noticed that you guys have track/autocross days .How do those days work? Do you need to be certified to be able to race around the track? Or is there like a training session the day of? How much do they usually cost? How many runs Any info would help, im pretty clueless considering the only type of racing I've done was at the drag strip... can't wait to get on a track.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. It sure is a lot of fun.

The autocross is $85 and the track days are $350. However, as a first timer, you will get each of those events for FREE the first time you participate. You do not have to be certified, just a drivers license :). We have a good group of people always looking to help and you can have instructors ride with you. All you will need is a helmet and closed toed shoes. Recommend some driving gloves.

The number of runs depends on the number of participants, but trust me, you will get enough. It will be an all day actvity, either with you being on the track, or helping folks on the track, or in general to get things moving smoothly.

Come over to the first meet in April at Fuddruckers. And, do plan on the cruises too. Heck, every activity the IL VCA does is fun.

A

OP
OP
B

brifri11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That all sounds great to me! Thanks for answering my question so quick and I definitely will be at Fuddruckers on the 3rd. I plan to do as many Viper related things as possible. So far everybody on here has been very nice and already seems like joining was worth it. Thanks again.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. It sure is a lot of fun.

The autocross is $85 and the track days are $350. However, as a first timer, you will get each of those events for FREE the first time you participate. You do not have to be certified, just a drivers license :). We have a good group of people always looking to help and you can have instructors ride with you. All you will need is a helmet and closed toed shoes. Recommend some driving gloves.

The number of runs depends on the number of participants, but trust me, you will get enough. It will be an all day actvity, either with you being on the track, or helping folks on the track, or in general to get things moving smoothly.

Come over to the first meet in April at Fuddruckers. And, do plan on the cruises too. Heck, every activity the IL VCA does is fun.

A

WHAT ANIL SAID!!:2tu::2tu:

OP
OP
B

brifri11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are these events strictly limited to VCA members? Because I'm sure my brother would love to track/autocross his BMW. Or is it open to anyone but they just pay a little more?

Junk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read this thread and cannot wait to get going with this driving season! What a benefit to being a newbie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper