2013 SRT Viper Hot Lap! - 2013 Best Driver's Car Contender

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez, how many times are they going to toss Randy behind the new Viper at Laguna Seca? What is this, the fifth video of him in a different one?

Each time he seemingly runs slower.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone even have a TA yet? IMO the TA shouldnt be part of the competition, they are not even avail.

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man i Still Can't Pick If I like The Gen 5 In Blue With Strips Or White? So Pretty

Like when he says .. man starting to sweet... well yea your driving a real man's car

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched the Cayman S video, and the as tested price was $101K. What is the base price of a Cayman S? As a comparison, the SRT had an as tested price of $114K and turned a lap of 1:36.43. The Cayman S turned in a lap of 1:41.26.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sinks it. If the "Drivers Car" test is being held at Laguna Seca then its curtains for the Vipers chances of winning this event. Even though it [reg Viper] puts up decent laps here in Randy's hands, it never seems to be quite up to the track with all its suspension movements and pushing in some of the turns according to the consistant commentary over all the tested laps. Id love to see the reg Viper stretch its legs on VIR. Id bet it would be near the top of the heap lap time wise on VIR.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The T/A was at the Woodward Dream Cruise and was told it would be available for 2014 :)

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is really dumb they are using the base viper rather than the GTS. The GTS would be the drivers car. Why would they then get a fully optioned out cayman S and get a base viper? Why would they get a base anything for an all around driving car?

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was shot months ago. It has to be a convenient time for everyone, not just SRT. They make the requests for certain cars, the companies send what they want. There is nothing they can do.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really frustrating to me that SRT keeps sending cars that don't really match the test. A base SRT against an SLS Black? A base SRT for this Motor Trend competition? If you don't have the cars, wait. For this test they REALLY should have had a GTS ready. I just don't understand their marketing strategies sometimes.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Randy drives everything and I have yet to see his heart rate elevated to half that level by anything... Is lap time the absolute measure of a best driver's car ? Answer No. The measure is what ever suits the magazine's agenda in determining a Best Driver's car in this type of journalistic malpractice. Either way few cars if any offer the sheer unadulterated driving excitement of a V10 monster engine Viper.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So go watch Randy drive the Cayman and use words like balance and delightful with one hand on the wheel. Then go back and watch him drive the Viper and use words like Thrilling, Beast, Sweat, a lot of power, worth driving. The definition of Best driver's car is surely subjective.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So go watch Randy drive the Cayman and use words like balance and delightful with one hand on the wheel. Then go back and watch him drive the Viper and use words like Thrilling, Beast, Sweat, a lot of power, worth driving. The definition of Best driver's car is surely subjective.

Sums it up perfectly.

Randy said he was breaking a sweat when driving the Viper.

The Cayman, one could sip tea in. Boring.

sjfirebird

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So far at Laguna Seca:
mercedes sls amg black 1:35.03
viper srt 2013 1:36.43
nissan gt-r track pack 1:36.63
Audi r8 v10 1:38.7
porsche 911 4s 1:39.19
aston martin vanquish 1:40.71
porsche cayman s 1:41.26
mercedes e63 amg s wagon 1:42.39
bentley continental gt speed 1:46.60
ford fiesta st 1:49.30

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...ooffff...omg..***. Is SRT sending rental cars to MT now? Maybe if the Viper kills RP then they will wise up? Ralph needs to kick some butt!

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just heard back by email from SRT regarding my complaints about the MotorTrend Viper that was tested... I guess all my ******** riled up the bosses !!!

Check this out..... I will post the most important part of the return email below.

You are not gonna believe it.... SRT says that Ralph Gilles himself prepped that Viper !!!

Here is the excerpt ...

" Dear Kratedisease, we understand your postings and concerns regarding the Viper tested in the Motor Trend Magazine's Best Drivers Car Competition. The Viper in question was fully prepped and tested by Ralph Gilles. Unfortunately, Mr. Gilles states that although he inspected the Viper prior to releasing the car to be tested by Motor Trend, Mr Gilles informed us that he had difficulty noticing the quality defects present in the Viper automobile due to the fact that his hair had persistently and continually fallen into his eyes and obstructed his view during his inspection of the vehicle. "

OK, NOT !! LOL

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...ooffff...omg..***. Is SRT sending rental cars to MT now? Maybe if the Viper kills RP then they will wise up? Ralph needs to kick some butt!
Lol. Same thing I joked about Randy getting killed in the thread that is now hidden in another forum from us regular members. I think MT really let the Viper have it with that review as revenge for SRT sending them such a sloppy car to test and also not giving them the TA that MT feels they MADE SRT produce. This could be journalistic hijinks.If MT is above board with the complaints of loose seat bolts, defects etc then SRT really ***** big time imho. They just keep failing on the big stage over and over and there is no excuse for this nonsense. I call it like I see it.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. Same thing I joked about Randy getting killed in the thread that is now hidden in another forum from us regular members. I think MT really let the Viper have it with that review as revenge for SRT sending them such a sloppy car to test and also not giving them the TA that MT feels they MADE SRT produce. This could be journalistic hijinks.If MT is above board with the complaints of loose seat bolts, defects etc then SRT really ***** big time imho. They just keep failing on the big stage over and over and there is no excuse for this nonsense. I call it like I see it.

What finally happened that made the thread get hidden?

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is no joke for current owners of the Gen V, or those of us sitting on the sidelines waiting for SRT to get their act together. I sure hope they can come back from this thoroughly embarrassing debacle with some substantive improvements, and trying to deflect blame just isn't going to cut it this time. It will be so easy for those considering this car to say forget it, not worth it, and move on to something else...no matter how passionate they were about buying a Viper.

The "Moved" thread I started reading before it suddenly disappeared was a relief in that even the Viper's strongest supporters recognized how serious and just the criticisms were, and that gave me hope that SRT would feel the same. There were calls in that thread to fire people, but the buck stops at the top and Ralph is sure to be called to the mat on this one...and rightly so. I hope he/they fix it now because I'm not sure they'll get another chance, and Fiat is unlikely to keep them on life support otherwise.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456