2013 Steering wheel and grab handle...

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does everyone think for the shape of the steering wheel & passenger grab bar?

Is there a purpose in the shape of the wheel for the track? Good or Bad... (non track guy here)

Oh... and did SRT address the wiper stalk as not to be so close to the wheel. I see alot of wipers popping on when I have been at the track...

You must be registered for see images

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the wheel! The purpose is to have more clearance for your legs. Totally jealous. I could use it.
As far as the wipers go, I have hit the wipers my self by accident just driving. One of my pet peeves.
-Wiper stalk
-Big wheel
-Tilt lever fit and finish *****, sits lower than the column shroud and I hit my knee on it.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This shape of wheel is very common now to sports cars and especially race cars. It allows more leg room clearance when getting in the car and also while driving. Nearly all after market racing wheels are shaped like this too and looks better. The grab handle is very nice for passengers IMO and looks aggressive.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe the flat bottomed steering wheel will be used for most all the SRT vehicles.

The grab handle could also be doubling as a structural element to tie the bulkhead to the transmission, and add integrity to the body/driveline structures.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does everyone think for the shape of the steering wheel & passenger grab bar?

Is there a purpose in the shape of the wheel for the track? Good or Bad... (non track guy here)

Oh... and did SRT address the wiper stalk as not to be so close to the wheel. I see alot of wipers popping on when I have been at the track...

:rolleyes:
so you are non track guy but you have been on the track
:dunno:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
so you are non track guy but you have been on the track
:dunno:

He said "AT" the track. Lotsa folks like the atmosphere but for whatever reason don't track it. Nothing wrong with that.

I like the flat bottom but it will never look as cool as this wheel unless they find a way to hide or get rid of the death balloon.
1995Viper.jpg

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a D wheel on my ZR1 and like it a lot better than the stock one, it's great to see that the Viper will come with one right from the factory, save ya about $1600