2013 stripe option

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there still going to be a 2 stripe option? 1 on the srt and 1 on the gts? . the 1 on the gts was to be differant than the 1 on the srt. is the stripe that we see now on the gts hood going to always be the style for the gts, or the same on the srt hood?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there will be TWO stripe options for the GTS. The normal duel wide stripes then a stripe option that is exclusive to the GTS trim level.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there will be TWO stripe options for the GTS. The normal duel wide stripes then a stripe option that is exclusive to the GTS trim level.

I think you're wrong Bob. The stripes we are now seeing are GTS exclusive and will be the same stripes for the GTS with either hood. SRT stripes will end just before the front fascia and at the rear tip of the rear spoilers front face. Info came at Mid Ohio...If you want full length stripes, you will have to buy the GTS. On the SRT model, I think we can expect something on the hood that will remind you of the 05 Fangs look. We will know soon!

Bill

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're wrong Bob. The stripes we are now seeing are GTS exclusive and will be the same stripes for the GTS with either hood. SRT stripes will end just before the front fascia and at the rear tip of the rear spoilers front face. Info came at Mid Ohio...If you want full length stripes, you will have to buy the GTS. On the SRT model, I think we can expect something on the hood that will remind you of the 05 Fangs look. We will know soon!

Bill

The SRT model is supposed to be a back to the basics car, but doesn't have full length stripes?? Hmmmm...good job SRT
.. :rolleyes:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT model is supposed to be a back to the basics car, but doesn't have full length stripes?? Hmmmm...good job SRT

Bummed me out initially, too, but I'm over it and ready for something new. I'm going to make myself like it....got to have some kind of black stripe to set off the yellow car! And the GTS is not for me.

Bill

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill

Thanks for the info bill! I was trying to remember what I read on the spec sheets from April but obviously things can change or I misunderstood what I read.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was hoping to see both stripes on both hoods live, outside

I would be very surprised if that happens, but what do I know? I think the GTS will have the same, full length stripes with either hood and the SRT stripes will be unique to the SRT model. The press release clearly states GTS stripes are N/A on the SRT model and the SRT stripes are N/A on the GTS model. I think we will see the full length stripes on the six vent hood soon. Ordering should be only a month away. Just my opinion...I hope you get what you want!

Bill

Last edited:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking over the pics again, I'm really disappointed that they're charging so much for the SRT stripes. They are very simple, basically only applied on flat surfaces, and compared to previous stripes should be a piece of cake to lay down. Yet they're charging nearly 30% more- looks like a major "Viper tax" increase. SRT must be taking cues from the Occupy Wallstreet gang:crazy2:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if that happens, but what do I know? I think the GTS will have the same, full length stripes with either hood and the SRT stripes will be unique to the SRT model. The press release clearly states GTS stripes are N/A on the SRT model and the SRT stripes are N/A on the GTS model. I think we will see the full length stripes on the six vent hood soon. Ordering should be only a month away. Just my opinion...I hope you get what you want!

Bill

I thought the full length stripes were limited to the 'Launch Edition' GTS?

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they are exclusive for any gts with stripes, only the white are exclusive for the launch edition.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Without the full length stripes it frankly makes the stripes on the SRT worthless & certainly not worth the money. IMO Stripes on any Viper have be FULL LENGTH OR NONE AT ALL. If I was purchasing an SRT, it would not have stripes.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without the full length stripes it frankly makes the stripes on the SRT worthless & certainly not worth the money. IMO Stripes on any Viper have be FULL LENGTH OR NONE AT ALL. If I was purchasing an SRT, it would not have stripes.

We all have opinions.... I have seen them on the car, at the factory, and they look good.

Bill

Last edited:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO the SRT version of the stripes look like aftermarket efforts. I had no idea they were different il recently, and I'm disappointed, if I do a gen5, it'll be stripe-less because of this. I'm not into a GTS, the extra $ isn't worth it to me for the upgrades you get. Full stripes in the aftermarket is the solution, oh well.

But looks like some like them, so that's good for SRT I guess.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full length is offered on any GTS....not just the Launch car.

Thanks Brian, this is good news to me IMO the full length stripes look the best. I hope the ACR striping is like the GTS-R where they come out of the hood ducts and go over the top. :2tu:

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never knew stripes were such an issue until my neighbor commented that my 05 commemorative stripes don't go all the way to the chin. I always thought the opposite, that 'fang stripes' looked more factory, and full length ones looked more aftermarket (easy to apply).

Having different stripes does sound silly to apply to GTS or SRT. Either option should be there - is it that difficult? Paint areas look very similar on both hoods. Or are they using it as a tool to force you to a GTS?

Personally, I like the SRT hood with fang stripes better. I like the 2010 stripes better as well, but I know that is not the popular opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62