22's?

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking at some of the vipers with 20 inch wheels and have noticed that there is still some room in the back for a bigger wheel. Has anyone ever done a 21 or 22 inch wheel in the back and 20 up front?

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA Understandable.

I guess I could ask my next question... If I order a 20x13. What offset should I get?

19x10 offset for the front?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA Understandable.

I guess I could ask my next question... If I order a 20x13. What offset should I get?

19x10 offset for the front?

Go with stock offsets only! I have seen 22 inch wheels on a Viper and it looks WRONG! I would say not to go higher than 20 and realistically 19 should be highest.

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at Gary Javo's old b/w gts. It had a 19/20 combo but it didnt seem like the offset was aggressive enough, more so in the front.

What would the stock offset's be for say the gen 3 wheels?

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

take this one for example. that front wheels seems to me it doesnt poke far enough. i feel that it needs to sit flush with the hood.

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20/20 or 20/19 TRUST ME;) I forged is a sponsor here & I'm a stocking dealer :) I have a couple 20/19 sets in stock so PM me if interested;)

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I really do enjoy the iforged line, I'm the kind o fguy that likes to step outside the box when it comes to modifying my vehicles.

I have a very special set of wheels in mind...

20x13 rears
19x10/11? fronts

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is a bad idea to use staggered diameter wheels on Gen 1 or 2 Vipers as it will have an adverse effect on handling

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20/20 or 20/19 TRUST ME;) I forged is a sponsor here & I'm a stocking dealer :) I have a couple 20/19 sets in stock so PM me if interested;)

nice cars ... the lawn however is another story all together

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
22's...really.
I personally think 18/18 or 18/19 & lowered look best. 20s just look like your trying to hard.

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 18's look stock. ;)

19's look good, but I just don't think they fill the wheel wells enough.

20's to me seem perfect, and if you consider 20's trying to hard I guess you could put owning a viper in general in the same category. But to each his own.

I never said I wanted 22's, was just curious.

:2tu:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bet you're over 50?!?! Am I right;)

just turned 30, 18/19 on a genII still keeps the focus on the car and not the rims. I just think you start to take away from the body of the car when you start getting any larger than that. May be trying to hard is the wrong saying. They still look better than my stock 17s:D

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't seen 20s front and rear on a Viper IN PERSON, you might want to try to find someone near you before you drop some coin. I saw 20's/20s in person and they looked HUGE.

I'll be going 19"/19" when I get my rims.:drive:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about Gen I or II but the 19 and 20 setup for Gen IIIs is perfect in my opinion, Especially when lowered. In fact the ride quality and handling is vastly improved since you remove a ton of weight from stock runflat setup.

DSC06667.JPG

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure about Gen I or II but the 19 and 20 setup for Gen IIIs is perfect in my opinion, Especially when lowered. In fact the ride quality and handling is vastly improved since you remove a ton of weight from stock runflat setup.

DSC06667.JPG

Looks good Nader, I think the GenIIIs can handle a larger rim, maybe its the newer body:dunno:
I like the 5 spoke, probably the best looking in my opinion on a GenIII.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If anyone is looking to get some Iforged for your car, Matt here is the man. I got my 19/20 Iforged combo from him for my 01 GTS and couldn't be happier:2tu:. My buddy with a 96 GTS wasn't even considering aftermarket wheels for his car, until the weekend when we went to the dragstip and everyone was walking past his car to come check mine out :D

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, you are definitely the man when it comes to purchasing Iforged wheels. My 20/20 setup on my SRT-10 is perfect!!! Thanks Again, Mike

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good Nader, I think the GenIIIs can handle a larger rim, maybe its the newer body:dunno:
I like the 5 spoke, probably the best looking in my opinion on a GenIII.

thanks for the compliments. Funny I am headed to Phoenix tomorrow for a conference. I am staying at Scottrsdale Resorts.

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is looking to get some Iforged for your car, Matt here is the man. I got my 19/20 Iforged combo from him for my 01 GTS and couldn't be happier:2tu:. My buddy with a 96 GTS wasn't even considering aftermarket wheels for his car, until the weekend when we went to the dragstip and everyone was walking past his car to come check mine out :D

Thanks man;) I can't wait to see your car with them on, I'm tempted to mail you my camera :D

And thanks to you too Mike!! I'm glad you kept your awesome SRT!!:2tu:

Matt w/ SPEEDWERKZ

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't seen 20s front and rear on a Viper IN PERSON, you might want to try to find someone near you before you drop some coin. I saw 20's/20s in person and they looked HUGE.

I'll be going 19"/19" when I get my rims.:drive:

19's look great on gen I and gen II...untill you see one with 19/20's . Then they start to look a little small.