2nd Annual WAVCA Viper Fall Colors Tour, 2011

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2011 WAVCA Fall Colors Tour around the Central Cascades Loop is coming up Saturday, November 5, 2011. We are at the mercy of the weather once again as this would be the last opportunity before the snow flies.

We will start out on Saturday morning, November 5, 2011 at 9 a.m. from Redmond Town Center. From there, we will head east through a few twisty roads to Monroe, hang a right on Highway 2 and continue over Stevens Pass to Leavenworth from there. Should take a little over 2 hours to get there, then we’ll split up and have lunch. Food and shopping can continue until about 2 or 3 p.m. when we need to get back on the road. We’ll drive a little further east to Wenatchee & hang a right to head back over Snoqualmie. Instead of slogging along I-90, after the Pass we will detour to Snoqualmie Falls. There is a back route into Issaquah/Sammamish along Hwy 203/202 that can’t be missed! We’ll end the drive with a dinner in downtown Issaquah. Total drive time (estimated via googlemaps) is about 5 hours.

Our itinerary:

*****0. We'll have a driver's meeting before departure to go over our route & caravan rules. Proposed stops, desired additional stops, no driving crazy, radios set to 10-10, driving/fog lights on, any non-Viper gets mixed up with us, slow to a crawl so they get irritated & get out of our way, etc, etc, etc.

1. Start at Redmond Town Center. We will go out the back (and more fun) way to Monroe.
2. Stop at South end of Monroe at Al Borin Park to pick up anyone coming from the north. Gas is around the corner from here.
3. Continue on to Highway 2 towards Stevens Pass.
4. Stop at Nason Creek Rest Stop to prepare for Leavenworth.
5. Arrive at Leavenworth. Shopping/sightseeing/Lunch. We can eat as a group (probably Krystals where we went with the Canada crew earlier this year) or split up.
6. Give cat bath (i.e.: gather everyone to depart)
7. Stop in Cle Elum to rest/refuel before getting on I-90.
8. Snoqualmie Falls rest stop. Take a picture, visit the gift shop, but no hiking - we'll never get back!
9. Continue back roads to Issaquah.
10. Dinner in Issaquah TBD (Last year was Lombardi's, we can do that again or pick a different restaurant).

I'll have maps & directions for you.

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are on for the Leavenworth trip tomorrow - rain or shine!! (Hopefully shine)
Passes are clear right now and there is only a 20-30% chance of rain tomorrow afternoon and we can always turn around if things start to get nasty as we approach Stevens Pass.

I'll have maps and directions.

Hope to see you out on the road!

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30% chance of rain and/or snow... whatever..:rolleyes:

Here are a few pics. I'll get more when I figure out the new posting pics procedure. Or you can click on the albums below.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee480/Coiled04/2011%20Fall%20Colors%20Tour/?start=all

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzdownunder/sets/72157628067872206/

https://picasaweb.google.com/109021015936161776583/ViperCruiseToLeavenworthWaNov52011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ_lkPKq2rCggQE&feat=directlink

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62