2nd Snake coming Monday

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just made a deal with Bill P. for the silver 2003 SRT-10. My red '97 GTS is slowly getting too many track mods and I needed to get rid of the 2002 ZO6 (daily driver) anyway before its value goes any lower than it already has. So much for the rationalization for buying something I don't really need (but you all are familiar with that).
Can't wait to see how it handles compared to the Gen II. I hope it makes it up and down the driveway entrance to may parking garage better than my GTS does! I'll have to sweep all remnants of the Vette out of the garage before I put the snake in the stall though (don't want it tainted).
Life is good. :D

Ray

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the Gen III! Silver is nice....

I hate to change the subject, but how did you like the Z06 as a daily driver? I figure the prices will hit rock bottom next year when the C6 Z06 (or whatever name they give it), so I figure I can pick one up cheap for a daily driver. I realize it doesn't have the power/torque that a Gen II has, but how does it compare to the Viper in other areas? Steering feedback/feel, confidence at speed, grip, etc...

Thanks.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how it handles compared to the Gen II. I hope it makes it up and down the driveway entrance to may parking garage better than my GTS does! I'll have to sweep all remnants of the Vette out of the garage before I put the snake in the stall though (don't want it tainted).
Life is good. :D

Ray
You will love the handling Ray.Also,my srt doesnt scrape on my driveway,but my gen 2's do.Good luck and congrats!!

OP
OP
V

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onerareviper,
The ZO6 makes a great daily driver. Comfortable, easy ingress and egress (the seat goes back when you shut the car and back in to your setting when you put the key in again). Does well in the rain and traction control is there to help if needed. Surprisingly (to me), I feel less confident with this car at high speed cornering (on the street) compared to the viper. I don't feel the road as much and don't have as good a sense where the traction limits are...but that could be my limited track experience with this car compared to the viper (still limited but more than ZO6).
Another thing is that I don't find myself speeding as much as when I'm in my viper (a good thing?). It feels like driving a Taurus but you have the power when you want it. It just is very bland and unexciting and less involving...but it makes a good daily driver.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray -

Congrats! While that Bill P is kind of a shady fella (bought both my Vipers from him), sounds like you still did okay. ;) Be sure to let us know when it should be arriving and don't forget Dyno Day on April 18th in Kansas City - FREE for both your Vipers!

Chris

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray, be sure to post your impressions of the SRT-10 relative to the Viper and Vette. I have a 99 GTS and an 01 Z06. I pretty much agree with your conclusions about the two cars. The Z06 makes a great daily driver as it is comfortable, plenty fast, and get's great gas mileage. I also find myself going faster in the Viper as it is just more exciting. I've seen new 04 Z06s for as low as $45,000 which is a **** of a lot of car for the money, however, I see an SRT-10 as a step up for sure.

Jim