4 ACRS on the track today

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We had 4 ACRS show up today at the new road course at Keystone Florida. Truely what these cars were designed for. I left mine in street trim and did not put on the front splitter as, I drove it 120 miles to the track and had to drive it back at the end of the day. Oneof the guys switched at midday to the splitter and one of track settings on the suspension, he said it made a massive difference.. Another ACR came his suspension set on the rough track setting and he was burning it up. He ran a 1.31, the week before a full blown Mazda race car was running mid 1.20s, again this was a full blown race car, not a car that drove to the track. What an awesome day...

Grant

Viper Owner
Reaction score
John,

I started out doing 1:36s, and my best time was actually a 1:32.1, which I ran several times. I never managed a 1:31.x. According to Ivor (the owner of the European Motorsports Park) the car that was running mid-20s was a Formula Mazda (I'm not sure which generation). It was my first time pushing the ACR (or any Viper) near the limit, and my first time on that track. I'm sure much faster laps could be had. My ACR is stock, except for the adjustable bits (alignment, ride height, dampers).

I'm really not sure what a good lap time is for a street car there. We were running the full track, clockwise with the "bus stop chicane".

When his car was not setup properly at all (higher than stock ride height, dampers set to street settings, and no splitter extension) David Mazick was running 1:35-6s (I know because I paced him for two laps). Unfortunately I never got any PBox data or lap times from him after he set the car up properly, but I'm sure he was much faster.

F8L SNK, there was a lot of video taken, but it may be a while before its edited and put up anywhere.

It was a great event. I don't know that I'd want to do anything really competitive at that track, but for a simple lapping day it was fine.

To be honest, I was not impressed with my ACR's overall grip level at that event. Everything else about it was great, but it didn't have the grip I'd expected. It could have been the surface, which is new asphalt. It was very smooth, and caused nearly no tire wear on my car. Well, the mild brake pad fade I got during my last session wasn't much fun either (I suppose I need some ducting).

Last edited:

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have my Viper ACR yet, but I ran an SRT-4 ACR and my best lap was 1:50.9 with most laps at 1:52. My car is stock except intake and exhaust with crappy street tires.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did Hooked on Driving at Roebling Road last Thursday, was a great event with lots of track time and instructors. We got 8 twenty minute sessions with the small group we had.
-David

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can easily see how 1.20s could be run at this track, but I'll let someone else claim this title. Turn 16 and the "wall" did not concern me, but I was cautious through 11, for a mistake here could result in body damage or even worse; requesting flight clearance from the nearby control tower. Overall, the track was fun and I was impressed with how well the ACR responded to changes after each session. Having trailered my T1 car all over the US and Canada, it was nice to drive to the track, make adjustments, have a blast on the track, and then drive home. Dodge; thank you!

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We did not do a lot of timing, as most of the members were more concerned with driving the track safely. I was able to peddle a 4200 lb Dodge Charger SRT8 around in 1.51, the car has the Brembo factory upgrades, SS brake lines, and high temp fluid. Huge difference the brakes never faded. I never got a good time out of the ACR, due to traffic the session I timed it, I ran a 1.46 but was on the brakes for traffic. The ACR was very confident inspiring. My brakes never had any fade, the car is just amazing, you just have to watch that you can get comfortable with its handling and start to think about other things like; "lunch." I want to do the rent a 4 wheel drive ricer and run the dirt rally track for a day, anybody want to join me??

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I captured in car video and some video of Chuck and the ACRs on track. I haven't taken the time to format and upload any of the video yet. I am sure the guys at IMV films got the best footage of the day though.
-David

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot me a PM with your address and I can mail you a CD of the video. I only took a few minutes of your 1st run and then recorded in-car video of my first two runs. I got tired of messing with the video so I didn't take any later in the day when we were all running better times.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy is that a slow track...it must make you sick to be unable to unleash the power of that beast. Someone needs to design a 'race' track for high HP cars.

V

Venomiss

Thank you for sharing your video on the track. Very nice!

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why they would put those cement barriers on the track.
Wouldn't you rather slide off the track onto the grass than hit cement ?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy is that a slow track...it must make you sick to be unable to unleash the power of that beast. Someone needs to design a 'race' track for high HP cars.

Painfully slow. Nowhere to cool the car down, nowhere to really let it hang out. I believe there are changes in the works but 16 turns on a 2-mile track is waaaaaay too many. Should be about 5 turns per mile.

Great vid Grant!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why they would put those cement barriers on the track.
Wouldn't you rather slide off the track onto the grass than hit cement ?

Honestly, I kinda like those. But the reason for them being so close I'm sure has to do with space limitations.

I had a big problem with the "bus stop" which was put in to slow the cars before heading to the pit wall. A chicane would have been better.

Gotta be supportive. I think improvements will come over time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave